State of the Game: Day9, Idra and friends (starcraft 2)

Watch State of the Game (live now) for Starcraft discussion with Day9, Incontrol, Idra, LiquidTyler, and Machine!

http://www.justin.tv/itmejp#/w/1160365808

if your interested in starcraft, we need 4k more viewers and Idra will stream live games with commentation (basically free advice and tips from a pro)

15+ Year Old Account
    I love State of the Game.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    I love State of the Game.
    Its all Idra, he makes it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yooya View Post
    Its all Idra, he makes it.
    No way, it's totally Geoff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iSb5-X_2do is the greatest thing ever.

Idra, talking about how the game is unbalanced:
    "When was the last time you saw Zerg win anything?!"
    ...He just won IGN, as Zerg, less than a week ago.

His argument for why that isn't meaningful?
    He was just better than everyone else, so it doesn't count.

Seriously. I facepalmed when he said that. Day9 tried to argue with him, but he just got talked over (I mean, he wasn't articulating his thoughts very well, but, you could get the jist of what he was trying to say). Ridiculous, and the reason I don't like SOTG very much.

15+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I think Tyler summed it up pretty well though.

The problem with the game is that it is a little too volatile and that risky play is rewarded.

Zergs started using Queens a month ago after 13 years in BW ZvT. It's not even been a year since SC2 has been released, there's so many possibilities left. I have to agree with Shaun. :\

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wekapedia View Post
    Shaun. :\
    Sean.

But it's true, things will change, and Day's point is actually a well recognized game theory.

Quote Originally Posted by ixirawr View Post

Seriously. I facepalmed when he said that. Day9 tried to argue with him, but he just got talked over (I mean, he wasn't articulating his thoughts very well, but, you could get the jist of what he was trying to say). Ridiculous, and the reason I don't like SOTG very much.
    To be honest, IGN didn't include very good players, so I completely understand Idra's point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ixirawr View Post

The first 2 GSL seasons were won by a Zerg player and the latest by a Protoss, it's Terran who haven't been winning anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    The first 2 GSL seasons were won by a Zerg player and the latest by a Protoss, it's Terran who haven't been winning anything.
    Except you know for the two championships IMMVP has won, and the three championships MarineKing.Prime has been runner up in.

Not to mention the game is drastically different from the first two seasons of GSL. As far as Starcraft is concerned that was a long time ago.

It is borderline ridiculous right now. Playing Protoss, in Masters, has never been easier as the current trend for -all- Zerg players is just to all in. You don't need to prepare for anything else, and the rare time they try to play a macro game, you hit a one base timing that can end the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yooya View Post
    Except you know for the two championships IMMVP has won, and the three championships MarineKing.Prime has been runner up in.

Not to mention the game is drastically different from the first two seasons of GSL. As far as Starcraft is concerned that was a long time ago.

It is borderline ridiculous right now. Playing Protoss, in Masters, has never been easier as the current trend for -all- Zerg players is just to all in. You don't need to prepare for anything else, and in the rare situation they try to play a macro game, you hit a one base timing that can end the game.
    I see your point but I wouldn't consider runner-up as winning

Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    Of the major tournaments the past year, there's more terran champions than zerg champions if you'd like to get picky about it.
    6 zergs, 8 protoss and 10 terrans.
    Yeah, haven't been winning anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Wekapedia View Post
    Zergs started using Queens a month ago after 13 years in BW ZvT. It's not even been a year since SC2 has been released, there's so many possibilities left. I have to agree with Shaun. :\
    If the games were very similar I'd probably agree, but SC2 is far different from BW, the overall RTS understanding has gotten better because of 12 years of BW, a lot of the things that made BW metagame change often isn't present in SC2 so I don't even think it's fair to compare it with BW.
    (And honestly, what contributed most to BW's success was the awesome bugs, korean mapmakers and terrible unit-AI.)
    Last edited by Ighox; 2011-05-04 at 11:40 PM.