Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by neubs986 View Post
    Well, the clear problem with having a lock set bonus proc extra fire damage is that it would pigeon hole the class into going destro, as that extra fire damage would scale with our mastery and spec bonus, whereas it would not scale at all with affliction, and would only indirectly scale with demo's mastery. Don't get me wrong, I like the ignite mechanic as well, it would just end up being "too good" for destro, and thus the other two specs would fall behind.
    Well, yeah. That's the biggest downside. Hence the "or something different and better" i tacked on there. Trust me, I'd much prefer to not be pigeon-holed into destro. Again.
    Quote Originally Posted by HopOnPop View Post
    Obviously Garrosh would win, it's like a gorilla vs a human... do you know how strong a gorilla is? He'll snap your dick off and throw it in the tall grass. Garrosh = dick-snapper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Sure. When I wake up in the middle of the night with a full tank, I just flip back the curtain and let it flow.

But what if we get the 4pc and we're affdrain spec'd? :S

Quote Originally Posted by vo1os View Post
    Useless 4t12 for drain affli?
    it's so so for drain aff, since you still use shadowbolt on nightfall procs

Signature by Kenz

10+ Year Old Account
    The 2piece set bonus seems to proc from dots wich makes it slightly harder for demonology to get a proc however, due mastery, the pet will high likely be a lot stronger then the destro or affly version.
    Destro mastery increases fire damage done, but I highly doubt it also affects pets.

For the 4set bonus, while a 20% damageboost is really nice, it mainly benefits destruction because they have a filler giving procs with a pretty short castime. One thing I'd like to mention tho, the proc on incinerate will probally make incinerate better as chaosbolt and thus chaosbolt will be dropped from the prioritylist.

Demonology has a big part of its dps comming from pets thus the buff is weaker, not to mention they have a execute phase that doesnt gife procs. My guess will be that demo will use incinerate as filler for more procs ( and less cd on meta) and ignore soulfire during execute to keep getting procs

affly-sb will do better as demo with the buff but affly also has execute that doesnt gife procs.

affly-drain will do very bad with this due the only shadowbolts comming from nightfall/glyph procs and thus rarely getting any procs even. I'm pretty sure everyone will swap to affly-sb because it being waay stronger then affly-drain with 4p

In my eyes, the 4set bonus is really good and because of this, both destro and demonology will be dumbed down once they have obtained it. Affly will have to go to affly-sb and probally wont be able to compete on dps with demo or destro.
    Last edited by Nicola; 2011-05-05 at 10:47 PM.

Deleted
    hmhm well.. 5% isnt very much :S id rather have a 20% proc change but then only 10% damage or something.. the two 2 set procus really relys on what imp. is comming .. and how often.. and im btw sad that affdrain dies with that (

Quote Originally Posted by angelx7x View Post
    it's so so for drain aff, since you still use shadowbolt on nightfall procs
    You are talking about 10 shadowbolts per fight? Thank you, CO for inf >.>
    If there'll be set with stats like "crit+mastery" do you think it worth to be weared in DrAffli ?

Deleted
    So our final spell from the Destruction tree is even more useless now?

Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    Ya well Obama can take his change away from my tier 12 i like i like i like.
    I really wish I knew what you meant :P

OT:
    I think they should switch the tiers around and the 4 pce should summon the fiery imp. I like the fact that its not "Increase dmg by X" but instead summoning a cool fiery imp that does dmg instead of a flat rate. And the OP has a cool siggie that I wish I had :P
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSuze View Post
    You've mistakenly made the assumption that I'm not capable of buying MORE poutine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HotSauce View Post
    I really wish I knew what you meant :P
    Obama used the word "change" to promote his presidential candidacy.

"Change we can believe in" and stuff like that.

Kouki is basically saying that he doesn't want to see it changed because he like he like he like.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by neubs986 View Post
    Now that I think about it, these set bonuses STRONGLY favor destro.

2 Piece procs on periodic damage, so naturally more dots would mean more chances to proc. Destro has 4 dots applied to it's target at any given time, where the other spec only have 3. The 4 piece is absolutely useless during execute phase for Aff and barely useful for Demo unless they change it. So as it stands right now it would appear that Destro will get the most benefit from the set, unless, of course, something changes.

Also, I'm really disappointed that all the classes 2 set is basically the same. "Your X ability has a chance to spawn Y guardian"
    Actually, I would consider 2pc favouring Affliction. Burning Embers don't count as your DoT and therefore all speccs roll 3 DoTs at once. However Eradication will cause Afflis DoT's to tick more often than any other spec hence increasing the value of the 2pc. And lets not forget that affli sometimes use BoA instead of BoD (Dual target).

I'm certainly not saying the 2pc will be great. It will prolly blow, but still =).
    However, I'd like the proc rate and dmg from the basterds to be enough to push BoA ahead of BoD for single target aswell!! (Wishful thinking? )

Quote Originally Posted by Staffreak View Post
    Actually, I would consider 2pc favouring Affliction. Burning Embers don't count as your DoT and therefore all speccs roll 3 DoTs at once. However Eradication will cause Afflis DoT's to tick more often than any other spec hence increasing the value of the 2pc. And lets not forget that affli sometimes use BoA instead of BoD (Dual target).

I'm certainly not saying the 2pc will be great. It will prolly blow, but still =).
    However, I'd like the proc rate and dmg from the basterds to be enough to push BoA ahead of BoD for single target aswell!! (Wishful thinking? )
    Pretty sure it does.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by butterzz View Post
    The 2piece set bonus seems to proc from dots wich makes it slightly harder for demonology to get a proc however, due mastery, the pet will high likely be a lot stronger then the destro or affly version.
    Destro mastery increases fire damage done, but I highly doubt it also affects pets.

For the 4set bonus, while a 20% damageboost is really nice, it mainly benefits destruction because they have a filler giving procs with a pretty short castime. One thing I'd like to mention tho, the proc on incinerate will probally make incinerate better as chaosbolt and thus chaosbolt will be dropped from the prioritylist.

Demonology has a big part of its dps comming from pets thus the buff is weaker, not to mention they have a execute phase that doesnt gife procs. My guess will be that demo will use incinerate as filler for more procs ( and less cd on meta) and ignore soulfire during execute to keep getting procs

affly-sb will do better as demo with the buff but affly also has execute that doesnt gife procs.

affly-drain will do very bad with this due the only shadowbolts comming from nightfall/glyph procs and thus rarely getting any procs even. I'm pretty sure everyone will swap to affly-sb because it being waay stronger then affly-drain with 4p

In my eyes, the 4set bonus is really good and because of this, both destro and demonology will be dumbed down once they have obtained it. Affly will have to go to affly-sb and probally wont be able to compete on dps with demo or destro.
    I don't realy get your conclusion, the diffrence in how much times you can cast shadow bold or incincerate in a eqaul durrated fight is verry small
    If you look at world of logs on baradin hold ( in my eyes test dummy fight) the amounts are almost the same, oke destro might have a smal advandace but on fights of 3 min its only like 2 cast on aflic (if he would ignor the execute phase) and 4 on demo.

Now we can have 3 senarios:
    1 Destro beat aflic in first 75% and the diffrence gets bigger because execute phase doesn't have the proc (why does aflic than don't keep useing SB til they have proc and than swap drain soul)
    2 Destro is worse than aflic in 75% and the diffrence gets bigger because execute phase ( as aflic ignor execute phase or do same as mentioned befor and wait on proc)
    3 Destro is beter than aflic in 75% and diffrence gets smaller in execute phase ( just stick on drain soul rotation because its beter than the 4 set bonus)

In al cases i don't see why the set bonus makes the diffrence because the amount of SB and incinerates is the same if you just ignor the execute phase.
    and than its up to the player to see if Drain soul is worth it or not ( personaly i have feeling if drain soul is worse than the bonus , so al aflic locks swap to SB rot in last 25% there wil come a buff to DS or a nerve to the 4p) tho it would be more challaging to use SB and swap drain soul at proc (borring execute phase)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nilnar View Post
    Pretty sure it does.
    I stand corrected. Sorry for incorrect information. Got it backwards...
    Last edited by mmocf69c22c503; 2011-05-06 at 04:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vo1os View Post
    Useless 4t12 for drain affli?
    Rather useless, yes. But Blizzard have said that they want Affli's filler to be Shadow Bolt, not Drain Life. I wouldn't be surprised if this is an attempt to get rid of the Drain spec.
    Amateur Photographer studying Mathematics!
    Linkedin - Portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by Staffreak View Post
    I stand corrected. Sorry for incorrect information. Got it backwards...
    It's all good. Though I sometimes wished that Burning Embers counted as my Imp's dot, that way if there was no other suitable candidate I could cast DI on him and have him proc stacks for me, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by butterzz View Post
    How does it make it harder for Demo to proc it? We use the same DoTs as the other specs.

Unlikely, CB also procs Soul Leech.

Again, highly unlikely. Incinerate is a substantial DPS loss to use as a filler anyway, there is no way 1 or 2 extra procs across a fight will make up that 6-700 DPS loss.

It's a 5% chance to proc, and offers a less than 2% DPS increase overall, it will not be worth changing your rotation over for either spec.

A current comparison is Demo trying to fish for Impending Doom procs by fishing with Incinerate rather than Shadow Bolt - it has been proven to not work.

Worthless and uninspirational, so it's pretty much in line with my expectations. Then again, the only time I really cared for completing my set was during the Netherwind days (I played mage back then), after (or before) that I've never really cared... I guess that's how boring the bonuses have always been.
    Last edited by Weazle83; 2011-05-07 at 03:20 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moeller View Post
    So as a warlock, we can now have 4 demons up who deal damage at the same time, if we do it correctly? awesome.
    Getting flashbacks to the time i had 5 nibelung valkyrs up at the same time

Blizz doesn't want aff drain specs, it's a shame cuz it's so much more fun than sbolt.

It SHOULD be
    affdrain = affliction
    demo = shadowbolt
    destro = incin

I can hear the self healing whining already, but really I can't think of a time it's outright saved me in a raid when a tank/healer is dead. btw 2 piece is lackluster, I can barely see my bod imp when it procs. I'm sure we'll see this one more because it's fiery, but guardian procs never seem to work out well. 4 piece really should include drain life and drain soul should be buffed although it'd make me sad cuz you know they'd nerf everything else..
    offtopic I really don't feel like i'm executing something with drain soul unless it's crit'ing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    How does it make it harder for Demo to proc it? We use the same DoTs as the other specs.

Unlikely, CB also procs Soul Leech.

Again, highly unlikely. Incinerate is a substantial DPS loss to use as a filler anyway, there is no way 1 or 2 extra procs across a fight will make up that 6-700 DPS loss.

It's a 5% chance to proc, and offers a less than 2% DPS increase overall, it will not be worth changing your rotation over for either spec.

A current comparison is Demo trying to fish for Impending Doom procs by fishing with Incinerate rather than Shadow Bolt - it has been proven to not work.
    I think he said that demo would have less procs is because afflict stacks haste far more than demo does and would have more dot ticks? I don't honestly believe it would make much of a difference though.

As for everything else you said I agree that sbolt will still be demos filler