Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Halfus 10 man hc

Hey guys, so i looked around a bit on the other post on halfus fight for tips how to do it. But my question is like are we doing anything wrong?

Our raid setup is

warrior tanks x2
    Boomkin
    Hunter x2
    warr dps
    feral dps
    1 paladin healer (sometimes 2 and we switch the shammy)
    1 resto druid
    1 shaman

We take halfus, release nether,whelps and storm rider. nuke whelps down then storm rider, then just before stormrider is dead we pop time warden.

i dont have a WOL i am affraid, but our druid healers is pushing 14k healing and the paladins like 9-11 k healing, avrage dps is 19 k on all dps.

We do fail a bit usually there is 1 dps who is dying and efter a while 1 tank is going down. When we have 2 pally healers we rotate BoP on tanks. But do you need the pallys or can you do it another way?

And the real question by this that i wrote can you see anything that seemes wrong even without a WOL?

Best regards Wellko

Deleted
    BoP is really a helpfull thing on this fight. It helps you lose the stacks a lot faster.
    Let the Tanks rotate Rallying Cry if people get low. And considering you got a fury war he can also Rallying cry a 3rd time.

Stood in the Fire chase_the_mofo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Replace boomkin with rogue, go melee train or with DK. Druid with priest (discipline) and you got yourself a kill.
    From all things I've lost I miss my mind the most.

Deleted
    There's a lot of these threads around, why don't you just look at them instead of making a new one?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...HC-Halfus-Help

Deleted
    Hey, i think its advisable to use 3 tanks for the fight, what we did is geard up our fury warrior a decent set of tanking gear, since in heroic you have to release quite a few drakes its to much damage and to many mobs for 2 tanks to handle..
    We have..
    1 Pally Tank
    1 DK Tank
    1 Warrior tank

Pally picks up whelps + time
    DK picks up Halfus + storm
    Warrior picks Nether

Once a few drakes are down DPS on halfus wont be an issue, on my pally tank i hit him for 230k with all the drakes down so im pushing 30-35k DPS, Your dps classes should be pushing 60-70k

Doing it this way as long as the tanks have the macro to taunt halfus without any trouble of targeting him it should be fine, all 3 tanks swapping on 6 stacks.

/Tar Halfus Wyrmbreaker
    /Cast (name of taunt)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chase_the_mofo View Post
    Replace boomkin with rogue, go melee train or with DK. Druid with priest (discipline) and you got yourself a kill.
    The OP just named his setup. Dont start changing his setup since he ask for pointers and not WHO SHOULD WE REPLACE!

Deleted
    We did it with my guild 2 days ago.
    You actually might want to think about using 3 tanks instead of 1.

We have our halfus tank standing at the stairs. Then i MD to him so it will take some time before first debuff get on.
    Our 2nd tank relaeses the Nether scion and goes to stand with the halfus tank. They change tanking to loose the debuffs.

The 3rd tank will release time warden, and start getting aggro on that one fast.
    Your 2nd hunter should fre the storm rider and MD to the 3rd tank.

Kill order will be Time warden>Storm>Whelps>Nether>Halfus

Dont pop BL before you go on the boss since. when you have killed the drakes he will take increased dmg, and most of your dps should be able
    to push around 40k each.

I think thats about it.

Gl
    -Flammen

the dps seems a bit low. is that the dps until 2 drakes are down or even when 3 drakes are down? 2 warri tanks is not the optimum, but if BoP rotation works, its ok. do your warriors have the T&V trinket with dodge on use effect? it helps to slowdown the stacking a little bit.
    And for healer setup: I would prefer a shaman over the 2nd pally, but i think you need 2 BoP until 2nd drake is down.
    Is one of your Hunters able to "pet-heroism"? that would help a lot during the crucial starting phase.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flammen View Post

We have our halfus tank standing at the stairs. Then i MD to him so it will take some time before first debuff get on.
    Our 2nd tank relaeses the Nether scion and goes to stand with the halfus tank. They change tanking to loose the debuffs.

The 3rd tank will release time warden, and start getting aggro on that one fast.

Dont pop BL before you go on the boss since. when you have killed the drakes he will take increased dmg, and most of your dps should be able
    to push around 40k each.

I think thats about it.

Gl
    -Flammen
    might not be a bad idea to pop BL right off the bat to get the whelps/1drake down asap to take make it a lil easier for healers.

This is alot easier with 3 tanks imo, maybe you could use the feral as a third tank?

The way we do it with 3 tanks is: druid pulls Halfus with FFF, kites him to the stairs and uses Stampeding Roar to run back to the cage when he casts his aoe (interrupted at the end of the cast) - then pops his dodge trinket. Another tank releases the whelps on pull, and we nuke them down asap. The third tank gets Storm Rider and Nether Scion... Once the whelps are dead, the whelp tank taunts Halfus while the druid tank releases Time Warden. The Halfus tank usually have ~8 stacks at this moment.

From this point, raid dmg should decrease (everybody can move out of fire) and the critical part of the encounter is mostly over. Kill the 2 drakes tanked by the third tank, while Halfus and Time Warden get rotated according to Malevolent Strike stacks... Then kill Time Warden. The third tank releases Slate Dragon when Halfus enters phase 2, and tank him until Halfus is dead (stuns from Slate is awesome)...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    might not be a bad idea to pop BL right off the bat to get the whelps/1drake down asap to take make it a lil easier for healers.
    Our healers really dont have any problems before the boss starts to do fury, so we prefer to get as much dps on halfus as possible

Deleted

to push around 40k each.

I think thats about it.

Gl
    -Flammen
    I would advice to Pop hero at the start. Drakes need 2 die fast because thats the hardest part of the fight. We did HC halfus yesterday with me (arms) as a steady interrupter on the fight. And I accedentally pushed Halfus to 50% with 1 drake still alive. So BL at P2 will not be used very wlel anyway thanks to the stun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Youwow View Post
    I would advice to Pop hero at the start. Drakes need 2 die fast because thats the hardest part of the fight. We did HC halfus yesterday with me (arms) as a steady interrupter on the fight. And I accedentally pushed Halfus to 50% with 1 drake still alive. So BL at P2 will not be used very wlel anyway thanks to the stun.
    Well we got 4 dps thats around 30-35k at the first 1-2 minute of the fight without BL. So we save it for when we have increased dps + all our dps on the boss

Deleted
    2 tanks, don't AoE at all, unless it's a very minor single target dps decrease in doing so. Have your damage dealers burn the drakes one at a time while your tanks cleaves and AoEs kill the whelps.

This way you decrease the tank dtps much faster. Pop hero whenever you see fit, although I'd suggest sub 50% just to get a faster kill.

Deleted
    No offense, but the only thing that can kill a DPS there is fire... tell your guys to move out of it, you'll need the numbers it seems.

Switching is doable without HoP, but it requires halfus and the other tank to be spread quite far apart. With a few seconds left on the debuff, the other tank taunts then starts running/intervene/leaps away from the fatty, while being misdirected preferably (the DPS shouldn't really aggro because they'll be too busy with drakes to single target Halfus). It's a bit RNG though. If Halfus somehow catches up to you too early, pop your best evasion cd's and hope for the reset.

Your dps' priority should be - as always - staying alive. If someone dies, rez ASAP, otherwise the attempt will most probably fail. 10 man raiding is all about not dying this tier and you can rarely afford even one person less.

Did this last night for the first time.

We used a Protection Warrior and Blood DK.
    We got our Fury warrior to go Prot (Average ilvl only 353) as well. (This was me, the fight is a clusterfff....)

We released Storm Rider, Nether Scion and Time Warden. Our main prot warrior picked those up and tanked them until death, releasing whelps as the first drake went down. (Time warden was tricksed onto him, Nether Scion was MD'd onto him).

Then, our 2nd Prot warrior (me) and the Blood DK would alternate between tanking Halfus to 5 stacks of debuff, with whoever wasn't tanking doing the interrupt of Shadow Nova.

We used Time Warp as the 1st drake went down.

Our resto druid pushed 17k hps, Disc Priest pushed 11k hps and resto shammy pushed 9k hps. Don't think we had anyone die at all.

In total, he died on the 5th pull. First one was just to create our own set of tactics.

In short: 3rd tank, whether it be that fury warrior, or the feral.

Deleted
    Well we got 4 dps thats around 30-35k at the first 1-2 minute of the fight without BL. So we save it for when we have increased dps + all our dps on the boss
    The thing is Hero is 45s and the stun in on a 20s CD and it will last for like 6 sec total. So you are missing out 12s of valuable hero. The dragons are the most dangerous in P1. Once all the whelps are dead pop hero and nuke the remaining 3 drakes. Have 1 steady inrettuper on Halfus to push him.

My guild got him on the first nigt on him, 3 tanks:
    Pally on storm + nether
    Warrior on welps
    Druid on halfus
    Once druid is on 8 stacks, most whelps should be dead (we bl for this) and warrior takes halfus, druid releasea time and dps swap to storm. Druid and warrior swap halfus and time till storm dies, then pally takes time and nether till they die. Once youre here its easy till 50%, there have a mage or a paladin rotation for interrupts and you got yourself a kill (if you dont hit berzerk)

Quote Originally Posted by Youwow View Post
    Or you know, you could learn to use focus interrupt and hero wouldnt be wasted once drakes are down. We kill all drakes and whelps without sacrifising any bloodlust popping it after they're dead

We do it with 3 tanks. Release everything with exception of slate. Nuke everything down, starting with AoE for whelps and single target afterwards. When last drake about to die, slate is released and off-tanked+dots from boomkin for his procs. Rotation of tanks+BoP, that way first stacks are dropped without changing tanks on halfus. Tank rotation starts roughly few seconds after whelps die.

http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat/19210289#damageout