Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I recently switched my priest to holy and was struggling for the first week or so, here's whats changed recently for me to improve (having no issues healing the new heroics now)

Holy word serenity - heal, these two are your main go to spells during any non heavy damage encounter, always keep HW: S on cooldown, and follow it up with heals if there is only a small hp loss.

Greater heal - when your HW: S and heal cant outheal the damage incomming this works wonders to top off again, once again standard damage speed )just bigger hits)

Aoe damage you wanna switch to sanctuary, keep POH and COH going to top everyone up, you may need to use the odd flash/binding/greater on the tank according to the damage his taking

Keep telling people to use lightwell, its prob the most effective heal we have ticks for 7k a go roughly with your spell power.

Dont spam renew, it's hardly ever worth the mana cost in the new dungeons, things hit hard and fast, generally i only put a renew on the tank or if i MUST move.

Prayer of mending, love this spell, get it glyphed keep it on cooldown, it is one of the best spells a priest has, as soon as i got used to keeping this on cooldown people pretty much stopped dieing.

I found a priest to be a fair bit of learning over my shaman, you need to judge a lot better when damage is comming and swap between HW: S/heal to greater heal accordingly to keep tank/people topped off as needed.

Be warned tho, if people are taking hits from easily avoided stuff, you will struggle to keep them up regardless. I had a tank on the dragonhawk boss take 3 ticks of flame breath 5 times in a row, needless to say it was harsh on my mana.

Keep at it once you get used to the healing style and the right decision making it gets a lot better, personally i have gone for haste in the new heroics and it's worked well for me, typical aoe fights im healing about 15-16.5k hps normal encounters are 10.5-11.5k hps (when i first started my average hps was low at about 9.5)

Goodluck and i hope my own efforts to improve help, but be warned as much as i have tried to read up and adapt, some of my rotations might not be accurate, they are however working for me.

Deleted
    pretty much start using CC's in dungeons and you don't have problem...some thrash hit like a truck example -2 flame casters in pack, or 2 bear riders in ZA(i know you can't CC these)...but basicaly each CC'd mob is better than someone dead...on boss fight if ppls stay in shit you can't do much with it...just priority tank = you-> and than DPS which do, what he has to

holy in 5 man dungeon's you'll want stay in serenity chakra most of the time so renew at start and than jsut spam heal/Gheal + HW:Serenity on CD...if dmg is still too high just use Fheal2x/GHeal

if you have mana problems more spirit and than haste/mastery, which one you preffer
    change glyph of Flash Heal to glyph of Lightwell or Glyph or Guardian Spirit

if you want more help link armory
    Last edited by mmoc990e325208; 2011-05-05 at 01:39 PM.

Deleted
    Nobody asked what tactic did your group used on Jan'alai ? Maybe there was some flaw ?

Also noticed your spells are key-bind to numerological keys , you use mouse-over macros with those or some kind of add-on or rather target and press a key ?

I target through the stock 5 man or raid UI and cast however I have as I said before healed top heals in my guild and server raids to the end of BWD and BOT its not a key click issue. and the toon was raised healing 5 man heroics long before it ever went to raids. I dont even need to look at the keyboard to press a button my left hand covers the whole Logitech Illuminated Keyboard, this is a highly accurate Keyboard with shrot keystrokes.
    It makes a Logitech G15 gamers keyboard look like a Bubblewrap playing ground with innacurate ten ton hammer presses that dive a whole inch before they fire. I have that thing jammed ina closet someplace.

I once tried Healbot on a new roll Paly once had like 4 healing spells I could bound to it. It was so slow compaired to my keyabard response time I started to cry and removed it.

Keep in mind many of the heal grid or healbot addons are out of date since patch 4.1.0 and 4.1.0a that have not been updated on curse.com and many healers in our guild, and server have stopped healing becuase they dont know how to heal at all without a pluggin. It's an ongoing joke in trade channel at the moment. I was still out healing all of them when they had healbot.

I am a keyboard ninja been using keybinds since DOS in a game launched in 1995 called Battlezone on the activision servers.

So it's not like I suck the class sucks its simple and this lower post brings more issues to the light of day people were talking about in guild and a little bit in trade channel because people hate to say they suck openly on a server but know stuff is wrong and are trying or grasping at straws to find out what's wrong.

I am not that proud I call it like it is!

Priests right now suck and if they have to go to the lenght's that all good contributors have posted so far just to do their job, when a Druid can spam 2 buttons like a mindless ATARI game, wait thats the little orange 1 button... and Paladins the same then there is a serious issue with Priest heals.

Priest Known Issues World of Warcraft Patch 4.1.0A 14.1 Gig update;
    2011/05/05
    • The Shadowfiend summon does not always attack targets effectively.
    • The targeting reticule should no longer disappear when players cast spells

I was also having issues casting Mass Dispel because of this and thought I was just over reaching or muffing the cast so I bound it to my mouse button under my right thumb and that was my temporary fix. Good to know I noticed this also but could do JACK about it client side.
    So far my Shadowfiend has seemed to be ok, I have not noticed him goofing off after
    butterfly's and apparently that is fixed.
    Last edited by Oathanvil; 2011-05-05 at 02:44 PM.

Deleted
    You didn't answer my first question, witch i am more interested

Using target+press key system makes you little bit less responsive that's all , shouldn't cause people to die. Wanted to mention it just in case.
    Last edited by mmocd231660b79; 2011-05-05 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ksiadz View Post
    You didn't answer my first question, witch i am more interested

Using target+click system makes you little bit less responsive that's all , shouldn't cause people to die. Wanted to mention it just in case.
    Click targeting does cause people to die, i forgot to include in my post going to mouse over macros on everything was a huge boost.

I thought I did answer your question, mods to me are light years slower then I am on the keyboard input. it's just a fact.

I think healbot personnely is for lazy or slow reflex players to make up for lack of response time.

Gee play first person shooters for 15+ years on computer keyboards as I have and you would see my point of view on that.
    Last edited by Oathanvil; 2011-05-05 at 02:52 PM.

Deleted
    Ok i am gonna quote my self with question you didn't answer.

Nobody asked what tactic did your group used on Jan'alai ? Maybe there was some flaw ?

Deleted
    Something isn't right somewhere. 8.7k hps isn't all that high to be honest. I can easily pull a sustained 10k+ without going OOM and as much as 17-18k hps in short bursts if needed. No my gears not all that great iLvl 352. Another note also 30k crit greater heals are way off the mark, mine crit for 45-60k in a 10man raid. Have you stacked mastery / haste over Spell power and crit chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeleh View Post
    Click targeting does cause people to die, i forgot to include in my post going to mouse over macros on everything was a huge boost.

Oathanvil copy paste from Curse.com

Average Rating:
    Login to rate content
    Login to save Favorites
    Share.

Healbot

( still using the v3 client? click here to install )

Project Updated:
    6 months ago
    Files Updated: Sun, Oct 31 2010

Supports Game Version: 3.02

Category: Unit Frames, Action Bars, and HUDs

Tags:Health, addon, heal, party, and runes of magic

Project Manager:
    neb0
    Additional Authors: wmrojer
    Current Version:
    Healbot_3.7.8
    License:
    Public Domain

Why addons for healing are a BAD IDEA

Ok i am gonna quote my self with question you didn't answer.
    The eagle boss in general is not that hard to heal now. Dispel the debuff have range kill the small birds. melee 5 yards apart. Even when doing it wrong now a competent healer can pull people through with the recent changes.

Deleted
    To use mouseover macros you don't need any addons...you jsut make macros for each heal and it works fine...

Quote Originally Posted by Oathanvil View Post
    Oathanvil copy paste from Curse.com
    Why addons for healing are a BAD IDEA
    Dont know what you are on about, a mouse over macro doesn't need an add on yo do it in game, and they greatly boost your reaction time, just the increase from the interaction between your click and the UI is a huge boost.

I see the problem, no keybinds = slower reaction time

These are not suppose to be easy. People need to understand that when you are tanking you should be at least using your 1 min cd on pulls and longer ones when needed. As a pally tank i have always used my cds even on trash. This has made the healers job so much easier. I also heal as a priest (holy). I do not have any problems healing these instances but i can tell you some tips for it. Make full use of serenity my usual rotation for spike damage (which usually is the tanks fault) is flash flash serenity gheal. If you are having no mana issues you should have no problems cast flash heal since its very expensive but kinda makes up for it with serendipity. I sound the fire bird boss to be a more difficult one because of the fire damage. The adds put a spell on tank that increases fire damage taken so if they are slow to move they can take huge spike damage. You can avoid this by keep the dispells low. And always use your gurdian spirit it is one of thebest healing spells that allows you to do quick dispells raid healing or for when tank is taking way too much damage (hopefuly there cds are on cd or they are not doing their job. I dont like it when you hve to spam heal but with most of these fights if tank done use cds your gonna have too. Btw my ilvl was 2 points off the min and i got in (pvp gear) but i ran with a tank who knew what they were doing and i did not have any issues.
    Last edited by Kizzer; 2011-05-05 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Error

Clique + Raid Frame of your choice (Grid for me) is the way to heal (ok, so that's just my preference, just seems quicker and more flexible than mouseover macros)

OT: From what I can see on your character frame, etc, everything looks good. As someone else mentioned, Renew is waaay out of proportion to where it should be. And the fact that you don't have heal at all on that list is very odd.

Stay in Chakra Serenity, use Inner Fire, keep renew rolling on the tank, Flash heal (I usually only need it once) to build serendipity for a faster Greater Heal, keep PoM bouncing (and make sure it's glyphed), drop the lightwell on boss attempts, and you shouldn't have any troubles, oh, and make sure you have Guardian Spirit ready for quick and easy use.

As to the 30k crits, I am sad to admit I do not know how much my crits (or even my regulars) heal for. But I healed ZG last night and had my smoothest run ever (and I heal 5 mans as holy), so nothing has been stealth nerfed or anything like that. I almost oom'ed a couple times when things went to hell due to extra trash pulls, but on bosses there was no problems.

Was the tank in his prot spec, rotating CD's when needed (a lot of the things others have already said), not in PvP gear, etc, etc. Was the DPS 'standing in stupid' too much?

10+ Year Old Account
    - Saying addons like Grid or Healbot are for lazy players (which they aren't) is one thing. Saying that Mouseover macro's will decrease your performance is plain stupidity. It's just that you are not used to it. If you are topping your raid's healing meter, it is DESPITE you clicking to target then keypress, not because of it. Grid hasn't let me down so far, despite not being updated, since it's highly customizable, and I can add to it what I want with it's default settings.
    - There is nothing wrong with the priest class, as you keep saying. If paladins or druids have an easier time (which I don't think they do, at least not significantly), it's a problem in the design for those classes. If you are failing content on a priest, which other priests of similar gear level (and assuming this) skill level, are clearing the content, and you're not, the class is not the problem.
    - It could be that your group was failing.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by wiggyhamham View Post
    Something isn't right somewhere. 8.7k hps isn't all that high to be honest. I can easily pull a sustained 10k+ without going OOM and as much as 17-18k hps in short bursts if needed. No my gears not all that great iLvl 352. Another note also 30k crit greater heals are way off the mark, mine crit for 45-60k in a 10man raid. Have you stacked mastery / haste over Spell power and crit chance?
    I posted my breakdown in the post!

All my stats are there for you to read!

I agree I hear a few others say they get 40K crits off Greater heal and I am not seeing that I am seeing if I am lucky 30K and my item level is basicaly t11 gear all 359.

I still out heal all the other healers in Server raids and guild raids and up until the 29th of April was healing the balls off the two new cata dungeons then POOF* I was NERFED!

I still think Blizzard Highjacked my toon and stomped me server side but I cannot prove that!

I think they were pissed I was healing pugs through the new cata dungeons.

I just wish they had the balls to say so.
    Last edited by Oathanvil; 2011-05-05 at 03:55 PM.

@OP

If you feel you could be doing better, switch specs to Disc and see if thats any difference. This is just a suggestion though, I would recommend Disc over Holy for 5-mans any day
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    And yet here we are.

the Eagle boss was easy in fact it was the firebird that got us in trouble and everyone knew the fight and had completed it before just not in the same group as we were all from different servers.

---------- Post added 2011-05-05 at 11:59 AM ----------

Cant run them constant 24/7 lua errors on the Paly I have that I have set to run Healbot or healgrid they have not been updated and are none functional.

If you are getting your out dated mods to run with the lua error reporting off gratz I just don't need a program to do something I enjoy and that's out healing everyone else that needs one. And when they go out of date I don't care obviously as they don't effect me but we currently have guild and Server healers out of the loop because they have not been able to heal at all since the patch 4.0.1 rolled out last week.

They have never had to heal without a plugg-in so are lost.