new imac gaming capability

I'm looking at buying one of the new imacs soon. Before you give me any mac vs. pc crap just dont. I know already and i dont want ot hear it. I just need my question answered.

AMD Radeon HD 6750M with 512MB
    AMD Radeon HD 6770M with 512MB
    AMD Radeon HD 6750M with 1GB GDDR5
    AMD Radeon HD 6970M with 1GB

These are the different graphics card options I have, All I want to know is what games will play on high using these graphics cards and what ones wont.
    I would prefer responses from someone who either A. uses a mac and can base their information on their experience or. B. someone who actually has some knowledge of graphics cards.

I obviously already know which graphics card is better, I'm just trying to find one that can play games I would be interested in playing.

Some I can think of I would like to be able to play (other than WoW obviously)
    Minecraft
    Dragon Age 2
    Civ 5
    Battlefield BC2
    BC 3 (i doubt it)

please include average fps if you know it.
    Any other games you have info on would also be helpful, thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html'

I haven't used any of the above mentioned cards before. But I was able to compare to mine

Obviously the 6970m will blow everything out of the water, if you want it to last and have the money I would suggest this one. It came with a score of 2808 on the above listed site (which is 2 under a full 6870)

The 6750 came with 1139 a decent drop,

In my current laptop, Toshiba Quosmio Q505 i5 and a GTS 360m (Marked at 858)
    BFBC does fine on high, sometimes a little drop in FPS but generally decent.
    Minecraft of course does fine, sometimes laggy when recording (on same harddrive) with fraps.
    Wow it plays fine on ultra with no shadows, but I usually throw it on high to keep it from jumping.
    Rift I play on high, or what ever the top is, with low shadows as well.

I haven't played Civ 5 or DA2 on it yet but I don't see it having a problem.

Keep in mind this is a windows computer with a first gen i5.

Hope this helps a little, sorry I dont have better information
    Last edited by Airin; 2011-05-03 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikky05v View Post
    These are the different graphics card options I have, All I want to know is what games will play on high using these graphics cards and what ones wont.

please include average fps if you know it.
    Any other games you have info on would also be helpful, thanks.
    http://www.notebookcheck.net/Compute...s.13849.0.html
    Filter out the three GPUs from here, and you'll get some numbers. Problem is that all of those GPUs are so new that there's very little real benchmarks or comparisons anywhere. Google is your friend, or the chart in post above this one.

I'm looking at buying one of the new imacs soon. Before you give me any mac vs. pc crap just dont. I know already and i dont want ot hear it. I just need my question answered.
    Try to start the post in bit less condescending and hostile manner, and you will not get any mac vs pc crap. And even if you don't want to hear it... Mac is very poor choice as a gaming computer.

I would prefer responses from someone who either A. uses a mac and can base their information on their experience
    Not even Mac's TimeMachine can get into the future and get practical experience from computer that gets released (on paper) today.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Rad...M.43077.0.html

It is a notebook graphics card but it is quite powerful at that, if you do opt for the big graphics card and therefore the 27" imac then i would recommend the 2gb version over the 1gb due to the IMMENSE resolution.
    CPU: I7 920 Ram: 6 GB Corsair Dominator GT
    GFX: GTX 295 MB: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R
    HD: 40 GB Intel SSD & 1 TB Caviar Black
    Others: Chip PS2 - PS3 Slim - Xbox 360 Slim - Wii - PSP 2000

10+ Year Old Account
    6970m

Crysis 2 (2011)
    low:
    178.9 fps Compare
    med.:
    126.3 fps Compare
    high:
    96.8 fps Compare
    ultra:
    30.2 fps Compare

Black Ops
    low:
    76.7 fps Compare
    med.:
    67.3 fps Compare
    high:
    65.3 fps Compare
    ultra:
    61.9 74.5 ~ 68 fps Compare
    Sc2
    StarCraft 2
    StarCraft 2 (2010)
    low:
    178.7 fps Compare
    med.:
    66.1 fps Compare
    high:
    65.5 fps Compare
    ultra:
    58 58.6 ~ 58 fps Compare

Couldn't get any of the games you wanted. All the above results are the benchmarks from Notebookcheck.net
    http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Rad...M.43077.0.html

I only did the one card but just google "[name of card here] notebookcheck" and it should be the first result

Deleted
    The 6970M as far as I recall performs similarly to (typically just below) the GTX460 with 768mb VRAM, and above the AMD Radeon 5770. However the 27 inch iMac panel puts out nearly twice the amount of pixels compared to most machines and tests, so expect that framerate to drop to by nearly half.

Its not a terrible graphics card by any means - but at the resolution it needs to run its going to have problems running at top settings in many games. Typically a GTX460 would not be recommended for that resolution.

Keep in mind this assumes that you run in Windows. Expect even worse results in Mac OS native games.
    Last edited by mmoca371db5304; 2011-05-03 at 09:02 PM.

As a Mac user, I would have to ask - Why? If you use anything beyond a two-button mouse, you're currently screwed! 6 months, if Blizz gets off its butt and fixes that issue, then I'd go with a mac, but not RIGHT NOW...

iMac user here, with those games you've listed I think the new iMac would run it FINE. Ive got the 27" with only a shitty ATI Raedon 4850 and it can run BFBC2 fairly well, although the cooling system on these is just bullshit. I could cook my dinner with this thing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by olli576 View Post
    iMac user here, with those games you've listed I think the new iMac would run it FINE. Ive got the 27" with only a shitty ATI Raedon 4850 and it can run BFBC2 fairly well, although the cooling system on these is just bullshit. I could cook my dinner with this thing
    4850 even while old is probably better than the GPU's they had the stomach to put into the new imacs.

They put in mobility cards (known for being WEAK in comparison to desktop cards) in a frickin' stationary computer, that runs 2560 x 1440 pixels. It's a friggin' JOKE - That is how I felt when I read the specs. They just wanted fancier model numbers! And probably failed at finding good cooling solutions.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Apart from the Mac pro, apple doesn't have a real desktop computer, iMacs have always had laptop components.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    Apart from the Mac pro, apple doesn't have a real desktop computer, iMacs have always had laptop components.
    Actually they do, but they are CRAZY expensive! They can go up to around 18grand just for the desktop wheres you can buy the excact same specs for say around 3,500 on a normal windows comp

Deleted
    Actually they do, but they are CRAZY expensive! They can go up to around 18grand just for the desktop wheres you can buy the excact same specs for say around 3,500 on a normal windows comp
    Weeeelll if you are buying a business workstation like the Mac Pro (so Dell/HP), you're gonna be dropping round about the same amount on it. They are business workstations for a reason, and that's because they just don't die, which is why Dell/HP/Apple cost that much for them.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    That would be Mac pro and why I said "appart from the Mac pro"
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)