Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    High school was ok for me i was One of those Choir/theater peeps yet i was on the varsity football team so much fun and memories

My High School experience was ok. I attended a High School specifically for the emtionally challeneged (prone to starting fights and the such). My classmates were basically the same over the course of the years (lost a few to incarceration, 1 to murder and a few to armed robery) so we all knew each other pretty well. If anything I disliked the attention I got from the teachers because of my intelligence, getting perfect scores on most of your state tests is nice and all but it is annoying when you have to hear your name over the intercom so frequently.

Deleted
    My High School experience... It wasn't very memorable at best. Other then a few accidents or peak moments, that is.

Generally though, I was really just an average joe. I had a few friends I stuck with, I didn't really get involved with any particular group, and I wasn't really successful or popular with the ladies. The only reason somebody would know me was either for something stupid that I had recently done, or for the fact that I was a part of the only twin in High School.

So far I find my college experience far more enjoyable though, even with a chronic disease. Yes, that's how unmemorable my High School experience was.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hated every moment of it. The only way you enjoy High School is if you're human trash.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    Hated every moment of it. The only way you enjoy High School is if you're human trash.
    Or if you make an attempt to be friendly to people.

Drinking, drugs, and a handful of other regrets. Fun times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah highschool, long time ago.... (Last year was my last year now doing course for an IT diploma).
    Average kid, sometimes hyper sometimes asleep in class, just one of those average guys that is average and never ever learns before a test but always able to pass it. Got enough friends and know a lot of people I hang out with sometimes. And for some reason last 3 years (with this year taken) been in an all guys class always good and never any girls ruining the throw an orange through the classroom (yes we throw with fruit from time to time, especially, during the lessons with the hallf deaf teacher).

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Or if you make an attempt to be friendly to people.
    Or... you're mileage may vary.

High school never stops. You still deal with the same issues as an adult too. The working world has the same cliques and groups. The convicts, rebels, loners, geeks, hipsters, goths, partygoers, etc.

Slept through most of high school... Didn't talk much but still seemed to be pretty popular, but still had a group of close friends. Maybe people liked me because I wasn't an asshole like most people at my school.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    Or... you're mileage may vary.
    What do you mean exactly? Being honestly friendly with a wide variety of people makes it very difficult not to be liked. How enjoyable high school is is mostly about interpersonal connections with the other people there(especially considering how easy the material you have to learn is, which makes the schooling aspect almost an afterthought). If somebody has a predisposition to hate something, then it doesn't shock me that they ended up hating it, which is usually only half true anyways. That only perpetuates the "problem" so many people see with "the system", which is rather silly if you ask me. I guess I don't understand why people wouldn't want to just go out and make some friends with people not in their comfort zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    What do you mean exactly? Being honestly friendly with a wide variety of people makes it very difficult not to be liked. How enjoyable high school is is mostly about interpersonal connections with the other people there(especially considering how easy the material you have to learn is, which makes the schooling aspect almost an afterthought). If somebody has a predisposition to hate something, then it doesn't shock me that they ended up hating it, which is usually only half true anyways. That only perpetuates the "problem" so many people see with "the system", which is rather silly if you ask me. I guess I don't understand why people wouldn't want to just go out and make some friends with people not in their comfort zone.
    Might I ask how many schools you attended while growing up, or how many times you happened to have your place of residence change?

Might I ask how many schools you attended while growing up, or how many times you happened to have your place of residence change?
    I might ask you the same question.

What does that have to do with anything I'm saying? I'm not crucifying anybody who didn't like high school, I'm just making the point that you're not "human trash" for actually enjoying it(not referring to your posts).

I dont really understand all the freshman years and all that in american highschools...
    But yeah im in yr 11 now and im loving it. Met some amazing people and yeah.
    Year 7-10 was ok, years got better as i got older and made new friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    You spend 4 years in it? you said freshman sophmore junior and senior.
    We only have 3. grade 10 11 12.

Well 10 was like your first year, scared to talk to anyone had one friend who was the first person i met waiting in the hall for my first class.
    At grade 11 we started drifting.

Grade 11 had hardly anyone to talk to my friend and me met other ppl but i was still to nervous.
    Most of the rest of the grade is a blur of schoolwork. till second half and i got a crush on a Chinese girl.

Grade 12 joined the Chinese girl's social period and took Chinese class, but before i could ask her out
    School was over, we all lost contact, 9/11 had just happened and i got blamed for some fake fire alarms when i pulled one to stop some bullies.

Quote Originally Posted by helicoptermadeofdraculas View Post
    High school was stupid I'm glad I'm an adult now and am an unemployed alcoholic
    hear hear!

Quote Originally Posted by Fuger View Post
    I might ask you the same question.
    three for highschool and about 6 for kindergarten through 6th grade.

Honestly, I think I wound up developing into something most of the "mainstream" students were terrified of.... someone who could read. English is an interesting class when only two people in the room understand what's going on.

15+ Year Old Account
    My high school experience was pretty good. I had a good variety of friends. I'd say I knew the majority of the people in my class of near 500 people. I of course was in a little clique of friends that knew a lot of what was going on or happening. A lot of social doors open even though I come off a little shy sometimes. My friends kept boasting me so I became friends with their friends. Played sports bball/football/tennis so I kept busy. Met a girl during summer school (math sucks!!!) she was a year ahead of me. Went out until my senior year cuz she went away for school.

Teachers were great although couple were awkward. One substitute pissed me off enough I stormed out in front of my anatomy class and the door handle broke the wall. (she singled me out and took away my iPod while everyone else was talking and fucking around) didn't even get in trouble lol. Best thing thought high school was that the cheerleaders always sat next to us on breaks and we would always interact with them. Other than that we always ordered pizza on Thursday. security guards we're not happy to say the least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bad. Always got stuck with 2-3 study halls each semester where I knew nobody. 3 hours a day of just sleeping or trying not to feel awkward sitting by myself.
    I'm glad my teachers liked me though; my grades were very poor because of my work habits (I stopped caring in the 7th grade. Nothing was really new after that), but I managed to pass through 'extra credit'. By that, I mean all of my final grades were based on a small amount of extra credit work averaged with my final grades. I passed every class with at least an A-
    Temple of Light-ShadowsongUS
    Get Along Gang-ShadowsongUS (Disbanded)
    ~Alanaria~:::Cyclønite:::Thelek