Page 1 of 2
LastLast

pyrite ore in 4.2

anyone have any clue what it will be used for? i have like 15 stacks, just wondering if there is any reason to save it

10+ Year Old Account
    i got 1 whole tab full of pyrite ive been farming for over 4 months they better have epic gems drop from them!

10+ Year Old Account
    In 4.2? Probably not. Most likely new epic gem patterns will be added in the raid tier following Tier 12, whatever patch that ends up being, and prospected from pyrite, similar to how epic gems in Wrath were added with ToC and prospected from titanium.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    In 4.2? Probably not. Most likely new epic gem patterns will be added in the raid tier following Tier 12, whatever patch that ends up being, and prospected from pyrite, similar to how epic gems in Wrath were added with ToC and prospected from titanium.
    epic gems were added in ulduar if my memory serves me right.

epic gems arent going to be released in 4.2 and if they are i havnt seen it.

also though on a side note i know some of the new patterns need pyrite bars. to make the new 363 boe craftables.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    some speculate you will be able to prospect it for epic gems like titanium ore was in WOTLK but there isnt any hard evidence to support that that I know of....
    The true vanilla wow test is whether or not they miss Vanilla. If they do, they didn't play in Vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruul View Post
    They were added in 3.2, ToC's patch.

EDIT: Though they did add the epic gems you could fish up in 3.1, I think. But not the JC ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    epic gems arent going to be released in 4.2 and if they are i havnt seen it.

also though on a side note i know some of the new patterns need pyrite bars. to make the new 363 boe craftables.
    they only just started releasing loot tables so p.sure you havent seen like 90% of the content so far, that being said im just hoping they come from pyrite cause then ill be in the money! in the money!

---------- Post added 2011-05-05 at 02:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    They were added in 3.2, ToC's patch.

EDIT: Though they did add the epic gems you could fish up in 3.1, I think. But not the JC ones.
    mm yes you are right, though i wouldnt say they are ready to repeat a TOC like patch we could see epic gems considering how beefie this 4.2 looks just what i think. eitherway aslong as they come from pyrite the time they are released doesnt matter.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They were added in Trial of the Crusader, I believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

speculation at this point will have to wait till a few builds in on the ptr for more info though. but ill be hitting the ptr probbaly one or 2 builds in and seeing what there is install for me.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Deleted
    Just send your pyrite to a bank alt, for there is no much reason to prospect it, volatile earth is very common now and for those shiny gold bars alchemists create from them you dont need so much pyrite bars.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    On my bank alt I have my own guild, and I have 4 guild bank tabs, main personal bank space fill, and a couple of bags filled with nothing but pyrite. Waiting for epics gems to come out, granted it's gonna be awhile but gonna be rich.

...and if blizzard introduces a new kind of ore (which they never have mid release of an expansion) to counter people like me, than oh well. Won't bother me that much.

mm yes you are right, though i wouldnt say they are ready to repeat a TOC like patch we could see epic gems considering how beefie this 4.2 looks just what i think. eitherway aslong as they come from pyrite the time they are released doesnt matter.
    Burning Crusade: T4, T5, T6 (epic gems), Sunwell.
    Wrath of the Lich King: T7, T8, T9 (epic gems), T10.
    Cataclysm: T11, T12, T13 (???), ...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Castimcnasti View Post
    ...and if blizzard introduces a new kind of ore (which they never have mid release of an expansion) to counter people like me, than oh well. Won't bother me that much.
    maybe no new ore but a new transmute which while unlikely due to truegold classic had several transmutes for bars.

15+ Year Old Account
    I save these for prospecting time. :P Currently having over 5000 of these.

Deleted
    Got my self close to 4000 pyrite ore, aiming to fill at least another 2 bank tabs in the next few weeks. if they dont prospect from pyrite ore, I will cry.

Deleted
    hahaha im so laughing if it isnt going to be any epic gems :P

Funny thing is that so many people are hording Pyrite Ore in absurd amounts, that even if epic gems come from it, its price even right after release will probably not be be what people are hoping for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leobald View Post
    Funny thing is that so many people are hording Pyrite Ore in absurd amounts, that even if epic gems come from it, its price even right after release will probably not be be what people are hoping for.
    Indeed, hoping for that. Have quite a stash of Pyrite Ore for personal use just in case the will be prospectable for epic gems, but will seriously laugh at those trying to fill up all their bank tabs hoping to swoop in for a big pot of gold. Epic gems are gonna be very very cheap then if there's a lot of those people around lol.

Quote Originally Posted by velde046 View Post
    Indeed, hoping for that. Have quite a stash of Pyrite Ore for personal use just in case the will be prospectable for epic gems, but will seriously laugh at those trying to fill up all their bank tabs hoping to swoop in for a big pot of gold. Epic gems are gonna be very very cheap then if there's a lot of those people around lol.
    I'm hoping that happens; I think it will be fun to watch the pyrite price hit the roof and then the floor in quick succession. I love that kind of thing.