Patch 4.2, Optimal Gearing (Wait for Vicious vs Bloodthirsty now)

So much as the topic says, I am about to hit level cap on my rogue alt pvp character and I am trying to decide the best way to spend my honor points intelligently. I have been doing PvP while leveling (horde queues allow me to quest significantly) so I have 4k honor stacked up already.

My plan was to just buy the crafted leather pieces and spend my initial honor purchases on the offset pieces, but I am thinking I would be better off shelving my rogue at 4k honor until 4.2 hits so I can just start buying Vicious right away. Perhaps in the meantime stack up 4k justice points as well to have 8k honor at season start.

I am guessing the patch will be on the PTR for a month and a half maybe two before it ships, (long arena season). What do you guys think about just waiting and starting out with vicious as opposed to playing some now and buying bloodthirsty? Bear in mind this is an alt so it won't hurt me to not play him for a few months while I wait. It will just give me time to level my druid!

4.2 is probably at least a month away. I would spend your HP, my rogue hit 85 just over a week ago and she is almost already full Bloodthirsty with Vicious weapons. Honor at the moment is a lot easier to get, I would gear up if I were you - you might even have to re-stockpile 4k honor before the patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    So much as the topic says, I am about to hit level cap on my rogue alt pvp character and I am trying to decide the best way to spend my honor points intelligently. I have been doing PvP while leveling (horde queues allow me to quest significantly) so I have 4k honor stacked up already.

My plan was to just buy the crafted leather pieces and spend my initial honor purchases on the offset pieces, but I am thinking I would be better off shelving my rogue at 4k honor until 4.2 hits so I can just start buying Vicious right away. Perhaps in the meantime stack up 4k justice points as well to have 8k honor at season start.

I am guessing the patch will be on the PTR for a month and a half maybe two before it ships, (long arena season). What do you guys think about just waiting and starting out with vicious as opposed to playing some now and buying bloodthirsty? Bear in mind this is an alt so it won't hurt me to not play him for a few months while I wait. It will just give me time to level my druid!
    It really depends on how much you plan on PvP'ing with your Rogue between now and Patch 4.2. Honor gain has been doubled, and I can find myself hitting the 4,000 Honor cap 2-3 times a day.

• If you play the Rogue, I'd recommend you go ahead and spend the honor. Don't waste money gemming/enchanting, but the base resil will allow you to have more fun.
    • If you don't play the Rogue, just shelf him and save the Honor points. Also, 4,000 Justice Points doesn't equal 4,000 Honor Points. The conversion rate is 350 Justice Points for 250 Honor points, and vice versa.

Can't really make this decision for you as I said earlier, it just depends on how often you plan on PvP'ing with the Rogue until Patch 4.2.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    level the druid then you can have 2 toons that are ready to start gearing into vicious, imo.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Deleted
    buy one item and then re-cap yourself if you really want that cap ready and jsut keep buying a new item each time you get 3950+ so you don't lsoe any honor over cap, aditionaly... do random instances and use the valor to buy conquest so your started pvp gear is the epic stuf while you an leave honor caped at 4k

Thanks guys, I think you are all actually right in one way or another. I think my plan will be to play the rogue till I get my first win each day and Tol Barad when I am on and level the druid otherwise. That way I can pick up some pieces slowly. I have also noticed that honor comes fast and furious now, on my DK and War when I play them to just have fun in BGs I get capped so quickly I have started buying the herb pouches since I have nothing else to buy for them.

Also, thanks for the heads up on the justice to honor conversion. 2750 honor is still better than nothing!

I get honor capped every other day.
    So spend it now, farm it on weekends. If 4.2 is that tuesday then dont spend it.

after you got all the gear you need. use to by enchanting mats and stuff. and use it enchant you stuff once 4.2 hits

Deleted
    4.2 could be anywhere from 1 to 3 months away. Don't wait on it.

You can easily get full Bloodthirsty by going all out on a AV weekend. Honor comes really quickly since 4.1 especially if you do the occasional Tol'Barad.

If you play the Rogue enough, you'll easily be able to cap yourself before 4.2