Thread: Macro tooltips

Macro tooltips

Hi,
    For abilities in stealth i use a shift modifier to use slice and dice/recuperate for instance when im in stealth or shadowdancing. Now i have this macro for instance:

#showtooltip Ambush
    /cast [mod:shift] Slice and Dice
    /stopmacro [mod:Shift]
    /cast Premeditation
    /cast Ambush

#showtooltip
    /cast [mod:Shift] Recuperate
    /stopmacro [mod:Shift]
    /cleartarget
    /targetenemyplayer
    /cast Sap

With the first macro, i have it to show ambush tooltip always, because otherwise when in stealth, it shows premediation tooltip. But now when i press shift, the tooltip ofcourse stays on stealth, but I want it to change to slice and dice tooltip when i hold shift.
    I dont have this problem with the second macro ofcourse.

Ty in advance

EDIT: I dont mean tooltips. Well I kinda do, but i mean the buttons you see on your actionbar
    Last edited by Dephilia; 2011-05-06 at 06:43 AM.

I believe if you change the first line in your first macro to read

#showtooltip [stealth] Ambush

It should work as I believe you want it to. This should show the tooltip and ability icon for Ambush while you are stealthed, rather than Premeditation, and also show the Slice and Dice tooltip and icon when you use your Shift key modifier.

Nope, it doesnt. Can you make it like #showtooltip [stealth] ambush and then showtooltip [mod:shift]recup?
    But I want it to show ambush in shadowdance too, isnt that stance 3? so stance 2 and 3? and how do i do that in a macro?

#showtooltip [mod:shift]Slice and Dice;Ambush

#showtooltip [mod:shift]Recuperate;Sap

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

I'm a little confused with your last post Dephilia, you posted 2 macro's, requesting the 1st one to be changed so that it would display Ambush in Stealth, and now you are requesting it to also have Recuperate which is only in your 2nd macro, please clarify what you want it to do.

To make your first macro also show Ambush while in Shadowdance, you will need to use Stance conditions, rather than just a Stealth condition. Stance 1 is Stealth, and Stance 3 is Shadowdance:

#showtooltip [stance1/3] Ambush

As the #showtooltip only has conditions for it displaying Ambush, whenever you aren't in Stealth or Shadowdance, it should show the tooltip for the first spell in the macro which doesn't have any conditionals, which would be your Premeditation.

Quote Originally Posted by Draemon View Post
    I'm a little confused with your last post Dephilia, you posted 2 macro's, requesting the 1st one to be changed so that it would display Ambush in Stealth, and now you are requesting it to also have Recuperate which is only in your 2nd macro, please clarify what you want it to do.

To make your first macro also show Ambush while in Shadowdance, you will need to use Stance conditions, rather than just a Stealth condition. Stance 1 is Stealth, and Stance 3 is Shadowdance:

As the #showtooltip only has conditions for it displaying Ambush, whenever you aren't in Stealth or Shadowdance, it should show the tooltip for the first spell in the macro which doesn't have any conditionals, which would be your Premeditation.
    You forget ":", it is [stance:1/3]

Quote Originally Posted by Lich King
    "You speak of justice? Of cowardice? I will show you the justice of the grave... and the true meaning of fear."

Quote Originally Posted by Draemon View Post

Sorry, I ment it to show ambush in stealth and slice and dice out of stealth!

---------- Post added 2011-05-07 at 05:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    #showtooltip [mod:shift]Slice and Dice;Ambush

#showtooltip [mod:shift]Recuperate;Sap
    It worked. Many muchos thanks =)