The Auction House Broke?

Since 4.1 hit, the auction house has been doing some very weird things and other people in my guild have been getting this as well.

Lets say you enter "Embersilk Cloth" to search for. It will just sit there forever and fail to search.
    -You either have to search for something else, then go back.
    -Switch to a different auctioneer
    -Keep pressing search hoping you get results

Is anyone else having this issue?

I AM running Auctioneer and that is having an issue as well as far as mass posting things go, but i have disabled auctioneer and am still having this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by heyiamdan View Post
    Since 4.1 hit, the auction house has been doing some very weird things and other people in my guild have been getting this as well.

Lets say you enter "Embersilk Cloth" to search for. It will just sit there forever and fail to search.
    -You either have to search for something else, then go back.
    -Switch to a different auctioneer
    -Keep pressing search hoping you get results

Is anyone else having this issue?

I AM running Auctioneer and that is having an issue as well as far as mass posting things go, but i have disabled auctioneer and am still having this issue.
    I'm running Auctionator and don't get those issues. Perhaps it is just Auctioneer and even with it 'off' it still leaves something behind that's messing with the AH. Or, it's another addon altogether.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oajng View Post
    This is the way I see it. Everyone has human rights, and should respect everyone else's human rights. If you consciously hurt anyone you concede your human rights from what you have done. Think of it like pvp flagging.
    I find it so hilarious when people take pure neutrality and a flat tone as anger, hate, or rage.

For some reason when you open the auction house sometimes the window is staying open but its closing out the server interface, you can verify this by looking at the potrait in the upper left corner. If there is no picture there, just close down the window and re-open it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I ahd the same issue, its to do with an addon failing to "retrieve item information" or the seller and it will only very reluctantly show you an item which if you mouse over, has the dreaded red text, and no seller name - both rendering the item impossible to buy/sell as it's unidentified. It's due to another outdated addon or a cock up in the coding of a functional one. Clear your cache and try agian, then begin cycling addons one by one to find out which one's the sore thumb.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

I'm having the same exact issue with Auctioneer but I get around it by searching for something, closing the AH window, then hitting search again, and everything else works completely like normal after that.

---------- Post added 2011-05-04 at 11:37 AM ----------

Actually I just fixed this outright by going to http://auctioneeraddon.com/dl/ and grabbing the 5.11 Preview that was released yesterday, huzzah.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm having the same exact issue. I get no errors nor anything. Just Auctioneer that sits there 'searching' for ever. :/

Anyone know what the problem is yet? I uninstalled and re-installed the Auctioneer suite and still the same.

Deleted
    This bug is not new, though it was fixed for a while. 1-2 months before cata hitted same thing was going on

Disable Enchantrix, it fixed the issue for me.

Deleted
    even without the fix, the ah will work normally for me every time after the first after log-in.

Quit using AH addons and haven't had a problem with the AH since.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanctioned View Post
    Quit using AH addons and haven't had a problem with the AH since.
    Never had problems with addons exept for this simple one, and couldn't be bothered to 2click every buyout. Just bought 250 single hardened elementium bars (because they were cheap) which would have taken ages if I hadn't had auctioneer or similar.

For me it hangs on searching every time i do my first search, if i exit the auction window and go back into it and hit search again it works just fine. Dealing with it for now since I'd be lost without Auctioneer.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    If you use Auctioneer, there is an issue the devs are working on. Below is the fix until they release a new version.

From the Curse.com comments:

"Folks,

As previously noted:

We are are finalizing things regarding 4.1, which contains some changes surely not included in Blizzard's release notes. Until the release is ready, you just need to set a couple things:

- Click "Configure" at the top of the Browse, Post, or Appraiser frame, select the entry related to Utilities, pick AHWindowControl from the list, and then select the entry that sets the frame protection to always/on.

- Some have found that disabling the network throttling/"enhancement" under the main WoW options has also helped them.

- Open the AH frame, starting a scan, halt it, and then reopen the AH until you end up with the Auctioneer's picture in the upper left of the AH frame.

After that, the only thing that we know will not work with 5.10 is the Barker portion of Enchantrix, so you can disable it for the time being- also, the AskPrice submodule will not work to respond to requests from guildies automatically. Realize that is a bit to digest, but that is the state of things at the moment.

A TOC-updated version, with fixes to these issues will be out as soon as it is ready, so keep an eye on http://AuctioneerAddOn.Com/dl/#release and look for the "new" 5.11.

Happy Sales,

Nikk"
    Last edited by Eddiedean; 2011-05-04 at 10:39 PM.

Why do people post "does anyone have a solution" after a solution has been found.

Try the 5.11 Preview.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator