Thread: [Book] Eragon

10+ Year Old Account

[Book] Eragon

So with the release date for the fourth book coming out as sept 8 and the title Inheritance what do you guys think about this series and how will it be rapped up?
    also:are we waiting too long for this book?

Three years isn't really all that long to wait for a book. Trust me, they take a long time to write. And then you have to go through publishing and the likes. I'd rather have a delayed book than a rushed one, at any rate.

I have some general ideas of how it can be wrapped up, most of them revolving around true names. As it stands right now, King Galbatorix is still far stronger than Eragon. If, however, Eragon could figure out Galbatorix' true name...

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a fan of this series (only read the first book), but I think I was out of its target age group when I read it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MushroomBomb View Post
    Three years isn't really all that long to wait for a book. Trust me, they take a long time to write. And then you have to go through publishing and the likes. I'd rather have a delayed book than a rushed one, at any rate.

I have some general ideas of how it can be wrapped up, most of them revolving around true names. As it stands right now, King Galbatorix is still far stronger than Eragon. If, however, Eragon could figure out Galbatorix' true name...
    that would work but didn't galb cast a spell that kills whoever uses his true name?

15+ Year Old Account
    I expect a Jedi-Knight-like deus ex.
    If you've played that game and know what the Valley of the Jedi is, then you'll know what will happen with Eragon.
    It's even been foretold in the first book :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arel00 View Post
    I expect a Jedi-Knight-like deus ex.
    If you've played that game and know what the Valley of the Jedi is, then you'll know what will happen with Eragon.
    It's even been foretold in the first book :P
    I have no idea what your talking about...

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Failmuffins View Post
    I'm not a fan of this series (only read the first book), but I think I was out of its target age group when I read it.
    Kinda the feeling I got too. Just like trying to read narnia books. Kind of feels like you're being talked down too

Death improves everyone's reputation...

I really enjoyed the other 3 books. Sadly, with my memory, I have to read them all before picking up the forth or I get confused too easily if I forgot some detail. So, when this book comes out, I've got to read all 4 at once so I will understand it. XD

I'll be picking it up the day of release and taking a day off everything to sit on my ass and read.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    First book sux and movies cusk too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HoX View Post
    First book sux and movies cusk too.
    ok I think everyone agrees that the movie sucks balls,but the books are like the best books I have read in ages

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    I have no idea what your talking about...
    This game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arel00 View Post
    I just realized I have that game.../facepalm.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    I really enjoyed the other 3 books. Sadly, with my memory, I have to read them all before picking up the forth or I get confused too easily if I forgot some detail. So, when this book comes out, I've got to read all 4 at once so I will understand it. XD

I'll be picking it up the day of release and taking a day off everything to sit on my ass and read.
    couldn't agree more =)

Read the first and second when the movie came out, then i read the first and the second again, so that i could start on the third, and now i've got to readall 4 soon. Can't wait x)
    Quote Originally Posted by Emothianes View Post
    Omg dude vanilla was so awesome because I was awesome and other people weren't awesome and it made me happy to be special because it was so awesome and I was happy.
    Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    I just realized I have that game.../facepalm.
    Then you're just about to figure what happens with Eragon. Unless I miss my guess of course, but I have the feeling I'm not going to.

Eragon... I will read it, but I've realized the inheritance cycle isn't such good books.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eragon is finally gonna tap that elf chick that he has been eyeballing for 3 books. unless this already happened in the third book, its been a while since iv read it