10+ Year Old Account
    ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̡͌l

Can I get my account back?

I quit wow a little under two years ago due to various reasons, mainly my shitty computer. But when I quit I sabotaged everything I could about my account to help ward off feelings of wanting to play again. I gave away/deleted everything on my characters and changed my battle.net email to a random email I made but have forgotten. I also changed the password to my battle.net account and email to a series of random characters I copy/pasted. I've been working and doing good in school lately and have had a lot of free time. So this summer I wanted to get back into wow instead of playing a bunch of retarded flash games online.

My question is, what all will I be able to get back? Will I be able to recover my battle.net account at all? If so, will I then be able to get my old toons back? I don't know if there's an expiration date on info for deleted characters or not. If so, will I be able to get the professions back that I deleted? Also, will I be able to get ANY of my items back? I turned everything I could into gold or enchanting mats and don't expect to get those back. But what about things like tabards?

If I do start playing again I wanted to transfer my toons to a different realm. I want to change my main's name, faction, and realm. Would I have to pay separately for all three, or do some of them come together, like faction/realm change?

My last question is, do you think it's worth it to come back? Firelands looks like it's gonna be pretty epic in my opinion; but I haven't played since TOC came out and don't know if all the old problems with the game are still as strong as ever. Is there enough new good to outweigh the old bad?

You should be able to get the account back if you call the Billing department and explain what happened. They can confirm you are the account owner by getting you to send in proof like the CD key and change the email back.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roflicerbob View Post
    My last question is, do you think it's worth it to come back?
    I don't see why you'd bother to come back. You obviously tried to make it difficult to come back, and the game isn't really that great anymore.

wow.. you tried so hard and failed lol, but welcome back

i think it is worth it, but i dont think you can get back more than your naked character. maybe its faster to start a new one. leveling is so fast and easy nowadays.. with or without heirlooms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    You should be able to get the account back if you call the Billing department and explain what happened. They can confirm you are the account owner by getting you to send in proof like the CD key and change the email back.
    Hmmm, that's a problem. I also threw away all my discs/boxes, so I don't have a way of getting my CD keys back.

Deleted
    As above said if you phone billing you should be able to get it back, and yep you would have to pay for all the services seperatly.

Deffinatly worth coming back n giving it a try at least, i'd almost be tempted to start an entirely new account from scratch n fully experience all the new leveling.

Deleted
    Since you did pretty much trash everything that could return the account to you,you are screwed sadly

Start a new acc/toon,leveling is fun and easy now eitherway.

Goodluck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by roflicerbob View Post
    Hmmm, that's a problem. I also threw away all my discs/boxes, so I don't have a way of getting my CD keys back.
    With deleted chars, thrown away discs, missing password and email.
    Shouldnt you just start all over again?

In any case, if you call them they most likely ask you to send them some proof that you are you (like copy of passport thro fax?) and they might give it back to you if it matches.
    I'm not sure about chars tho, its been waaay too long imo. I think I heard somewhere that they will keep the deleted char data for 6 months then its bam gone. I'm not sure is that just rumor. They might have back-ups on all chars deleted past 4+ years (why keep back ups for just mere 2 years anyway).. it might work on resetting chars too.

If you dont want all that hassle then tough luck, start again.
    Good news is, that you can start by just vanilla wow and get cata content and see if you still like it. Because lets face it, you will have to level up anyway..if they cant recover your account/chars.
    Last edited by mmocd6ad878d9b; 2011-05-05 at 10:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The reason I don't just start all over is that I don't want to drop the dough for classic-LK; it'd be like 80 bucks. Also, I already have a few level 80's and would like to take advantage of that fact. I'm wanting to play in moderation and grinding 1-85 on multiple toons would be too time consuming. So if I can't get my toons back then I probably won't come back to wow; it's already iffy for me.

You can use your ID (A passport for instance) to get your account back, and if you have trashed that, you went a bit to far, and you can still even get that back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the help. After a 2 minute phone call I got my account and characters back in a flash.

Once they get the hook in you it just can't be pulled out. >.<

Deleted
    same thing happened to me