[Movies] The Bourne indentity (one of thr greatest movies ever )

This movie has everything from a great suspenseful beginning to a climatic ending ...you cannot ask for more from these movies and franchise ...this is some of the best that western film making has to offer.

They're making a fourth movie

I think you could ask for a cameraman that doesn't balance the camera on his head while running during an earthquake.

Own all 3 of them, watched them just the other night again. They are incredibly well made movies, I enjoy them all it would be near impossible to pick a favorite. The end of 3 was probably one of my top favorite acts out of all of them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    Really?
    Yeah but not with Matt Damon though, some other actor. It also wont be a part of the trilogy, it's a seperate story i think.

Quote Originally Posted by High Graviton View Post
    this is some of the best that western film making has to offer.
    Words cannot express the despair I feel for humanity at this moment in time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    The trilogy is nice, but the ending is horrible, horrible, horrible... horrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're good films, but I wouldn't go as far as claiming they're among the best ever. Of course, this is a matter of personal taste, and if you enjoyed them so much I'm cool with it. They are quite entertaining. But if I may be so bold, I'd recommend watching, for example, The Shawshank redemption, Braveheart, American history X.
    I'm not trying to demean your taste in movies. I find Pitch black/Chronicles of Riddick fantastic films, and I thoroughly enjoy them every time I see them. But apart from being very amusing, they're not so amazing to be put on a pedestal.

Quote Originally Posted by Silmariella View Post
    They're good films, but I wouldn't go as far as claiming they're among the best ever. Of course, this is a matter of personal taste, and if you enjoyed them so much I'm cool with it. They are quite entertaining. But if I may be so bold, I'd recommend watching, for example, The Shawshank redemption, Braveheart, American history X.
    I'm not trying to demean your taste in movies. I find Pitch black/Chronicles of Riddick fantastic films, and I thoroughly enjoy them every time I see them. But apart from being very amusing, they're not so amazing to be put on a pedestal.
    I would say they are the best movie for their times, but not all times. (2005-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by Ragstheposter View Post
    I think you could ask for a cameraman that doesn't balance the camera on his head while running during an earthquake.
    Hahaha, made my day. I totally agree as well.

The movie was okay, nothing spectacular imo. Then again I was watching it with really low sound (was past midnight and my folks wouldn't have appreciated the gunshots..) so I missed a lot of the storyline, shame really.

Quote Originally Posted by Silmariella View Post
    I find Pitch black/Chronicles of Riddick fantastic films
    Im the same, although i know there really is not anything special about them i just love the setting and the characters, a complete guilty pleasure :x

As for the borne identity, im not sure why i never really got into them. I remember everyone else simply loved them but i didn't see the draw. Although i think this is more likely because i have never truely watched them only half viewed, playing wow with it on next to me or something similar for example.

The books were better. Mainly because there was no overabundance of shakeycam in the books.

Deleted
    Too bad Matt Damon ruins it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the Bourne trilogy is really good and without them, the Daniel Craig Bond movies wouldn't have been as good as they ended up to be. Making a realistic and gritty spy movie is something the Bourne movies did right and it's obvious other filmmakers are emulating that same storytelling style in their film to try to recreate the success that was achieved.

As for the fourth movie, yes it is planned, it will be loosely based of The Bourne Legacy written by Eric Van Lustbader and will not start Matt Damon instead focusing on a new spy in a more sinister program that rivals Treadstone. We'll see how that turns out I guess.

I actually agree with the OP, but only the first movie though. The first one, is some of the best shit I have ever seen, no matter what genre we are talking about. It's just, so nicely made. And no, I am not one of those who thinks that special effects or non-stop action is more important than story. The other movies were disappointing
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

15+ Year Old Account
    No.

This movie sucked.

If you think the movie was "the greatest thing since sliced bread", read the books. The movie doesn't even have the main antagonist...They were cool because Bourne kicks ass, but they were so far off the books it's not even worth trying to think of a joke about

Read the booooooooks!
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right