After buying a new Laptop

i would like help please on finding a decent laptop, capable of running wow.
    I should probably note im from the UK and im after an intel chip rather than an amd.
    I am on a budget sub £300 would be awesome but £400 is my limit
    also i dont mind if its a refurb, other than that a webcam and decent speakers would be desirable as i will be watching movies onit.
    thanx brak

15+ Year Old Account
    For this budget you will get a new laptop that can barely run wow (C2D or first gen i3, entry level video card). But if you want to "enjoy" playing wow, then you should aim for a middle class video card and maybe an i5 (but that one is not that important, because it is only a little bit faster). Obviously you won't get a new one with these specs for sub 400, but some stores sell barely used laptops for up to 100,- less than the original price. You just have to keep your eyes open.

P.S.:
    I work at a computer store, and sometimes there are pretty sweet deals with such barely-used laptops. Take for example the Acer Aspire One 522 (that is the one with the AMD C-50 cpu). At the time, this netbook was released just about 2-3 weeks earlier and the price was 299 € (in germany, still costs 289,- now). It looked like we got some units returned inside the 14-day period (you get when you shop online) and re-sold them for 199-219 € (can' remember the exact price). That's a 25-33% discount for a 2 weeks old, perfectly fine netbook.
    Obviously, that was a very good deal. And most of the time, the discount is not that high, but 10-20% is pretty normal for such return units.
    Why do something simple, when there is a complicated way?
    Ryzen 7 2700X | BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 | 16GB DDR4-3200 | MSI X470 Gaming Pro | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G | 500GB / 750GB Crucial SSD
    Fractal Define C | LG 32UK550 | Das Model S Professional Silent | CM Storm Xornet

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    My new E-350 netbook can handle WoW surprisingly well, for the record. Much better than low end i3's with an IGP or Atoms.
    red panda red panda red panda!

Last edited by brak; 2011-05-04 at 09:27 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by brak View Post
    WoW will barely run on either of those. Maybe with everything on the lowest setting.

i know its amd but it does have a dedicated gfx card how is this one compared to the others?

http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/Samsung_R525_987270.html