Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

[Sign-up] The Academy - Interest?

alright so this is an idea that's been sittin around in my noggin for a couple days now... A roleplay set in Dalaran, post-cataclysm, where the majority of the people participating are students. A couple of the veterans of this forum could play as professors, who teach the students magical theory, how certain spells and types of magic work, controlled combat, that sort of thing. It may be great practice and a fun learning experience for those in our community who haven't had that much experience fighting against other roleplayers or if they aren't sure how spellcasting would work. Even if they don't need the experience, a roleplay is a roleplay, right?

So would this be something that would interest you guys, or would you prefer other threads? :P

Yeah this sounds pretty awesome. I dont know if my character (Feanor) fits because he is all cloak and dagger, even though he is part of the Kirin Tor.

This. Is. Perfect. Azimuth would be a perfect instructor, and he's so fun to RP with

You need a shaman instructor of some sorts too, since this magic works completely different. Garom would like to hold a guest lecture

We have something like this on Moon Guard.

This sounds great. I'll join in on Valeth, teaching Fire Magics. More of a Destruction Warlock/Fire Mage orientated form of learning.

So we have a lector for fire magic and arcane magic and I assume one of you may also teach ice magics. Morzath is partly a priest so we have an instructor for divine magic. Garom will teach shamanistic magic, so all we Lack is a druid trainer right?

Well the vets obviously want to try and implement this, but how about people who are new? Any opinions about this?

I'd like to get a green light from everyone before I start it up.

Tbh, I think a lore teacher would be great, you know like an ancient or something. Might be a bit misplaced in this RP but I think that newer RP'ers could use it as a base to start learning combat etiquette as well as learning some basic lore about other races.

I may be wrong and this might be more help in a different thread but thats my opinion. None of my characters would really be suited for an academy roleplay and I myself am not sure exactly how its done. But I am willing to learn and will probably bring in Justwatcher or make an entirely new RP character, not quite sure yet.
    RP characters are as follows, both will blow your mind, I hope:
    (>'.')> Dharren Ironarm (<'.'<)
    _-|-_ Cythan Justwatcher _-|-_

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevok345 View Post
    Tbh, I think a lore teacher would be great, you know like an ancient or something. Might be a bit misplaced in this RP but I think that newer RP'ers could use it as a base to start learning combat etiquette as well as learning some basic lore about other races.

I may be wrong and this might be more help in a different thread but thats my opinion. None of my characters would really be suited for an academy roleplay and I myself am not sure exactly how its done. But I am willing to learn and will probably bring in Justwatcher or make an entirely new RP character, not quite sure yet.
    Well I DID say in the OP that it would be a way to have some controlled combat, IE, teaching people how to fight in an RP appropriately.

As for a lore teacher.. eh, that's a lot to cover, and I'd prefer to keep this in one specific area. Lore can be looked up, while a style of roleplay is something you have to be taught, mostly.

And in terms of characters, this would be an open RP, therefore you wouldn't need a character bio to join in. The teachers probably would need a bio, and we've pretty much got all of them at this point, so there's no worries.

I'd like to join up ^_^

I can participate as either Lector or the helpful student. Either works for me!
    Last edited by Saerwen; 2011-04-18 at 06:29 AM.

Wait, if there's controlled combat wouldn't that mean you'd need some sort of warrior to be a combat instructor?

Quote Originally Posted by Aramore View Post
    Wait, if there's controlled combat wouldn't that mean you'd need some sort of warrior to be a combat instructor?
    Yeah that might be good. As well we would need a caster (IE Morzy) to keep control of spellcasting combat

I'll bring Morrowdawn as a combat instructor then unless there's anyone else that really wants to do it.

Would be nice to have a spell breaker too for extra protection but I don't think anyone has one.

Quote Originally Posted by Aramore View Post
    Would be nice to have a spell breaker too for extra protection but I don't think anyone has one.
    I actually have an unfinished High Elf Spell Breaker bio, but I need to finish off my Green Dragon first.

Anyhow, Valeth has some melée expertise, but I may rewrite his bio and scrap that entire concept.

I may bring Khorianas for both the Divine Magic and Combat training, but as the veterans may know his Divine magic is a bit special, so I don't know if it would be ideal.

Would be fun to join, but my character would maybe not be suited to be an instructor and the new one i am currently working on would probably not be done in the time this rp starts as i am working slowly since i am kinda stuck on it atm.
    I have participated in the roleplay invasion from 15-16 may 2010 as EVC

I would more or less be the ancient wisdom behind the whole thing and the arcane instructor, although I have delved into most magics, save shadow and light. I can be an instructor of those who wish to be more a mage, and solely a mage class.

Oh, and if we require a more darker, hidden shadow sect, Valeth can help out there. When not lecturing on destructive fire, he can teach warlock magics in secret.

We've got a bazillion lecturers... do we actually have any students?