Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Priests are fine. Either the tank was taking too much damage or you didn't heal him enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Oathanvil View Post
    the Eagle boss was easy in fact it was the firebird that got us in trouble and everyone knew the fight and had completed it before just not in the same group as we were all from different servers.

---------- Post added 2011-05-05 at 11:59 AM ----------

Cant run them constant 24/7 lua errors on the Paly I have that I have set to run Healbot or healgrid they have not been updated and are none functional.

If you are getting your out dated mods to run with the lua error reporting off gratz I just don't need a program to do something I enjoy and that's out healing everyone else that needs one. And when they go out of date I don't care obviously as they don't effect me but we currently have guild and Server healers out of the loop because they have not been able to heal at all since the patch 4.0.1 rolled out last week.

They have never had to heal without a plugg-in so are lost.
    I hate to say it, but lol...if you have healers that can't heal because their addons are broke, then that is 2 problems: 1) All healers should be able to heal without addons. It won't be as clean as normal, but should be able to heal. 2) ALL major healing addons have had updates since day 1 of the patch release - just need to learn where to go to update them.

Quote Originally Posted by wiggyhamham View Post
    Something isn't right somewhere. 8.7k hps isn't all that high to be honest. I can easily pull a sustained 10k+ without going OOM and as much as 17-18k hps in short bursts if needed. No my gears not all that great iLvl 352. Another note also 30k crit greater heals are way off the mark, mine crit for 45-60k in a 10man raid. Have you stacked mastery / haste over Spell power and crit chance?
    Just scored this in Baradin Hold killing the PvP loot boss. We downed him in one attempt, as most groups do and I beat out the Druid for heals by a hair, and he is using a healing addon he said and I am as I have posted not using any healing addons!

So healing for those numbers and we cant keep a dork tank up in a new Cata Dungeon again the tank was epx and geared so back to my orignal post of WTF is going on with Blixxard?

PvP ring dropped for me as well nice! It's in the Picture!

Last edited by Oathanvil; 2011-05-05 at 04:56 PM.

So healing for those numbers and we cant keep a dork tank up in a new Cata Dungeon again the tank was epx and geared so back to my orignal post of WTF is going on with Blixxard?
    A lot of things were already mentioned. I'm going to go back to one in particular. If Renew is your largest healing spell, you are not casting the proper spells. It's not possible to keep a tank up with just renew. And never using your chakra serenity spell is not a good thing either. and never using your Heal spell is not good either.

tl;dr Nothing is wrong in the blizzard side, it's your spell choices from the look of that first picture in the start of this thread.

Deleted
    the Eagle boss was easy in fact it was the firebird that got us in trouble and everyone knew the fight and had completed it before just not in the same group as we were all from different servers.
    So we can asume it wasnt tactic error.

Cant run them constant 24/7 lua errors on the Paly I have that I have set to run Healbot or healgrid they have not been updated and are none functional.
    They most certanly were updated Healbot updated 4/20/2011 and HealGrid updated 3/12/2011 both work with 4.1. You can always just find other add-ons which do the same thing (Clique for example) and you seem ignoring what other told you several times you can do it also with in-game mouse-over macros and standard Blizzard grid.

we currently have guild and Server healers out of the loop because they have not been able to heal at all since the patch 4.0.1 rolled out last week.

I find it very unlikely , didn't see anyone complaining about it but you. Same as so called stealth nerfs. Nothing changed.

I beat out the Druid for heals by a hair, and he is using a healing addon he said and I am as I have posted not using any healing addons!
    We dont know if his gear is anywhere yours so that dont prove anything

Also raid healing =/= 5-man healing
    Last edited by mmocd231660b79; 2011-05-05 at 05:02 PM.

As I said in first post Quote! I added a screen shot of the Melee output and my Overall heals....

thats not showing when I did spam Flash Heal on the tank when required, if I had a healing chart that showed nothing but Flash Heal you would complain about that... Flash heal is an emergency heal so its not even going to show in the chart and keeping everyone in party hotted with renew keeps the spike damage under control, esp if you have no mana issues. Lots of Group heals required when those Bosses fire AoE attacks all over the place if the tank is getting ou tof the road I am going to be group healing not spamming Flash heal on him over and over.

---------- Post added 2011-05-05 at 01:59 PM ----------

I will re post this one since you missed it apparently!

Oathanvil copy paste from Curse.com

Average Rating:
    Login to rate content
    Login to save Favorites
    Share.

Healbot

( still using the v3 client? click here to install )

Project Updated:
    6 months ago
    Files Updated: Sun, Oct 31 2010

Supports Game Version: 3.02

Category: Unit Frames, Action Bars, and HUDs

Tags:Health, addon, heal, party, and runes of magic

Project Manager:
    neb0
    Additional Authors: wmrojer
    Current Version:
    Healbot_3.7.8
    License:
    Public Domain

Unless you have a link outside of Curse.com that has those updates you posted?

---------- Post added 2011-05-05 at 02:08 PM ----------

and the guy I out healed is one of the most reputable healers on my server so yes I guess in my mind that was an event and forgot to mention his gear is better then mine and he is in one of the top raid guilds on my server.

Yet again because I know your only purpose here Ksiadz is to sidetrack the post is I level this toon to 85 in 5 man dungeons and I know when each update took place and impact to the Priest class, as for other issues of stealth updates Blizz was caught doing them and also had to make a live patch today in the open to fix two things for Priests the target ring issue causing for one thing Mass dispel to not function correctly and also the Fiend bug.

If you fail to read all the content don't make posts that are not in line with topic or even accurate. you are wasting my time.

---------- Post added 2011-05-05 at 02:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ksiadz View Post
    So we can asume it wasnt tactic error.
    just to follow up if I can heal for that amount as I have said already to the end of BOT or BWD and raised the toon healing nothing but 5 man dungeons until Blizz patch 4.1.0 then they BROKE the class.

There is something very wrong with how the class plays across dungeons to raids and Blizzard has nerfed the class in 5 man content, and all the whining and trying to find ways to explain it away are a waste of my time and yours.

The priest that read the numbers do the content and wear the gear know as I do things are not right with the class.

At the very least the Priest as a Healing class should not be getting slapped around by Blizzard in different content so what they do is so out of balance people with a SET-OF come on here and make them aware of it face to face.

And again anyone that needs a healing add-on for the game is using it as crutch for lack of skills and or to make up for Blizzards increasing Hatred of the Priest and healer classes in the game that a 3rd party UI is required to get their stuff to work for most people so they can cope with content.

Blizzards failure to fix the issues should not force players to fall back on third party software to play the game.

And those are the facts!
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2011-05-06 at 08:48 PM.

I have no issues healing the new 5-mans provided the tank/DPS do their jobs properly. That being said, your job as healer is to make up for their mistakes, so I've found ~14-16k HPS per boss fight to be the average. Consider using PoH/PoM/CoH instead of Renew. BH/GH can be used for single-target spike damage too. Try preserving Renew on the tank with your Chakra Holy Word spell and using your AoE/Direct heals on the DPS and yourself. In addition, get your groups to use Lightwell.

I don't understand what you have been trying to get at oathanvil. To be honest priest healing is more than fine in 5 mans right now as long as people aren't really messing up. Also healing meters aren't effective at all and BH pugs are anything but reliable. I two healed it with a pally did literally every dispell and did over 60% of the healing done at 12k HPS. Just because you can snipe heals before his hots tick doesn't mean that you are "better" than him. Priests are the BEST aoe burst healing class and that is what comprises more than half of the damage of that fight.
    You seem to be attacking everyone that even tries to help you after you came here asking for help. We're not trying to tell you to use crutches or "lolubad" or anything like that. Mouseover macros are very easy to write and increase your output greatly even with no addons. I personally use the blizzard UI raid frames along with mouseover macros so I have had 0 issues with "I can't heal cause my addons don't work" issue.
    You came here asking for help but everytime anyone seems to bring up a possible reason or solution you seem to just rage and say you and only you were ninja nerfed by blizzard. We are offering advice given what you have told us and the information you have provided so please stop being a dick.

10+ Year Old Account
    As I said in first post Quote! I added a screen shot of the Melee output and my Overall heals....
    I will re post this one since you missed it apparently!

Oathanvil copy paste from Curse.com

Average Rating:
    Login to rate content
    Login to save Favorites
    Share.

Healbot

( still using the v3 client? click here to install )

Project Updated:
    6 months ago
    Files Updated: Sun, Oct 31 2010

Supports Game Version: 3.02

Category: Unit Frames, Action Bars, and HUDs

Tags:Health, addon, heal, party, and runes of magic

Project Manager:
    neb0
    Additional Authors: wmrojer
    Current Version:
    Healbot_3.7.8
    License:
    Public Domain

No, I did not miss that. And it does not matter. I tried out Healbot recently for my guide and it was still fully functional. Grid has been updated recently, if I recall correctly, and it wouldn't matter if it wasn't, since you can add buffs and debuffs manually. And the entire part of the discussion is useless anyway, since no-one said you should use Grid/Healbot/Vuhdo. I believe one of the priest moderators heals with the stock UI and mouse-over macros (which you are ignoring in your replies).
    and the guy I out healed is one of the most reputable healers on my server so yes I guess in my mind that was an event and forgot to mention his gear is better then mine and he is in one of the top raid guilds on my server.

Yet again because I know your only purpose here Ksiadz is to sidetrack the post is I level this toon to 85 in 5 man dungeons and I know when each update took place and impact to the Priest class, as for other issues of stealth updates Blizz was caught doing them and also had to make a live patch today in the open to fix two things for Priests the target ring issue causing for one thing Mass dispel to not function correctly and also the Fiend bug.

If you fail to read all the content don't make posts that are not in line with topic or even accurate. you are wasting my time.

---------- Post added 2011-05-05 at 02:19 PM ----------

just to follow up if I can heal for that amount as I have said already to the end of BOT or BWD and raised the toon healing nothing but 5 man dungeons until Blizz patch 4.1.0 then they BROKE the class.

There is something very wrong with how the class plays across dungeons to raids and Blizzard has nerfed the class in 5 man content, and all the whining and trying to find ways to explain it away are a waste of my time and yours.

The priest that read the numbers do the content and wear the gear know as I do things are not right with the class.

At the very least the Priest as a Healing class should not be getting slapped around by Blizzard in different content so what they do is so out of balance people with a SET-OF come on here and make them aware of it face to face.
    There is nothing wrong with the Priest class or the Holy spec. No-one besides you has reported issues they didn't had before. I don't know what your problem is but it seems like you got your ass handed by new content and are now blaming external things. It is indeed true that Holy Priests lack the pure power of a Paladin or Druid, but makes up with that with enough spells for everything. Blizzard did not break the class in 4.1. Nothing has changed, the new dungeons aren't harder to heal than normal raids. Maybe you can't rely on your other healers and that's what is causing your problems.
    Now I don't mean to attack you, but you come here all high and mighty telling us you're an awesome Holy Priest who knows it all, and that you are failing all of a sudden on new content. No-one else is experiencing this, the class wasn't nerfed and you just said it wasn't your group failing, so guess where we will think the problem lies?
    And again anyone that needs a healing add-on for the game is using it as crutch for lack of skills and or to make up for Blizzards increasing Hatred of the Priest and healer classes in the game that a 3rd party UI is required to get their stuff to work for most people so they can cope with content.

Blizzards failure to fix the issues should not force players to fall back on third party software to play the game.
    A healing add-on isn't needed to heal. And it doesn't make healing any easier. If you really think it does, you have no idea what these add-ons actually do. Using Grid or Healbot isn't a sign of Bad Healer or BLIZZARD HATES PRIESTS AND DELIBERATELY MAKES THEIR UI BAD, it's just a personal preference. Most decent or good healers can heal perfectly fine with the default UI, using an add-on just present the information in a way that suits your needs, something that Blizzard doesn't even have to offer since they made the game to work with add-ons.
    And those are the facts!
    No they are not. They are your speculation and superiority complex. Blizzard doesn't hate Priests or Healers. (Holy) Priest weren't stealth nerfed. No-one is experiencing the issues you are.
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2011-05-06 at 08:48 PM.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Holy priest healing is very fine. I managed fine in normal heroics and am managing fine in the new heroics. You have to learn to be confident enough to see when its your healing that is lacking, and when your tank / dps / tactics are failing.

In your case I suspect you had a badly geared tank - check in such cases if they have overstacked on stamina, have resilience gear, use haste, not enough dodge/parry, have proper enchants/gems. After that the question is if they use cd's etc properly. A bad tanks shows in a lot of ways - bad pulls, not waiting for you, bad gear, bad ability usage.

However, your heal pattern as shown on the Op screeny also is suspect. Partyhealing as holy generally is heal and renew, with flash/gheal/etc as emergencies. Maybe healing this tank was one big emergency (which tells how bad the tank was for the encounter, then) but also may point to a wrong heal pattern on your side.

Be confident. Contrary to Wrath, you cant heal everything anymore in Cata. When that is the case, no healer would manage and you can encourage people to play smarter.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Primernova View Post
    Priests are fine, especially Holy for heroics. We have every tool needed, if they are used the right way. Look at his heal breakdown, Renew was #1 then Gheal then Fheal then EoL. That's a slow, high mana cost breakdown. I havn't seen Renew top the chart since ICC and Gheal should never be anywhere near the top 3, it's just too slow and weak. I don't know how is mana was holding up but he also never casted the spamtastic "Heal", this spell sucks by itself but to keep renews rolling all over the place and especially on the tank it's awesome.

Edit for:
    Just noticed he was using Inner Will instead of Inner Fire, Inner Will is for running back after a wipe only OP.
    I disagree with most of this.
    But first, I agree that renew should not be near the top of the meter. Spamming it will run you oom fast. Try a glyphed PWShield followed by a renew, and so long as DPS are above 50% you should be fine. Follow with regular heal spam when u have time.
    For tank on really any boss fight, heal spam also is the way to go. If you have ~2500 spi, you are regenerating mana almost as fast a heal spends it, so its an easy call.
    However, FHeal and GHeal usually are utilized more in the new dungeons, because the trash packs hit a tank so hard that I usually end up spamming 2x FH than a serenity-boosted GH in emergencies, as well as chakra heal (always in "heal" chakra).
    Bosses are usually a different story. Dragonhawk boss you will be able to use mostly heal and chakra heal. The problem may be that your DPS are bad at dodging fire, or the tank is not picking up dragonhawks quickly enough and the fire buffet debuff is hitting your DPS, making for a lot of expensive dispeling.
    Also, I always use Inner Will. The mana discount on instant casts like PWShield, renew, chakra heal, PoM and CoH trumps the throughput offered by inner fire.

EDIT: OP, if you are successfully raid healing, that's good. Keep in mind, though, that you have other healer support in raids. Five-mans are unforgiving in that respect. My advice would be to continue healing as you have, but perhaps be more selective in your use of PWshield and renew to preserve mana. Heal spam is a great thing when you have time for it, though. I have cleared these dungeons about 9 times now, and I find that even the best groups fail from time to time, due either to poor RNG (see: Lynx/dragonhawk Daakara. ugh) or poor decision-making in add management or fire avoidance.

PS - Priests are not nerfed. They are in great shape right now. Wait til they nerf our regen... then there'll be hell to pay.
    Last edited by Theotormon; 2011-05-05 at 06:58 PM.

If renew gets on top due to spamming it, I would agree with the above. But you can also keep up 3 renews at the same time by rotating heal and then you also get renew on top... without spamming it. A great way of keeping melee along with a tank up, with occasional serenity/pom etc.

And just to make sure - a good emergency heal boost is Serenity - flash - flash - gheal. Not the Serenity between flash and gheal .
    Last edited by Leonora; 2011-05-06 at 03:50 PM. Reason: typo

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Priests are fine right now, so not exactly sure why you're frustrated about them specifically.

Tank was ilvl 353, with 351 equipped. Imo, that's bare minimum for the new ZA/ZG instances. If they are trying to lol-wrath-style these instances and chain aoe pull, they they're going to get wrecked. CC isn't optional. As for boss fights, without knowing exactly what happened on any specific fight it's hard to tell. What you can tell by looking at his achievements is that he never tanked original ZA; are you sure he really knows the mechanics of the fights? if he's exploding, then someone is missing something somewhere.

As far as the recount you listed; way more POM required. It's easily in my top 3 when healing 5-mans. I also see a lot of flash heal, which probably means tank was pulling too much to handle with his gear; that shouldn't be a go-to spell, it's an oh-shit spell.

Deleted
    Sure , here is one of them Healbot

Oh i did read your posts alright , your asked for help cause from not apparent reason you started to suck at healing 5-man dungeons and claimed that Blizzard nerfed Priests or just you alone whats is already hilarious idea.

I was just inside another Zul'Garub New CATA dungeon. I have completed both of these Heroic dungeons healing them as Holy Priest back on the 27th and 29th of April.

Since then or more to the point my heals mean nothing in 5 man groups anymore?
    As a Priest I feel inadequate broken used up wasted useless and just sucking lint at this point......what has Blizzard done to this class? Or have they just nerfed me server side?
    All people posting here, told you there was no changes with Priests , update you mention is just a bug fixes. Others tried to help you with your healing , showing you mistakes you make and how to fix them. You ignored them all. Either your tin foil hat is to tight or you just trolling.
    Last edited by mmocd231660b79; 2011-05-05 at 10:04 PM.

Deleted
    Surely this whole thread is basically that Oathanvil needs to start using his Holy Word more? Like at all... Not using your special holy priest ability (which rocks) then complaining that you can't heal much is just crazy talk.

---------- Post added 2011-05-05 at 11:59 AM ----------

If you are getting your out dated mods to run with the lua error reporting off gratz I just don't need a program to do something I enjoy and that's out healing everyone else that needs one. And when they go out of date I don't care obviously as they don't effect me but we currently have guild and Server healers out of the loop because they have not been able to heal at all since the patch 4.0.1 rolled out last week.

If the dragonhawk is casuing you major problems i would put good money on people are taking the flame breath, there aint much you can do as during the course of a fight just 2 ticks can do around 60-70k damage on a slightly debuffed target.

try and see where people are taking damage, if its stuff they can easily avoid, tell them so.

Let me sum up this post:

OP: I am failing at healing, please help.
    Everyone: This is what you are doing wrong.
    OP: I KNOW EVERYTHING AND THE WAY YOU ARE DOING IT IS FOR PEOPLE WITHOUT SKILL!!1

Conclusion; this is a troll.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Kalti View Post
    Let me sum up this post:

OP: I am failing at healing, please help.
    Everyone: This is what you are doing wrong.
    OP: I KNOW EVERYTHING AND THE WAY YOU ARE DOING IT IS FOR PEOPLE WITHOUT SKILL!!1

Conclusion; this is a troll.
    You sir, could be on to something here.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oath, I only read the first page but I have a couple of ideas on what the issue may be.

4.1 broke addons. Did you update them? You might be using Clique and it might not be casting any spells.

Is there any chance that you were not targetting the tank? We have all done it, spamming relentlessly and wondering why the player dies "Oh, had myself targetted lol!".

Could the tank be standing in the bad stuff? For example, the (first) snake boss in ZG with the cone breath which should be side-stepped. When I first healed and first tanked it, I just thought "Jesus Christ, that's a challenge! ROCK THE FUCK ON." On my second run on the tank, the healer could not keep me up and that is when I learned that he actually stays still while channeling.

Interrupts? One group may have that Rogue who cares while another may have a full group of interrupts who don't and won't have it bound.

Is Renew meant to be your top healing ability? I would imagine Heal would be, or Flash Heal in lower gear.

[Posted in a rush, at Uni]
    Last edited by Ultima; 2011-05-06 at 09:56 AM.

Deleted
    BTW: Posting a link for the wrong Addon isn't helpful at all :-)
    wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/heal-bot-continued.aspx