Thread: Ret BIS weapon

Ret BIS weapon

http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=70723

I found Ret's new BiS weapon for 4.2.... DROOL

Good to know so as per normal endtier bosses ragnaros will have higher level items, thus his heroic version should be very close to 400 ilevel give or take. with a top end of 4150, normal falling in 3800 range. Very nice indeed I'm quite pleased with it, and sockets / no expertise to boot.

This trend keeps up a heroic 3.8 speed weapon in T14 is going to be just shy of 6000 top end.

The best part is now there is no need to grind arena for a heroic weapon since Rags normal loot table is 391 by itself, thanks blizzard and LOL at PVP getting shafted on by PVE having a vastly superior weapon yet again.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2011-05-05 at 08:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Handsylton View Post
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=70723

I found Ret's new BiS weapon for 4.2.... DROOL
    It will undoubtedly be BiS for any 2H Melee class, DK tanks included (Which is kinda dumb, I know). Unless he drops another 2H melee weapon (which I doubt). You will be facing a decent amount of competition for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    It will undoubtedly be BiS for any 2H Melee class, DK tanks included (Which is kinda dumb, I know). Unless he drops another 2H melee weapon (which I doubt). You will be facing a decent amount of competition for it.
    I am the only plate dps in a 13/13 guild,

10+ Year Old Account
    A maximum of 520 Strength,with crit and mastery?!

It hurts my soul greatly knowing that I'll probably never have one.

heh heh 420 strength, I hope that number is everywhere in patch 4.2.
    I mean, a main plot point is growing trees.
    OnTopic: Does this mean I'll have to replace my zinrokh? =[

Quote Originally Posted by quesadilla View Post
    heh heh 420 strength, I hope that number is everywhere in patch 4.2.
    I mean, a main plot point is growing trees.
    OnTopic: Does this mean I'll have to replace my zinrokh? =[
    Assuredly you can do H. Magmaw and get a 372 Akirus before now and then!

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    I am the only plate dps in a 13/13 guild,
    Lucky. I've got another Ret, two DKs, and a warrior to compete against. =P

Deleted
    I also have quite some competition, but they all know who's gonna get it first ! *brb bribing officers*

That's so mine, my guild owes me one weapon drop of my choosing after getting ninja'd last week

15+ Year Old Account
    i only hope the flavor text is on the regular version too. i remember in ICC the amazing sword from LK....no flavor text except on heroic, ofc, i never got it
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    First DK tank i see with this ill slap silly, weps for dks are stat sticks, just like they're for Hunters (vs feral druids). DPS primarly benefit from weapons. Only reason why DK tanks "should" get this over any 2h melee dps is if they already have it or the DK have threat issues, but let's be reasonable.. when is that ever going to happen? :S

Deleted
    I will cry if any dktank gets this before me

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    The best part is now there is no need to grind arena for a heroic weapon since Rags normal loot table is 391 by itself, thanks blizzard and LOL at PVP getting shafted on by PVE having a vastly superior weapon yet again.
    My warrior's been using PvE weapons instead of PvP ones ever since S6, so there's hardly any point in the "yet again" being there. As a warrior, and sometimes as a DK/ret, top end PvE weapons have always been a very mandatory part of doing well in arena. It's stupid, but that's just how Blizzard rolls.

Good stuff, more ontopic, the warrior I do 3's with has (very fast) acess to the best gear in the game every time new content is release so it'll be fun to see how much damage he can dish out with the heroic version of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    First DK tank i see with this ill slap silly, weps for dks are stat sticks, just like they're for Hunters (vs feral druids). DPS primarly benefit from weapons. Only reason why DK tanks "should" get this over any 2h melee dps is if they already have it or the DK have threat issues, but let's be reasonable.. when is that ever going to happen? :S
    Let's see, large chunk of mastery?

Yup.

Large chunk of stamina, plus gem slots?

Yup again.

Huge amount of agility that can be reforged into dodge?

Oh you bet your ass that's a checkaroo.

Sorry, but it's looking pretty damn sweet for DKs as near as I can tell.

Probably what will be BiS though would be an agility weapon with about the same stats or with higher mastery since they will be getting more dodge from agility than parry from strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post

Yup.

Yup again.

Probably what will be BiS though would be an agility weapon with about the same stats or with higher mastery since they will be getting more dodge from agility than parry from strength.
    Looking pretty sweet is not being optimal for the class, yes, this mace is very good for DK tanks, but it has a wasted stat, crit, yes you can reforge, but it's 60% of a stat lost, and the red socket + bonus are clearly stating that the mace is for DPS not tank, maybe it's good for tanking, even BiS, but if a guild gives this mace to a DK tank before a melee... wait, they probably won't kill Raggy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post

Yup.

Yup again.

What agility? Also you can't reforge agility.