Deleted

Guild experience and reputation way easier to gain now

So, with the recent change in 4.1, for me and my guild, the way we dealt with the daily guild experience cap and the weekly reputation has changed dramatically.

We've changed a guild with a pack of friends, got a level 11 guild from someone on Trade, got it renamed by a GM. We thought it was gonna be hard to level it up, so we started to recruit Socials, etc., just everyone around.

Four days ago we went to the arenas with my brother, I don't PvP at all, so I had and have no PvP gear still, but whatever. What we've got to see was: One Arena victory equals 4 or 5% guild experience to the daily cap. Amazing, 20 arena wins and you're done?

Bah, not to add, that with the +rep tabard and as a human I get about 10% weekly reputation per win...

So, what do you people think? Is 5% exp per one arena win too much? Has Blizzard exaggerated?
    I know I shouldn't complain, it's all good for me and my guild, but... I just can't believe it's the way it is!

Sorry if it's been posted before, didnt have time to visit mmo champ.

Deleted
    Not for the PvPers. It was very hard to get the cap for those people. Rated BGs and Arena is the only way to gain rep for those who prefer PvP over PvE, killing enemies (HKs) doesn't give any rep (I know patch notes say different, but atleast I got 0 rep when I did a couple of BGs this week).
    I believe it is also better for social players or for those who changed guild when completing every Cataclysm queest.
    I don't think it is a bad change, but yes, the win / arena seems a lot. I still believe it was better to make rep increase with each Honorable Kill.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's good. It's meant to be good.

Guilds need to be leveling faster now that the first round guilds are hitting 25.

Quote Originally Posted by Aturbus View Post
    Not for the PvPers. It was very hard to get the cap for those people. Rated BGs and Arena is the only way to gain rep for those who prefer PvP over PvE, killing enemies (HKs) doesn't give any rep (I know patch notes say different, but atleast I got 0 rep when I did a couple of BGs this week).
    I believe it is also better for social players or for those who changed guild when completing every Cataclysm queest.
    I don't think it is a bad change, but yes, the win / arena seems a lot. I still believe it was better to make rep increase with each Honorable Kill.
    I'm a little late to this post but someone linked to it on WoW Insider so I thought I'd chime in.

Since I do not raid, this is the best way for me to get guild rep. My guildies raid on a schedule and they are rarely playing the game outside of that, probably due to being a little burned out or something. Hell, it is hard to have enough people on to do a guild heroic with me, not even the minimum 3 that is needed.

For people like me, the arena option is pretty much the only way to get guild rep on a consistent basis outside of grinding regular quests and dailies.
    Opulence. I has it.

Deleted
    honor kills only give rep and EXP outside of BG's and arena's.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    honor kills only give rep and EXP outside of BG's and arena's.
    True, but it is the Arena and RBG wins that give guild rep.
    Opulence. I has it.