Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyxo View Post
    They increased haunt Damage by 30% and doubled the dispel damage of UA. I'd say that's a pretty significant change.
    Then you need to play your lock more. The Haunt damage buff was the direct damage, not the dot increasing damage effect.

It is only the Felhunter that is being buffed as affliction. Nothing else. Arguably, UA. After the hotfix, I don't know how much it performs now, but it was too high with the initial buff and as I pointed out, it covered fear and most of frost mage's debuffs which of course generated a huge amount of QQ.

As for the OP, locks are good in 3v3. But that's about it. Unless you arena, don't roll the class since you can't kill anyone that is not AFK. Even if they are AFK, you need to have at least 30 secs to kill someone, and requiring 3 stacks of Shadow Embrace (lol if you spec for it in pvp).

I am so pissed with arenas now. The spec is so damn boring with being balanced around multi-target damage, while you're single target damage sucks so hard. Too bad we are balanced in it.

In BGs, you can make the other specs work, as long as they are not healers or they are just too stupid not to mash that dispel button. But they are not half as fun either, since the number of interrupts are just overwhelming and ruining this game.

go pve tbh.

TL;DR in arenas, you are most likely a dispel protection bot and a fear bot. get used to it.
    Last edited by sugarfree; 2011-05-09 at 02:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's alright, you don't really have high survivability...I wish we had an "ohshit" button :/

UA is awful blizz fails

Quote Originally Posted by jaelrin View Post
    So, when I meet affliction warlock+healer in 2v2 arena, what should I (rogue) do? Try to kill felhunter, try to kill warlock, try to kill his healer?
    That warlock is food against you. Get his initial playstyle, if he doesn't juke around, then much easier for you. Interrupt him. Don't worry about your healer, since locks dont have drain mana anymore, his mana would be the least of his worries.

Anyway, you might be in for a long fight unless you line up your cooldown accordingly. Strategize with your team mate. The lock won't be killing anyone especially if your partner is a healer, or worse, a resto shaman.

i played 2v2 with a disc priest, we cant keep the pressure needed to kill a healer/dps combo, even with the buffs we got. a dps/dps we stand a chance but even then it doesnt work properly!

Amazing, as always.

---------- Post added 2011-05-09 at 02:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post
    Then you need to play your lock more. The Haunt damage buff was the direct damage, not the dot increasing damage effect.

It is only the Felhunter that is being buffed as affliction. Nothing else. Arguably, UA. After the hotfix, I don't know how much it performs now, but it was too high with the initial buff and as I pointed out, it covered fear and most of frost mage's debuffs which of course generated a huge amount of QQ.

As for the OP, locks are good in 3v3. But that's about it. Unless you arena, don't roll the class since you can't kill anyone that is not AFK. Even if they are AFK, you need to have at least 30 secs to kill someone, and requiring 3 stacks of Shadow Embrace (lol if you spec for it in pvp).

I am so pissed with arenas now. The spec is so damn boring with being balanced around multi-target damage, while you're single target damage sucks so hard. Too bad we are balanced in it.

In BGs, you can make the other specs work, as long as they are not healers or they are just too stupid not to mash that dispel button. But they are not half as fun either, since the number of interrupts are just overwhelming and ruining this game.

go pve tbh.

TL;DR in arenas, you are most likely a dispel protection bot and a fear bot. get used to it.
    Affliction also got a flat 10% DAMAGE INCREASE with that patch too. A lot of classes would be happy about those buffs. All warlocks seem to do is whine, when they have never had a bad season.

Affliction is the best pvp spec, in bgs you are good paired with another dps and healer, kinda useless alone, pretty bad in 2s, great in 3s, not so sure about 5s.

Lock is still a very friendly class to get 2200-2600 with in 3s.

Other classes are very strong right now which makes it seem slightly underpowered, but it isn't terrible. Most healers still start matches spamming dispel, but eventually they stop and will get behind. Right now it relies on having a decent partner for additional pressure, but with many teams still designed around early pressure and short matches, any prolonged match is favorable to the lock team. There is just so much damage put out throughout the match, and they still have great control. You can pair locks with a multitude of healer/dps combos and still do pretty well.
    Top 100.

Deleted
    Just did a few 2v2 matches with a random feral guy and I think we're rather fine atm. Affliction that is, going to try destro for some bgs since dotting everybody and everything isnt all that amusing. I also got the feeling (in bgs) of decent survivability now that my resi is high combined with demon armor against melees. Before 4.1 I did 2v2 with a rogue friend and we did rather good those few matches we got the cc down properly.

Eh warlocks only have one real viable spec to play in arena, affliction. Demo is just bad in general, and destro, while viable at lower rating, is just too easily countered. No one will let you sit there and free cast, and you can't really burst someone down in a few seconds anymore. In BGs you can play destro just fine and explode people, but you will be targeted quite frequently, because you are highly squishy, and easy to slow/chase/kill.

Deleted
    Warlocks are AWESOME!

IF;

- You have a healer that can babysit you (2s)
    or
    - You have 1 or 2 teammates that can babysit you (3s)

Otherwise just roll a fotm faceroll class like frost mage or warrior for success in pvp

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't done too much pvp in 4.0+, but I have decent gear (3.4k resil) and I was tearing up bgs all last ni

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonlockMG View Post
    I haven't done too much pvp in 4.0+, but I have decent gear (3.4k resil) and I was tearing up bgs all last ni
    Everyone can act like gods in battlegrounds. It doesnt mean that they are viable in arenas tho...

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood888 View Post
    Eh warlocks only have one real viable spec to play in arena, affliction. Demo is just bad in general, and destro, while viable at lower rating, is just too easily countered. No one will let you sit there and free cast, and you can't really burst someone down in a few seconds anymore. In BGs you can play destro just fine and explode people, but you will be targeted quite frequently, because you are highly squishy, and easy to slow/chase/kill.
    Why does everyone always point out we only have 1 "viable" spec in arenas? That is the same for a lot of classes. Viable means different things to different people. Viable to me means 2200-2400, because there are tons of teams with retarded make ups that can get t2 weapons, and it is fairly easy to get there. Yes, a lot of us miss destro in arena's, but don't act like warlock is the only class that only has one good spec to use right now. Also, locks are far from squishy.
    Top 100.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wakarimas View Post
    Everyone can act like gods in battlegrounds. It doesnt mean that they are viable in arenas tho...
    That's also very true, but I was getting handled pretty bad in at the begining of cata and all the way up to the haunt/ua buff. That's the biggest reason i stopped doing BG's for a while. The reason I only do BGs, and not arena is due to the fact that i'm horrible at arena. I tend to panic very easily for some reason and it usually gets me killed. So I stay out of them, lol. I've tried doing RBGs, and maybe it was due to a bad group... but I didn't really like it all that much, or maybe it is due to the fact that I don't like to play to the objective of the game and I just like to go around killing people.

In anycase, I think I can actually get back into random BG que again now and have fun again. It just wasn't fun being handled that bad at the begining of cata. The only way we were able to get anything done in BG's is by bringing a pocket healer in with us. Though that can be said for a lot of people, there are just so many classes with far better dmg & survivability when they are solo. Don't get me wrong, i'm not complaining that we lack power and survivability.... just not so much solo as other classes.

Warlocks are the strongest caster class in 3v3.

I rarely PvP, but I don't think we are doing well. Affliction seems to be the only viable spec, but against anyone with a dispel, you aren't going to kill anyone. I wish they would make the other specs more viable in PvP; I really don't enjoy affliction.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    Warlocks are the strongest caster class in 3v3.
    Right after mage...

Right after mage...
    They are pretty close. It is not very accurate, but in my BG armory lists 54 teams with a mage above 2k, of which about 30 above 2200. While there are 45lock teams above 2k, with 30 above 2200.
    Top 100.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    I rarely PvP, but I don't think we are doing well. Affliction seems to be the only viable spec, but against anyone with a dispel, you aren't going to kill anyone. I wish they would make the other specs more viable in PvP; I really don't enjoy affliction.
    Affliction is the only viable spec for arena as far as I know... but destro and Demo still wreck people in unrated BGs.

Right after mage...
    I'm pretty sure aff locks overtook mages in 3v3 bracket as the best caster class, even with the buffs they got to frost.