10+ Year Old Account

new353 gear vs 365 gear on ret

OKAY, so I made a thread awile back and the consensus was that 365 was better then 346 gear from heroes......new problem. With the release of patch 4.1 I've gathered my 353 gear and it still seems i pull more sustained dps in my pvp gear(keyword SUSTAINED). Was wondering if anyone has done some number crunching on this yet. BTW im a pvper and i really dont care to raid i just do my weekly heroes and and Argaloth, I do however use the TB exalted trink and the str stacking vendor trink while pveing. I am also exp and hit capped while pveing in both sets.

use redcapes or any other retri pala spreadsheet and you can see for yourself

easy way to figure it out.

Stat weights on the various websites are available, and they are able to be demonstrated in Attack power equivalent.

Your gear in one set has 1 total AP, the other has a different total. This is a quick way to test which will do more, legitimately.

However, whichever set can get more str, will likely do more damage.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarkeld View Post
    easy way to figure it out.

Stat weights on the various websites are available, and they are able to be demonstrated in Attack power equivalent.

Your gear in one set has 1 total AP, the other has a different total. This is a quick way to test which will do more, legitimately.

However, whichever set can get more str, will likely do more damage.
    excel and minor calcul work great too if you just have the right stat weight and you can be sure its not an error on the code of the creator :/ (happen a lot)

I wouldn't mind knowing about the weapons. I downloaded Rawr and it was still saying Haste was our best stat and valued mastery soo low.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rawr is def. out-dated.

Speaking of gear optimization, would I be better to use the 365 pvp shoulders and gain to 2pc +70Str bonus (as I use the 365 pvp gloves) or Pauldrons of the Grear Ettin?

Deleted
    etin is the bis, in theory but it does depend on the rest of your stats, can you do with losing 150~ rating for 70 stre? i think if thats all mastery that you lose that it would be better with ettin, and the pvp shoulders are expertise most ret pallies find they are over the expertise cap quite easily so geting even more on your shoulder may be a big loss as you can only reforge 40% of that into sumthing useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    I wouldn't mind knowing about the weapons. I downloaded Rawr and it was still saying Haste was our best stat and valued mastery soo low.
    Assuming the same speed, the highest item level with strength will almost always win out. However, 359 pvp vs 353 pve would be closer to call.

---------- Post added 2011-05-05 at 05:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Viglante View Post
    etin is the bis, in theory but it does depend on the rest of your stats, can you do with losing 150~ rating for 70 stre? i think if thats all mastery that you lose that it would be better with ettin, and the pvp shoulders are expertise most ret pallies find they are over the expertise cap quite easily so geting even more on your shoulder may be a big loss as you can only reforge 40% of that into sumthing useful.
    372 Ettin is BiS, before that in normal is not so certain due to the value of 365 PvP gloves.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh