Page 23 of 103 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    By all means, do it!
    Black sunglasses with skinny jeans, that's me
    With groovy steps, skinny red, that's me
    All my people on the web (click me)
    All my people on sites (click me)
    singin' lalalalalalala

He has a song named City Hunter.. that just reminds me that I still have to watch that show. :<

Listened to a few more songs and I really like this one:

Last edited by Migari; 2012-10-19 at 12:06 AM. Reason: oh god found even better one
    http://last.fm/user/migari_migi
    <Anakso> I'd fuck yonghwa because he's so dreamy but that doesn't make me gay

Fans in Sydney saw Psy perform last night ..

He only performed Gangnam Style and then left.

Some fans paid $3000 AUD a ticket to see Psy .

Just shows that K-Pop is getting bigger

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/....html#comments

Quote Originally Posted by Meari View Post
    \o/ Perfume is my favourite J-pop band so you should definitely check them out. Capsule is okay, but far from as good as Perfume.
    I must say I (used to) like Perfume ; what I heard recently was sooo bad I couldn't make it through the entire tracks.

But that's not where I'm heading :

I felt the urgent need to say that Capsule has been a lot more creative in their way of making electronic music than Perfume did. And that's taking into account Perfume is incorporated in the Nakata Yasutaka's livestock, most of what they've been doing has been extremely influenced by Capsule's work. ..in a more.. mercantile way.
    Just take a look at MEG, Kyari Pamyu Pamyu, Suzuki Ami, Perfume.. they're all variations of the same Capsule baseline-DNA.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    Fans in Sydney saw Psy perform last night ..

He only performed Gangnam Style and then left.

Some fans paid $3000 AUD a ticket to see Psy .

Just shows that K-Pop is getting bigger

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/....html#comments

[IMG]http://images.smh.com.au/2012/10/19/3727787/art-PSY_092-620x349.jpg[IMG]
    \o/

Quote Originally Posted by Eled. View Post
    I must say I (used to) like Perfume ; what I heard recently was sooo bad I couldn't make it through the entire tracks.
    Aw that's too bad. Their latest stuff is definitely different from the Complete Best album, but I still think it's great. Spring of Life for example is one of my favourite songs from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Eled. View Post
    But that's not where I'm heading :

I felt the urgent need to say that Capsule has been a lot more creative in their way of making electronic music than Perfume did. And that's taking into account Perfume is incorporated in the Nakata Yasutaka's livestock, most of what they've been doing has been extremely influenced by Capsule's work. ..in a more.. mercantile way.
    Just take a look at MEG, Kyari Pamyu Pamyu, Suzuki Ami, Perfume.. they're all variations of the same Capsule baseline-DNA.
    Oh I know, I've listened to all of them and they all have songs I like, but I still think Perfume delivers better than any of the other.

If I take a Capsule album I can pick a few songs that I like, and the rest don't interest me at all, but if I pick a Perfume album I can't do that, because I love all the songs.

So did anyone listen to the Epik High album and what did you think? I was disappointed with the song featuring Park Bom, but the rest of the album was pretty good!

My eyes kinda hurt after watching that MV, too many cuts too often D: Pretty catchy song, though. Reminds me of Yayaya! (No idea which came first)
    singin' lalalalalalala

You should listen to the full Absolute First album, it's really great! (Bo Beep came before yayaya, but the Korean version)

You should listen to the full Absolute First album, it's really great! (Bo Beep came before yayaya, but the Korean version)
    I'll check that out
    singin' lalalalalalala

Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    I'll check that out
    One of the best Kpop albums ever released in my opinion. Nearly every song is strong enough to stand on it's own as a single.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    One of the best Kpop albums ever released in my opinion. Nearly every song is strong enough to stand on it's own as a single.
    Ooh, you've peaked my interest. Gotta listen to but I have way too many things to do first D: I can't listen to new music while doing something, I tend to tunnel-vision and then I pretty much block every sound around me >.< Your description of this album is pretty much how I'd describe f(x)'s latest mini album.

Beautiful Stranger in particular is so amazing.
    singin' lalalalalalala

Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    Couldn't agree more. I've listened to it so many times yet I'm not tired of a single song on it. Imagine what T-ara could do if they belonged to a better company!

@Badhairday: I loved f(x)'s abum as well, but this one has 3 times as many songs!

Well, I started listening to this Absolute First album and so far the songs have been good. It's a lot different from what I listen, being that SNSD, Ayumi and a few other bands, but so far it's nice.

Back during high school in the early 2000s, I'd listen to pretty much nothing but Kpop. FinKL, S.E.S, Baby VOX, BoA all the girl groups haha. Stopped following Kpop after most of those groups broke up. I think the most listened Kpop for me back then was As One, J, Drunken Tiger, BoA.

Shortly after that I started listening to Cantopop, which was OK, but only the songs from the more veteran singers were good. The strange thing about the Hong Kong entertainment circle is that every singer also acts and there are very very few people that are good at both. I don't think I can name anyone that just purely sings or acts and not both.

As far as Jpop, I think I discovered Utada Hikaru around the time that Final Distance came out because I wrote some essay for English class on the lyrics for Deep River. Pretty much been following her ever since, missed a chance to see her live at the Fillmore when she came to SF only because I thought it was a promo tour for This is the One, which I didn't really care for, but ended up being a mini concert of sorts with some of her Japanese songs as well. Wish I had gone to see that and that one day she'll come back from her "hiatus".

BoA is still active and recently released a (very good) album. I'm not sure about the others, but I believe Tiger JK from Drunken Tiger is still active as well.

The main songs from BoA's new album:

Yeah, I can see BoA's dancing is still as good as ever and looking as hot as ever

I believe Tiger JK married Tasha (another favorite) and they have a baby now. I remember him bringing their kid on stage in a clip somewhere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tg6VQksmlKY probably the best freestyle rap from a female I've heard (Tasha).
    Last edited by obake1; 2012-10-20 at 02:47 AM.

Not a huge fan of BoA's music, but damn she's so talented.
    singin' lalalalalalala

Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    Not a huge fan of BoA's music, but damn she's so talented.
    I wasn't either at first, and then I heard Maybe.. Maybe Not!?

It's slow, yet it has such a happy beat!

I wasn't either at first, and then I heard Maybe.. Maybe Not!?

It's slow, yet it has such a happy beat!
    Quite good! Looking around at some of her other videos I see a lot of negativity towards SNSD in the comments. Makes me sad.
    singin' lalalalalalala

Everlasting is one of my personal favorites from BoA.