Help me find a new Hard Drive.

So, as the title would lead you to believe, I'm in the market for a new hard drive. My computer is a bit on the old side now, and I find I'm both running out of space and concerned about how much longer my current one will last. It's still chugging along but gets a little overwhelmed anymore at times. My current is only 160 GB, but has lasted me well.

I currently have an Dell Dimension E521. Only thing I've ever replaced so far has been the RAM which I replaced with http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820145527 and the graphics card was replaced with... well, some Nvidia one my friend gave me.

Not looking for cutting edge expensive as it's an old machine, but something reliable that will last me another while. I don't game more than trying to keep a Minecraft server up for my fiancee and I, and occasionally something like L4D or Borderlands. Something that could keep those two running at the same time without any major problems would be ideal. Say, no more than $80 or so.

In before the "lolbuyanewcomputer" crowd, as we're saving for a home and the wedding, we've more important things to spend money on.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

Deleted
    Samsung Spinpoint F3 1000GB hard drive; should satisfy both your speed, size, and price concern, and they're reliable as far as HDDs go. It is pretty much as close to 'cutting edge' as you'll get without going for a 10k RPM drive, but you won't save much at all by going for anything less, particularly long term.
    Last edited by mmoca371db5304; 2011-05-05 at 05:00 PM.

^ or the HITACHI Deskstar 5K3000 are the best of the best. Hitachi is 2tb and 20 dollars more, but if you need only a tb, go with the samsung.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkXale View Post
    Samsung Spinpoint F3 1000GB hard drive; should satisfy both your speed, size, and price concern, and they're reliable as far as HDDs go. It is pretty much as close to 'cutting edge' as you'll get without going for a 10k RPM drive, but you won't save much at all by going for anything less, particularly long term.
    I use this... it's so fast
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I'm partial to the WD Black 500gb and 1tbs.
    http://www.orphanguild.com/ - SWTOR Guild US West Coast PvP

Great, I'll look into those.

Anyone else have any further feedback on either or other suggestions in the meanwhile?

Thanks guys.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822136795

This is a really good drive. Plus it has a 5yr warranty