Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...

City of Heroes was my first love.

City of Heroes. Good times.

Everquest... (Solusek day 1 > Kane Bayle > Stromm) 1999... man.

Runescape - EQ2 - Various f2ps - Aion - WoW

Everquest for playstation 2 lol then i started playing wow and now wow & LoL

runescape. played that one forever. Still get back on occasionally for updates.

Quote Originally Posted by nyhcjedi View Post
    No offense but how can an open world mmo based around free for all pvp have less freedom then a highly controlled and regulated mmo, with 2 factions and tons of rules as to how to do this and how to do that like wow?
    well in l2 you were limited in your movement because you have point to click style controls. you can also not jump in lineage 2 and you also can not interact with the environment like in wow. also you have tons of non-mob killing activities in wow, but in lineage 2 90% of everything revoles around mobs and grind.

so yeah, more freedom in world of warcraft

Everquest was the first MMO I ever saw and played. Started that when I was about 10 I believe. Then hopped from that to EQ2 then over to WoW and have tried Guild Wars and Rift. Although WoW is by far my favorite MMO I have played so far, Everquest was a much more wondrous experience. Although I feel like the only reason for that is because I was very young and I didn't have any idea how any of it worked. But nothing is more epic than the first time I saw Ragnaros spawned in MC during a raid. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taros View Post
    Ultima Online, first and best.

Ah good old UO. Many great time were had on the Europa shard. Much Role-Playing , player run towns , Pk's , Anti-Pks , IdoC camping , nicking a blokes house key and robbing his house , calling your mule 'You' while training stealing and having the whole bank area stop for a second , queing up behind 12 people just to get a set of 'Lord Ulysses' verite plate!!.... i could go on all day!!

May be rose tinted but i have played nearly every mmo thats come about trying to chase the joy i found in Ultima Online , before Trammel , but alas nothing has come close.