10+ Year Old Account

8/13 HM. Where next?

Hello. My guild just reached 8/13HM on progression and I was wondering if you guys can offer some assistance on what boss we should be clearing. We are a 10 man guild so our raid comp switches all the time.

We killed: Halfus, Valiona, Conclave, Magmaw, Omnitron Defense, Atramades, Maloriak and Chimearon.

Thanks .

PS. My GM is thinking of doing the Council encounter on heroic so I thought it was a bit strange.

nef or cho'gall

Deleted
    I'd suggest nef as he's easier than cho'gall

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely nef, he's not too bad and you get a cool title, after nef,definitely do heroic alakir. he's not too bad either.

then i would recommend cho'gall, then sinestra/council

Deleted
    Nef is very easy once you have the gear - the tactics are not much different from normal, nor are there many additional elements. Just much, much more damage to deal and to deal with.

10man? Al'akir.

On 10, he's miles away the easiest 9th boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    10man? Al'akir.

On 10, he's miles away the easiest 9th boss.

Right, which is why he should kill nef THEN alakir. : P

10+ Year Old Account
    As previously stated Nef is definitely where to go. However in a 10 man Ascendant Council will be easier then Cho'gall for your 10th kill.

Deleted
    Basically it doesnt matter where you go, all 4 should be more then possible to kill with a 10man group. It's mainly up to where people wanna go first, which will most probably be Nef or Al'Akir since there's a nice title to be gained.

Deleted
    After 3 months banging the head against the wall because of roster problems, we decided to give cho'gall a try after a massive guild recruitment. We killed Cho'gall 25man heroic with around 14 hours spend in total, and the day after killing him we went for Al'akir in a 10man group, and killed him with only 6 tries spend (best try a kill, 2nd best 65%~). Yesterday had some good tries on Sinestra, but we will go for Nef asap once we have healers for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    We did Al'Akir as the 9th. Doing Nef as 10th. I personally would not recommend Chogall next(although I've seen guilds do it) or Council(loot for effort isn't on par with the other available options).

We did Al'Akir as 9, working on Nef for 10th. In the grand scheme of things, our Nef kill will take less time then our Al'Akir kill, but we had a couple of vacations to deal with.
    Prot pally - Perki - Shadowmoon - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...perki/advanced

Retired rogue - Iamstrykerr - Shadowmoon

We did Al'Akir as 9th and are going to be working on Nef this week. We regret the decision to push Al'Akir; he took us forever. One semi-weak link makes Al'Akir pretty much impossible.

The design of the fight and how tight everything is makes him a nightmare; I really don't think many other bosses compare to how horrible Al'Akir can be. Sure, the other bosses are more difficult in other ways, but Al'Akir feels like the worst boss we'll face since Sinestra. We went through 3 different Holy paladins on that boss. =\

10+ Year Old Account
    Council is probably the hardest heroic encounter available on 25m (Yes, really).

I'd go in this order:

Nefarian
    Al'akir
    Cho'gall
    Sinestra
    Ascendant Council

On 10m:

Nefarian
    Al'akir
    Ascendant Council
    Cho'gall
    Sinestra

Are you sure that Ascendant Council is the hardest Heroic in 10 man? In 25 man they're the toughest, but I heard that in 10 man they're arguably easier than Cho'gall.

Our 10m guild is 8/13 and we're working on Al'akir at the moment. You're to the point where hardmodes actually start to get kinda serious. There is so much damage that goes out in that fight, but if you have the right heals and people know when and how to move, you'll be okay.

Deleted
    Well we did nefarian after V+T, and then chogall, sinestra, on alakir 25 man atm. That was before the nerf to chogall though (15% may not sound like a lot, but it make a huge difference). I think chogall may be as easy as nef now tbh. You definitly shouldnt do council yet, we are saving it for last

Edit: Didnt notice you were a 10 man guild, do Alakir, it's a piece of cake on 10 man if you have classes that can reset stacks.
    Last edited by mmocd2f7e4e79d; 2011-05-04 at 11:21 PM.

Cho'gall is much easyer since the aoe have been buffed.
    Before 4.1 I'd say nef but now you could do cho'gall, the 15% nurf isn't really relevent, what is relevent is that all your aoe do twice more aoe. (so it's basicly 60% nurf on oozes), he's much less intensive on healer mana. (nef is quite mana intensive sometime).
    But it's up to you... something for sure, al'akir should be the last (before sinestra.. and still... u can do it after sinestra..) so after nef n cho'gall u do the council and finally sinestra.