Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusades View Post
    I have a question, since the new dx changes in WoW, I got a new graphics card. I had a 9800gt then I recently purchased an EVGA 450 GTS. Now I went to switch to dx11 in game it said that it needed a client restart so I did so...then when I log back onto wow and check my settings it says that it's still on 9 =\

Does anyone have the answer for this?
    EDIT: Old news since someone already posted this same advice it seems, but here goes:

Since you seem to possibly have an NVIDIA card, try going into the NVIDIA Control Panel and disabling Ambient Occlusion for WoW. Usually it's on by default in the cards that support it, and it bugs out the DX setting in WoW, not enabling DX11 to stick. Worked for me at least with the same problem, and I run with a GTX480 card.
    Last edited by Nakkí; 2011-05-31 at 07:31 PM.
    Nakkiz of Memento <EU-Frostwhisper>

Is anyone haven't problems with errors when turning on Directx 11.. I get a memory error after a few seconds when I log into the game. I am running wow on a single GTX 580.. I have googled and researched and tried everything.I was just wandering if any of you guys had any suggestions, or had the problem and found a fix.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had some crashes regarding memory errors in DX11, but they seem to have gone away (or become very rare) after 4.2.
    Doubt the problem is specific to gtx580, just a general WoW-dx11-related problem.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Had problem when minimize wow and maximize while some programs is workin in same time on toolbar

I have to close it all then maximize WoW or it will freeze. GTX 560ti

I'll stay on dx9 , my fps is fine with ultra for all , so its not big deal to not use dx11

Tbh there is no real reason to run wow in DX11 at least for me i have a 5770 card i can run wow on all ultra with out shadows at solid 60 fps in raids.
    At 1920 x 1080p res and its pretty mutch the same in DX11 for me only that wow takes for ever to start up and you cant tab in and out of the game if you run it in full screen.
    With out the game going bonkers on me and the random memory wow errors so im just going to wait with running the game in DX11 for now at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RaZz0r View Post
    Tbh there is no real reason to run wow in DX11 at least for me i have a 5770 card i can run wow on all ultra with out shadows at solid 60 fps in raids.
    At 1920 x 1080p res and its pretty mutch the same in DX11 for me only that wow takes for ever to start up and you cant tab in and out of the game if you run it in full screen.
    With out the game going bonkers on me and the random memory wow errors so im just going to wait with running the game in DX11 for now at least.
    CPU?

messagetooshort

I have a AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 CPU OCD to 4Ghz

Quote Originally Posted by RaZz0r View Post
    Lying is bad.
    I have a Phenom II X4 955 at 4.2Ghz, Corsair XMS3 4GB DDR3 12800, 2x Samsung Spinpoint F3 500GB Raid 0 (SSD sequential read/write performance level) and a heavily OC'ed Sapphire HD6850 1000/1150 and playing at 1080p on a LED 21.5inch Screen, in no way in hell, with everything on Ultra but Shadows (Fair) I'm getting close to 60FPS during 25 Raid Combat. In 10Mans I do since theres not much happening but on 25? It dips easily to 25/30FPS.

Hey folks,

If you have the option to enable it in your WoW options, does that mean your video card can handle it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SylvanElf View Post
    Hey folks,

If you have the option to enable it in your WoW options, does that mean your video card can handle it?
    Nope, i was able to select it on my GTS250 aswell as on my GTX460. However the GTS250 is a DX10 card.

Quote Originally Posted by JrTM View Post
    Had problem when minimize wow and maximize while some programs is workin in same time on toolbar

I have to close it all then maximize WoW or it will freeze. GTX 560ti

I'll stay on dx9 , my fps is fine with ultra for all , so its not big deal to not use dx11
    Same card same problem

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ThewF View Post
    Best example

DirectX 11 was more about optimization and performance improvements of DirectX 10, so in reality just look at the differences between a game like Half-Life 2: Episode 2 and Crysis 2, HL2:Ep2 was created for DX9 and Crysis 2 was created using DirectX 10. Also you're not exactly going to notice a huge improvement in FPS, as an example I gained roughly 7 FPS on a 2500k / 6950 system, it's at most 10% - 15% for most people.
    Crysis 2 is a full DX9 game due to it being released on consoles aswell. Crysis warhead and the original crysis however have dx10 support. And I believe the VALVe Source Engine also has updated support for DX10 now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    Nope, i was able to select it on my GTS250 aswell as on my GTX460. However the GTS250 is a DX10 card.
    This is technically wrong. The DX11 API in WoW will work with DX10.1 capable cards, but at the expense of shader model 5.0. If the option is available, you can gain benefit from using it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz View Post
    This is technically wrong. The DX11 API in WoW will work with DX10.1 capable cards, but at the expense of shader model 5.0. If the option is available, you can gain benefit from using it.
    GTS 250 is 10.0 though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusades View Post
    I have a question, since the new dx changes in WoW, I got a new graphics card. I had a 9800gt then I recently purchased an EVGA 450 GTS. Now I went to switch to dx11 in game it said that it needed a client restart so I did so...then when I log back onto wow and check my settings it says that it's still on 9 =\

Does anyone have the answer for this?
    Got the same problem whit Win 7 64bit.
    But it only reset to DX9 maby every 1/10 times i start the game.
    And i notis it by most of the effects are gone in the login screen, even deathwings wings

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dathraz View Post
    Got the same problem whit Win 7 64bit.
    But it only reset to DX9 maby every 1/10 times i start the game.
    And i notis it by most of the effects are gone in the login screen, even deathwings wings
    Pretty sure the solution to your problem was mentinioned multiple times in this thread

Deleted
    Change ur shortcut and config file to read only

Deleted
    And look at it this way, DX9 is years old, DX11 is 'fresh'. Why would you want to stick to the past if you can join us here in the current.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    GTS 250 is 10.0 though.
    That's interesting then. I wonder if there's some portion of the DX11 API that a 10.0 card can use. I don't remember anything being said about it, though.

HI,

I have just bought a new Laptop to play wow on, when i was using DX9, it was saying i could not run sunshafts or high liquid detail, but swapping to DX11 let me put both to highest settings and increased my FPS by around 10, and the game looks amazing.

Cheers
    Manse