Thread: Feral T12 bones

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Feral T12 bones

Code:
    •Feral 2 Pieces - Your attacks with Mangle, Maul, and Shred deal 10% additional damage as Fire damage over 4 sec.
    •Feral 4 Pieces - Your finishing moves have a 20% chance per combo point to extend the duration of Berserk by 2 sec and your Barkskin ability grants an additional 10% chance to dodge for 12 sec.
    CAT:
    2P: gives us basicly just 10% more damage on shred (& and mangle witch we wont use) those abilitys are only like 25% of our total damage so it be like a 2.5% increase ni damage only, if we exepct ppl todo 25K dps that will be a 675 dps increase. not so impressive but still cool to have :P

4P: this doesnt seem so intresting at all. if we start using FB's during zerg, we defently need the glypth else we burn to much energy. if we are just happily refreshnig rip each time we get 5 CP's then we are wasting the duration of the original dot. and then there are still 2 ways to read this bones, 20% to get 2 secs per combo ponits as in a total of 10 secs if your lucky or witch is probely the good way to interpetate it. 100% chance to get 2 secs extra after you do a finisher move. and 2 secs is realy not much. it is 1 extra shred if we get lucky to not be out of energy. Either way to make optimal use ofthis we probely need a different opener rotation.

BEAR:
    2P: it seems they are nerfing the threat of all tanks so this 10% extra damage helps to keep argo (and will be sickly when you use bezerg + maul spam), still its only extra damage so only extra threat and therefor not manditory.
    4P: 10% dodge on a 1 min cooldown. this is a good one
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

4piece if it goes live as is will be OP for feral dps... Stack haste for faster energy regen, glyph it and almost have it permanently up...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    4piece if it goes live as is will be OP for feral dps... Stack haste for faster energy regen, glyph it and almost have it permanently up...
    yeh that depends on how you read it. if it works like Predatory Strikes thne it means whit 1 CB we have 20% to get 2sec extra while whit 5 CP we have 100% chance to get 2 secs extra but it will still only be 2 secs
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

The two piece is rather intriguing to me depending on how exactly it works. If it stacks like the old ignite then it could possibly be a much larger dps increase. If it just refreshes then it's still good, just not super duper good. Also since it's fire damage it shouldn't be affected by armor which makes me wonder if it will be based on mitigated or unmitigated damage.

Either way there's no doubt that getting all four pieces will be on every feral's priority list.

4p bonus right now is utter shit, but who knows what changes are ahead? Blizz could buff FB (and make it so using FB during berserk actually eats 30 energy, not 45!).
    Let's see, but right now i'd go with 2p and offset pieces.
    Feral dps :3
    Bring back ArP rating!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    is it even worth to fb during berserk...? i don't know but to spend 35 energy (assuming you have the glyph), which you could use for shred... to get 2 sec of berserk.. where you will get, what.. at max 2 shreds off? and if i'm energy starved I will get the 1 shred off that i paid for in the first place...
    as it stands now i guess it's better to take just the 2 set bonus and ignore the 1 free fb and *possible* shred during berserk and get offset items.. assuming they are better

edit says: come to think of it, it's not even a free fb.. it's just the chance of getting a free shred and a 100% chance of getting your shred back.. wait... oh damn i don't get it, it sounds as if you get a free fb >.<
    Last edited by dasyan; 2011-05-05 at 07:35 AM.
    Tirion has joined the guild
    [Guild][Tirion]: /brofist
    [Guild][Bolvar]: /brofist
    Tirion has left the guild
    [Guild][Audinwyrnn]: The fuck was that ?
    [Guild][Bolvar]: Dont worry about it kid

15+ Year Old Account
    Feral 2 Pieces - Your attacks with Mangle, Maul, and Shred deal 10% additional damage as Fire damage over 4 sec.

kitty paws on fire..lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dahawk View Post
    Feral 2 Pieces - Your attacks with Mangle, Maul, and Shred deal 10% additional damage as Fire damage over 4 sec.

kitty paws on fire..lol
    Remember that T12 is designed as Firelands theme, so you could say that a couple of pieces are on fire and do some fire damage in direct contact (Just looking as Blizzard would say).

Getting confused with 4pc bonus, it is either:

A.Per combo point 20% chance of 2 sec extended Beserk (So let's say 5 combo points and each have a 20% to extend duration, so that would range from 2-10 sec extra on Beserk)

B.Each combo points give a 20% chance for 2 sec longer Beserk (5 combo points give a 100% chance to extend the duration).

And Blizzard really likes us nowadays and they always chose the easiest way so for now I say we have to see it as way B.
    I really hate Blizzard when they throw us over for a 2 sec increase, nom nom nom a whole rake or shred >< well that is usefull especially if you used FB due to the boss being under 25% ><.
    Last edited by Rockmanzero; 2011-05-05 at 07:49 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dahawk View Post
    Feral 2 Pieces - Your attacks with Mangle, Maul, and Shred deal 10% additional damage as Fire damage over 4 sec. and deals 3% of the damage done back to you
    kitty paws on fire..lol
    Fixed it lolz.

BTW guys a glypthed FB should only cost 22 energy duing bezerg right ?
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

I don't see how the 4-piece bonus is confusing. When you use a finisher during Berserk, you have 20% chance per combo point (100% at 5CP) to give Berserk 2 more seconds.

The idea isn't bad, but when you consider what really happens during Berserk you quickly realize this is pretty bad. You'll put up Rip once, SR once, so that's 4s free but then you just Shred. Using FB, even with the glyph isn't very good. You'll make Berserk last longer but you'll waste extra energy on stuff that isn't worth it and you'll end up energy starved quickly. If having Berserk up had other bonuses (like faster attack speed or something) this could be worth the tradeoff to increase its duration, but as things are, this won't be very useful.

As stated above, it looks like 2-piece bonus + offset pieces will be the way to go. Unless, of course, the set pieces have superior stats which is unlikely going off T11's stats.

BTW guys a glypthed FB should only cost 22 energy duing bezerg right ?
    FB is 35, so that'd be 18 (17.5).
    Last edited by Selverein; 2011-05-05 at 07:52 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selverein View Post
    I don't see how the 4-piece bonus is confusing. When you use a finisher during Berserk, you have 20% chance per combo point (100% at 5CP) to give Berserk 2 more seconds.

The idea isn't bad, but when you consider what really happens during Berserk you quickly realize this is pretty bad. You'll put up Rip once, SR once, so that's 4s free
    yeh but i usealy start a fight whit feral charge, mangle , SR , TF, rake, Ravage!, Shred, Rip, (tigers fury wears off), bezerg / shred spam.
    so at that point it will be bad using Rip during the bezerg as Rip already has the 15% dmg increase of TF. refreshing SR is kinda useless unless its about to drop off, and then FB is the only thing left to use :P so i dont see it verry usefull,

probely if we realy push it we can get like a 6 seconds extension on our bezerk, that is like 25% longer. so that is probely why it seems like a good set bones. but i doubt its worth it
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

15+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=Elunedra;11334867]Fixed it lolz.

runs around on fire..i need heals!!

Maybe im slow but I read it as adding 10 secs to berserker, so using FB while beserker is up with 5 combo's.

Dosent seems very interesting trough, and 10% dogde..? pff dull.

15+ Year Old Account
    dodge sigh..thinking replace the dodge with more atp..

umm dunno about you guys... but glyphing forberserk, 20 sec berserk alrdy leaves most ferals drained on energy unless u rlucky for clarity procs
    but i dont see how extending the duration of berserk 2 sec every finisher (chance per combo) will be huge, espec w/ 4p
    however, i see our 2p being op in both pvp and pve because 20k shreds wud trigger 500dmg per sec for 4 seconds. hope i did the math rite.
    granted in pve, its more possible to spread your shreds out + maintaining ur roar and rip so that your 2p fire dot doesnt overlap, unless its stacking like ignite

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    Code:
    •Feral 2 Pieces - Your attacks with Mangle, Maul, and Shred deal 10% additional damage as Fire damage over 4 sec.
    •Feral 4 Pieces - Your finishing moves have a 20% chance per combo point to extend the duration of Berserk by 2 sec and your Barkskin ability grants an additional 10% chance to dodge for 12 sec.
    Assuming the 2 set bonus works like elemental shaman t8 bonus back in Ulduar, i dont see this usefull at all.
    The elemental shaman t8 bonus refreshed the dot it caused, and i guess so will our bonus. Therefor you will only get 1-2 ticks, depending on if it ticks pr second, or every other second. Lets say you shred for 40k, your target will get the dot ticking for 1k pr second/2k pr every other second. Your next shred will refresh it already so thats half the damage of the dot lost..

4 set bonus only seems to be good during berserk, which is on a 20 sec duration (assuming glyphed) with a 3 min cd. With some lucky crits, you might get up to 30 sec berserk time, which, ofcourse is usefull, but will it be worth it for the dps the possibly offset pieces would provide?

People who are thinking they will get an additional 10 seconds out of Berserk are wrong, and I can say this with about 95% certainty. The way this will work is, 20% chance per point to extend for a TOTAL of 2 seconds per finisher. So if you feel risky and use a 3cp roar mid zerk, 60% chance for an additional 2 seconds of zerk. Refresh your rip with 5 cp and be guaranteed 2 more seconds to shred spam. That is how I see this 4p working.

Now the question is, how many times can I get this increase? There has to be a cap to the potential procs to extend Berserk, I would say something like a max of 3-5 procs, so maybe with optimum rng you'd get an additional 6 to 10 seconds more on zerk.

I can guarantee you, it will not be 2 seconds per CP as that is utterly insanely OP.

Blizzard has pretty much made it so every type of dot caused by damaging attacks stacks, like Deep Wounds. So it will stack. If it doesn't, it's basically worthless considering how often we shred.

Then the bonus seems crap to me. Hope tier pieces got overall better stats then.

Deleted
    I guess it will work like Predatory Strikes does atm, so 20% per CP, yes. If you use tigers fury just before berserk, you should be able to easily get an extra 6 seconds on berserk up, therefor cheaper shreds etc, and as i said, with some lucky crits you might be able to get further 2 or 4 seconds.

However i dont see why this should have a max amount of procs? The luck it would take to keep it up for more than 30 sec, would be extreme.
    And 30 sec is only 1/6 of the cd anyway, which aint OP, concidering its a tier bonus, or thats my opinion anyway.