Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    Deleted

[WoW EU] Login Servers Down - Information & Updates

Hello,

I'll keep this thread updated with the latest developments regarding the current downtime of the EU Login Servers. I see a couple of threads, but none of them have this information on the first page, so for the people that would like to be updated on the situation, here are some handy links & quotes:

WoW-EU Twitter (Being updated real-time) - http://twitter.com/#!/BlizzardCSEU_EN
    Official Forum Thread: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2064226933

Updates Forum:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    As the previous thread was getting too spammy to be beneficial, we have created this new locked sticky to provide updates to the community on today's Battle.net login issues. In order to keep the forum tidy and organised, we will refer all posts regarding the technical problems here and then lock them.

We will do our very best to keep you as up to date as possible on the situation.

BLUE UPDATES ON THE SITUATION:

11:06 CEST
    Apologies for not responding sooner. This is obviously a huge inconvenience for you all, and it's being looked into at the moment. I'll keep you updated via this thread as more information becomes available.

11:33 CEST
    We are aware that our login servers are having some problems right now and are working hard on getting them back up so you guys can play again as soon as possible.

We have updated the in-client breaking news and will continue to provide updates on the situation here and on our CS Twitter feeds (http://www.twitter.com/BlizzardCSEU_EN).

We apologise to all affected by this problem this morning.

11:53 CEST
    These issues are also affecting StarCraft II and the Mobile Armory. Our technicians are on-site and working hard.

12:01 CEST
    I have copied all blue responses on the situation to Glynny's original post in this thread (thanks Glynny!) for easier visibility and will continue to do so until the issue is resolved and we can close this thread down.

Once again we apologise for interrupting your fun in this manner and thank you all for your patience.

12:27 CEST
    Our technicians have now identified the most likely cause of the issue and are now working on fixing it.

12:54 CEST
    It appears that the issue is quite severe and it may be several hours before you are able to login to our games again. If this changes, we will inform you immediately, but in the meantime we are very sorry for the inconvenience this is causing our customers.
    Forum Update (Latest)
    It looks like these login issue are now completely resolved. If you are experience any additional stability issues then please report them right away.

Once again, we sincerely apologise for all of this disruption and thank you all for your angelic patience.

Have a fun weekend in Azeroth!
    Twitter feed:
    11.00AM (CEST)
    We are aware that some players are currently experiencing login issues and are investigating further. #authissues
    12.35PM (CEST)
    The login issues are still ongoing and are also affecting StarCraft II and the Mobile Armory. More information as we get it. #authissues
    2.15PM (CEST)
    Our engineers have found the cause of the login issues and are in the process of fixing it. #authissues
    2.25PM (CEST)
    We are also doing our best to provide our customers with updates via this forum thread: http://bit.ly/jpAd1h

#authissues
    3.20PM (CEST)
    @burakas We don't have an ETA at this time but, due to the nature of the issue, it may be several hours before all is up to full capacity.
    4.01PM (CEST)
    We're bringing the servers back up now, but they may remain busy for a short while. We will monitor the situation carefully. #authissues
    4.45PM (CEST)
    It looks like the login issues are now completely resolved. Once more, we sincerely apologise for the disruption caused. #authissues
    Please keep this thread clean and on-topic. Spamming/trolling/flaming is not allowed. Bashing Blizzard is not good either.

- MK

Problems appear to be resolved now !
    Last edited by mmoc0fc091fcb6; 2011-05-06 at 03:36 PM.

Hopefully this gets fixed fast, thanks for making a thread like this

Can't login to Starcraft II, so I guess all of Battle.net's authentication servers are offline.

Still weird it's taking so long, if they broke something they should be able to roll it back within minutes. And if something has been broken the whole time it makes me wonder how they have been keeping the authentication servers up at all.

Any info on the missing achievements on armory that people have reported yet?
    Rumors of a forced roll-back and thus the removal of several obtained achievements since then have been flooting around already so if there is any 'official' word on that yet that would be helpful

Considering the amount of achievements several people have lost it doesn't seem to be a short term rollback, so hopefully they will be restored.

Oh maaaaan, and I was thinking of leaving work early to play WoW... now I have to keep working dammit

Thanks Magekid!
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mascotte View Post
    Any info on the missing achievements on armory that people have reported yet?
    Rumors of a forced roll-back and thus the removal of several obtained achievements since then have been flooting around already so if there is any 'official' word on that yet that would be helpful
    Woah, thats scary.... I'm missing about 1000 achievment points and recently got the 100 mount achievments with 137 learned mounts? wtf?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ot4ku-mh View Post
    Woah, thats scary.... I'm missing about 1000 achievment points and recently got the 100 mount achievments with 137 learned mounts? wtf?
    same here m8
    Asus ROG MAXIMUS XI CODE | Intel Core i9-9900k | 32GB RAM DDR4-3200 CL16 | ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ot4ku-mh View Post
    coming to think about it, my mage was missing some achievments ingame yesterday O_O oh gawd the horror

Hopefully this is resolved when i'm done working.

I also noticed i lost about 1.5k achi pts....hoping this is just a bug.

What scares me is the part where they say it is "severe", sounds like it really is something that they cant fix in 1 2 3.

Deleted
    Yeah just looked up myself on armory and i lost around 1500 achievement points. Not too worried though, most likely just a temporary thing they will get sorted.

The armoury is also showing the factions "swapped", so Horde players have Alliance rep achievements uncompleted, so i don't think it's been "rolled back", I think it's been borked in some other bonkers fashion.

Meh... Guess ill grab a book and go read in the sun. Thx for the updates

Deleted
    free one day playtime i hear you coming

Heard some rumors about blizzard being hacked just like PSN, ofcourse got nothing to back this up with. But it's generally rare that the servers are down for so long, and also since PSN has just been hacked recently. It could be a group aiming on every videogame-company.. i dunno o:
    Whether you think you can or can't - You're right!

You can read my in-depth Void Ranger / Dark Ranger class concept from 2019 (With pictures) here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Twitterfeed says they found the cause and are in the process of fixing it now.
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

10+ Year Old Account
    First it was the playstation network, now it's time for blizzard!

HACKARZ ARE DESTROYING ALL THINGS LOVABLE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lame lost about 1200 achievement points...>.<

Deleted
    Haha. I thought the same... >__<