Page 1 of 20
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question If you won $100,000 (100 Grand) but had to spend it in 24hrs, what would u buy?

If you won a comp that gave you a prize of $100,000 but with a catch of 24hrs to spend it or loose it

What would you be buying?

Note 1: You cant invest in anything, it has to be spent off the bat and within the 24hr time limit
    Note 2: Gambling is allowed - You get to keep your winnings which are uneffected by the 24hr limit...#WINNING
    Note 3: Buying 100 grand of WoW game Gold? yeah dun think so guys
    Note 4: Taxes are uneffected by this, you have free use of a full 100k, for those who get effcted by huge Exchange lose, dont worry, you have a full 100k in your bank currencys
    Side note:

Use a currency exchange website to convery 100k into your currency value, Xe.com will help you

Ie: 100,000 AU to USD = 977,678
    Last edited by Romire; 2011-05-05 at 09:22 PM.
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

That's about £60k sterling - probably a new car. Quite like some of the new Jaguars :-)

Erm, I dunno, since Im only 16 usually if I won any big amount of money I would save it for the future. But if I HAD to spend it quickly, Id first buy VIP backstage tickets to download festival, possibly a car for when I learn to drive, erm, dunno what else. Its hard with only 24 hrs.

Deleted
    Gold, the price is still rising so it's an investment and I did spend the money.

Deleted
    Silver is the way forward though! Gold is rising aye, but in the long run silver would be the best choice

Quote Originally Posted by Treyaleb View Post
    Gold, the price is still rising so it's an investment and I did spend the money.
    Anyone who doesn't say this hasn't thought this through properly. It's like, "what would you wish for if you could have 1 wish?" If you say anything other than "more wishes", you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Treyaleb View Post
    Bonds, like gold, but no storage fees or messy security to worry about.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

I think I would pay off my loans.

I would buy stock. And bank more off of it. That is of course if that is allowed in the rules. If not I would prob. buy a cheap auctioned off house for 20/30k and spend the rest fixing it up then re-saling it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure he meant actually spend it in non-investments.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

10+ Year Old Account
    after taxes in USA it would be around 60k so...

8.5k to pay off my car
    30k to pay off my education- BA
    15k to pay off my second BS

Whoops:
    have to spend in it 24 hrs- invest with the rest or a vaca...probably both lol

I'd spend it all on hookers and cocaine, then get fired from my million-dollar an episode job.

After, I'd go crazy and rant to anyone and everyone who could listen.

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    I'm pretty sure he meant actually spend it in non-investments.
    Well then he should've said that

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    down payment on a new house.
    100k is easy to spend

MMMM... I'd by a 50 thousand dollar car (probably one of these new electric thingies), spend 15 grand on the best gaming rig/entertainment package money could buy, then call up a girl that I like, and take her on an all expense paid first class trip to anywhere she wants to go in the world... and somehow sneak 10 grand out of the pack to actually pay those expenses :P

drop 20k on a BiS server/gaming box of doom with theatre setup

pay my rent for the next year or so and or put a chunky deposit on a house depending on if i find a good one

then prob holiday monies

I had 100 Grand, I would eat it.

Reverend... I love your sig. <3