Thread: Feral T12 bones

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    That's the nature of balancing. If it was so easy to do then we'd all be game developers. Feral dps is right in line with all the other hybrid classes right now so realistically they are doing it right. We'll have to see how the 4 piece bonus works into our rotation on the PTR before we really start bitching.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

I haven't read people saying it was easy, pretending to be developers, or bitching.
    If you actually read instead of spewing righteous platitudes you'd have understood this thread's point.

And what I personally say is, at this stage of T12 development, it's disturbing that out of ALL classes, only the druid set bonus has an entire players community attempting to decipher a tooltip.
    And without much success at that [...]

That in itself is very in character with Blizzard about the feral spec, since Cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    That's the nature of balancing. If it was so easy to do then we'd all be game developers. Feral dps is right in line with all the other hybrid classes right now so realistically they are doing it right. We'll have to see how the 4 piece bonus works into our rotation on the PTR before we really start bitching.
    While I agree with you that Blizzard tends to know what they're doing and I'm not worried about ferals for the future. We are definitely not right in line with other hybrid classes. Not even sure why you use the term hybrid anymore since there is no hybrid tax. Shadow priests are hybrids and they dominate the dps charts.

Overall, feral is last in dps. They are only ahead of less optimal specs of other classes, like frost for mages and subtlety for rogues. There are really only two things that let ferals seem ok at times: 1- They do a lot of damage in bad gear but scale poorly so if you aren't raiding endgame, a feral may seem to do good damage. 2- The only way a feral even gets into a raid is to be a very exceptional player. An exceptional player can pull out the same dps as a mediocre player of another class. So they seem ok.

Most ferals have to work twice as hard to do less dps than any of the other classes. We are very due for an overhaul.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    4piece if it goes live as is will be OP for feral dps... Stack haste for faster energy regen, glyph it and almost have it permanently up...
    Imo. your reading it wrong , it;s more % chance per combo point but still only 2 sec and there is a massive chance it will have a internal cooldown which will be longer as the berserk will last so how i read it is that all we get is 2 whole extra seconds on berserk.
    •Feral 4 Pieces - Your finishing moves have a 20% chance per combo point to extend the duration of Berserk by 2 sec
    if it was a longer duration aswell it would have said
    •Feral 4 Pieces - Your finishing moves have a 20% chance to extend the duration of Berserk by 2 sec per combo point

Quote Originally Posted by Zwair View Post
    Assuming the 2 set bonus works like elemental shaman t8 bonus back in Ulduar, i dont see this usefull at all.
    The elemental shaman t8 bonus refreshed the dot it caused, and i guess so will our bonus. Therefor you will only get 1-2 ticks, depending on if it ticks pr second, or every other second...
    Then you clearly don't know how the tier bonus used to work. The tier bonus used to roll-on like ignite does for fire mages. This means, that although it may only get 1 tick for that application/stack, if you procced it again then it would further increase the damage with the next stack.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

2pc will stack. Blizzard has pretty much gotten rid of all refreshing buffs. They've even done it for non-dot buffs like the thing for DKs. They don't like refreshing dot procs like that because they get less and less valuable the more haste you have.

If it would let us extend the next Berserk every time we did a finisher, so if I'd for some reason used a 5cp SR before popping Berserk and then having it last 22 seconds, I think it would be a pretty fun bonus. Would force us to weave in FB into the rotation again, and since we're already low on energy at the end of our current Berserk it wouldn't be that OP looking at other classes bonuses.

I hate the bonus as it is phrased right now. Would be okay with using non-tier gear for once but I can't see how we'd stay competitive with other specs using their bonuses. I liked the suggestion about SR giving extra energy regeneration. Passive stuff like that is enough and won't require as much theorycrafting.

I fero bite for 65k after RIP & SR. I also fero bite when 12+ secs on SR/RIP and while ravage to 5CP my energy gets full

15+ Year Old Account
    well it seems in 4.2 we can freely use FB whitout having todo any theocrafting on wheter or not its worth it. hurray for the casual players :P
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Guys, i don't have an US account to post there, so... Anyone who can give a proper feedback on our 4t12 bonus (not "omgomg it's bad blizz!!") and can post on US forums - go to http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...34404?page=1#1 and prevent this awful bonus from going live!
    Thanks!

Something like that: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...404?page=6#112
    (or just rate this post up)
    Feral dps :3
    Bring back ArP rating!

2 piece is a very interesting way of giving ferals and other physical dpsers (rogues, hunters) a % based dps buff that they can keep relatively balanced by tweaking the percentage. Although as mentioned before it brings up many questions, such as the fire damage is based on the unmitigated shred and mangle damage (which i doubt) or the damage of those abilities after the armor mitigation of bosses. It has been confirmed that it will stack similar to ignit this allows me to create a lot more questions, i guese ill just have to see how it plays out in testing at dummies. I expect the 10% to be completely active meaning the buffs will stack but after it has dealt its respective 10% damage of the shred of mangle that stack will be able to fall off.

4 piece is actually quite amazing in theory, other than the fact you need to give up glyph of tigers fury. The problem that I see arising from it, although i havent researched any of the Firelands Boss fights other than Ragnaros, is how it will apply for progression fights. The times which require the highest dps will be to burn the adds, switching often, or even aoe where your dps would benefit greatly from berserking for more swipes. Ragnaros for instance the transitions on normal to kill the adds in time will definetly require the use of some coold downs (atleast to progress smoothly).
    In tank spank fight, with the glyph making your berserk 20 seconds before four piece, with any luck on crits, or haste procs, or using berserk with lust you should be able to get 4 finishers off, 1 at the very start of the cd. The other problem that arises is that FB still consumes a lot of energy despite the changes potentially being more beneficial, it is going to be interesting to see if ferals will be energy starved trying to get off 2-3 Fbs in a berserk even with the state priority on gearing changing more towards haste/mastery on firelands gear. Needles to say I am very excited for these set bonuses, good or bad.

4 piece is actually quite amazing in theory
    Actually it's pretty terrible. Since FB is so goddamn terrible compared to Shred.