Thread: PTR Issues

15+ Year Old Account

PTR Issues

Firstly I am aware this is not a Blizzard technical support forum, however I am impatient and the MMO-Champion community is normally quicker at responding then the Battle.net one.

I'm trying to log the PTR (I'm not even sure if it's currently working, the problem however still applies)

When I try installing the PTR it tells me I need a version of WoW before 4.0.0.xxxx Obviously, I currently have 4.1.xxxx, therefore I cannot install the PTR launcher.

When attempting to access the PTR through the general WoW launcher in the Public Test options, I go to play, it tells me a new patch needs to be installed but then tells me my installation is damaged and to run repair.

I've run WoW repair 3 times now and it hasn't fixed the problem. I don't even have a Public Test folder anywhere on my computer. I've tried opening WoW as Administrator through Wow.exe, Launcher.exe and a Desktop/Start Menu WoW Shortcut. All still give the same outcome.

Any advice, other then a reinstallation? I really cba with that right now!

1) PTR is still offline, you cannot play on it.
    2) Wait for the new PTR Installer, which will probably be released once 4.2 PTRs go online. The current one is still for the 4.1 PTR.
    3) PTRs will probably go online today or tomorrow or early next week.
    4) Don't reinstall or try repair again, it's a waste of time.
    Last edited by Kaesebrezen; 2011-05-04 at 10:57 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    As I said, I wasn't sure whether the PTR was online or not, the problem still exists.

There is also no PTR Launcher that I am aware off, it is integrated into the normal launcher now and is updated just like patches are.

10+ Year Old Account
    I launch my ptr from the ptr folder now, the live wow to ptr launcher button wont work anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Malefic View Post
    There is also no PTR Launcher that I am aware off, it is integrated into the normal launcher now and is updated just like patches are.
    I don't see a problem. There is no 4.2 PTR installer, just the 4.1 one, which you cannot use on a 4.1 Live installation.
    Once 4.2 goes live, Download the new installer, which should require 4.1.XXX instead of 4.0.0.XXX