Page 44 of 103 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I like that song. Might have to check out her other songs as well.

So.. That chinese song made me think of something. Not sure if anyone here saw MTV EMA this year (few weeks ago), but the winner for World Wide Act, Han Geng caught my interest. I just wondered why this "random" chinese guy won. (last year Big Bang won, I'm okay with that). So I checked the song they slightly showcased "Wild Cursive", and read his wiki. Not that bad actually.. and well he was a member of Super Junior, it kind of started to make sense when I read that part :P

Youtube link. (I posted to little to actually link the video...)
    /watch?v=EmsK4sSnqyM

Haven't been a big fan of his solo music (I knew he was in suju, though ^^) but the song you linked wasn't too bad.

Slightly related:

The first time I saw that video I shouted "HUG ALREADY!". It's nice to see that while Hangeng left SM on quite bad terms, the other members of Super Junior still care about him, and they still consider him a member of the group. Heechul, being one of the closest to him, entered a state of depression-like behavior when he recieved the news.
    Black sunglasses with skinny jeans, that's me
    With groovy steps, skinny red, that's me
    All my people on the web (click me)
    All my people on sites (click me)
    singin' lalalalalalala

Because this is my favorite Japanese song that sort-off falls into the J-pop theme.

If your Japanese good enough to understand more or less what they're singing about this song is awesome!.. If it isn't, it probably looks like a bunch of really wierd oversexed girls!

Unfortunally when it comes to this thread, I wish I could care less about J-pop. The only noteable j-pop artist I kinda like is Kana Nishino, and she doesn't sound like the typical jpop artist (maybe that's why).

Quote Originally Posted by Ethes View Post
    Because this is my favorite Japanese song that sort-off falls into the J-pop theme.

If your Japanese good enough to understand more or less what they're singing about this song is awesome!.. If it isn't, it probably looks like a bunch of really wierd oversexed girls!

[video=youtube;FoWgXxlZQZQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoWgXxlZQZQ[video]
    Eh, was alright. Not something I'd have on repeat, but it didn't make me want to cut my ears of either! \o/

Quote Originally Posted by Grimsolution View Post
    Unfortunally when it comes to this thread, I wish I could care less about J-pop. The only noteable j-pop artist I kinda like is Kana Nishino, and she doesn't sound like the typical jpop artist (maybe that's why).
    I prefer K-pop over J-pop as well, but there are a few Japanese artists that I love (Miu Sakamoto, Perfume, Ayumi Hamasaki to name a few)

I never really got into Kana Nishino. I got her albums and I enjoy some of the songs, but they just don't have the same replay value as Ayumi Hamasaki, for example.
    http://last.fm/user/migari_migi
    <Anakso> I'd fuck yonghwa because he's so dreamy but that doesn't make me gay

Quote Originally Posted by Meari View Post
    I prefer K-pop over J-pop as well, but there are a few Japanese artists that I love (Miu Sakamoto, Perfume, Ayumi Hamasaki to name a few)

I never really got into Kana Nishino. I got her albums and I enjoy some of the songs, but they just don't have the same replay value as Ayumi Hamasaki, for example.
    I remember finding some Ayumi Hamasaki that was good, but I guess am too K-pop biased.

Meari, do you have any recommended songs/albums from Ayumi Hamasaki? Thanks for the reference! she's good.
    Quote Originally Posted by JonLajoie
    Are you tired of focusing your time and energy on projects and activities without seeing any positive results? Try…not giving a f*ck!!
    Not giving a f*ck is awwwesome.

I remember finding some Ayumi Hamasaki that was good, but I guess am too K-pop biased.
    Yeah it's a lot different from K-pop, but then again her "golden age" was almost 10 years ago, so I guess the music has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagdar View Post
    Meari, do you have any recommended songs/albums from Ayumi Hamasaki? Thanks for the reference! she's good.
    My favourite album of hers is definitely "I am..", with "Rock n' Roll Circus" as a close second. She has a lot of great songs scatterd across other albums though, like "Memorial Adress", "(Miss)understood", "Fairyland" and "Heaven"

These are just at the top of my head though. I'm not sure if you'll be able to find all of it on YouTube, but there should be enough to get a taste of what she sounds like. If you want more feel free to toss me a PM!

Edit: favourite song is Evolution, here's a great live performance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-CJJyjlMqQ

For you K-pop lovers :

or
    Last edited by Kagdar; 2012-11-22 at 11:40 PM.
    Are you tired of focusing your time and energy on projects and activities without seeing any positive results? Try…not giving a f*ck!!
    Not giving a f*ck is awwwesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagdar View Post
    For you K-pop lovers :
    [video=youtube;iZqst5cgc3Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=iZqst5cgc3Q&feature=endscreen[video]
    Great, now I'll have this on repeat for a few hours >.<
    I was obsessed with it a while back and listened to it for several days. It baffles me that it didn't get more attention, because it's catchy as fuckpuppies.

Oh right, Kan Mi Youn. I remember listening to her and adding her to list of Artists I need to check out eventually, I just never got there in the end. I preferred Going Crazy over Paparazzi, but both are catchy. Also A > To Me. That MV is just....ughhh....Asian Girls with bangs....It's like they made that MV for me!

Speaking of that list of Artists I put on the back burner, here are some songs from a few of that list.

Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    Looking at that link, it looks more like a joke/fun picture, in my opinion. It even mentioned that she's having her comeback soon, I don't think she'd have one if she was joining a group! But who knows ^^
    Ha I need to read articles closer sometimes xD

Didn't even know who Juniel was before that article though, in my defence xD

Just noticed... Meari you hangulized Sweden as your location.. but.. wouldn't 쉐덴 be more correct? Because well you can split the S and W here since W-sounds are considered vocals :P

Anyway that was a little off-topic, so here's a song by one of the founders of what the music culture of Korea is today, Seo Tai Ji

Just noticed... Meari you hangulized Sweden as your location.. but.. wouldn't 쉐덴 be more correct? Because well you can split the S and W here since W-sounds are considered vocals :P
    I have no idea, I just went with what was on Wikipedia

If you go with what you said though you leave out the eu sound (ㅡ), since ㅜ is just a simple u? I really have no idea. :P

Random song:

I'm usually not a fan of AKB48 but this song is really good.
    Last edited by Migari; 2012-11-24 at 12:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    Ha I need to read articles closer sometimes xD

Didn't even know who Juniel was before that article though, in my defence xD
    Hehe, I haven't actually heard of either Juneil or AoA at all! I just got intriuged by the whole solo artists joins girl group-thing ^.^

---------- Post added 2012-11-24 at 02:32 AM ----------

Random song:

[video=youtube;XHdcW2axwMk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHdcW2axwMk[video]
    I'm usually not a fan of AKB48 but this song is really good.
    Not sure why I'm not listening more to AKB48, I love everything I've heard from them so far.
    Black sunglasses with skinny jeans, that's me
    With groovy steps, skinny red, that's me
    All my people on the web (click me)
    All my people on sites (click me)
    singin' lalalalalalala

Hehe, I haven't actually heard of either Juneil or AoA at all! I just got intriuged by the whole solo artists joins girl group-thing ^.^

You should definitely check them out, they only have 2 mini albums so far but most of the songs are great!

Those are the title songs!

I have no idea, I just went with what was on Wikipedia

If you go with what you said though you leave out the eu sound (ㅡ), since ㅜ is just a simple u? I really have no idea. :P
    ᅰ Is it's own letter kinda, a complex vowel pronounced we

There are I believe 7 of these complex vowels, and they're a nightmare to remember compared to the rest of the Hangul characters!

(Google translate translates both your location and the one Grim suggested to Sweden though)

---------- Post added 2012-11-24 at 09:49 AM ----------

---------- Post added 2012-11-24 at 02:32 AM ----------

Not sure why I'm not listening more to AKB48, I love everything I've heard from them so far.
    AoA is imo the best new group to debut so far this year, especially the Get out song Meari just linked!

AKB48 are good but they can get a bit boring sometimes xD

ᅰ Is it's own letter kinda, a complex vowel pronounced we

There are I believe 7 of these complex vowels, and they're a nightmare to remember compared to the rest of the Hangul characters!

(Google translate translates both your location and the one Grim suggested to Sweden though)
    Oh, I had no Idea. Then yeah, the other one definitely makes more sense..

There are I believe 7 of these complex vowels, and they're a nightmare to remember compared to the rest of the Hangul characters
    There are 14 consonants and 10 vowels, but we also have double consonants and vowels that will confuse the hell out of people. =P
    한글레슨 컴프리트!