Page 49 of 103 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    ahhh I read it as Vanilla Beans/Chocolate Mint Flavour Time (as if it was one of the two flavours) that makes a lot more sense now :P
    Ah

Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    Their name sounds like some kind of bad name for white people x) The song was quite good, but why are fennoscandinavian flags appearing? O_o
    No idea, but some of their songs have Swedish names, like "Sodermalm" and "Gamla Stan" and "Älskar Dig"

I guess they (or their producer) likes Sweden
    http://last.fm/user/migari_migi
    <Anakso> I'd fuck yonghwa because he's so dreamy but that doesn't make me gay

Quote Originally Posted by Meari View Post
    No idea, but some of their songs have Swedish names, like "Sodermalm" and "Gamla Stan" and "Älskar Dig"

I guess they (or their producer) likes Sweden
    For Svea Rike! \o/
    Black sunglasses with skinny jeans, that's me
    With groovy steps, skinny red, that's me
    All my people on the web (click me)
    All my people on sites (click me)
    singin' lalalalalalala

So.. I saw you talked slightly about variety shows. Have any of you seem Running Man? It's one of the biggest shows, episode 63 and 64 includes SNSD. (3of them are missing, don't remember who) But anyway it has been running every week since 2010 and there is now 121episodes.

Quick info:
    Main cast; Yoo Jae-Suk (Comedian, MC), Ji Suk-Jin (Comedian, MC), Kim Jong-Kook (Singer), Haha (Singer), Gary (Rapper in Leessang), Lee Kwang-Soo (Actor), Song Ji-Hyo (Actress). (Song Joong-Ki (Actor) is in the first 41episodes)

Every episode is ca. 1hour and 25min long, often they are split in teams, and the main event is to rip off the enemy's name tag. (If your nametag is ripped off, you are out) It's quite the funny show, the show is not scripted other than the games they actually have to do. So it actually relies alot on the cast. Nearly every episode feature someone else known in Korea, like Kpop idols, actors, other comedians, sports people etc.

I've heard of the show, but I don't think I've actually sat down and watched an episode. I've seen quite a few episodes of Strong Heart (I think that's what it's called), but I mostly just search around for funny snsd/suju/shinee moments and watch all the different videos that show up along the way. ^^

But from your description, it sounds like a really fun show, I shall watch it!
    singin' lalalalalalala

I still haven't watched any variety shows aside from a few with Onew in them. I have 3 dramas and 3 movies that I still have to watch, but after that I might take a look at some variety shows.
    http://last.fm/user/migari_migi
    <Anakso> I'd fuck yonghwa because he's so dreamy but that doesn't make me gay

I LOVE running man.

I've seen the episodes you mentioned with 6 members of SNSD in it (Taeyeon, Jessica, Seohyun, Yoona, Yuri and Hyoyeon) was good.
    I've also seen an episode with bigbang in it, that was good too! Love anything with Jae suk and Daesung together, because them on Family Outing is what made Family Outing 1 so good

And seen a few other bits with single members of SNSD in it.

I've heard of the show, but I don't think I've actually sat down and watched an episode. I've seen quite a few episodes of Strong Heart (I think that's what it's called), but I mostly just search around for funny snsd/suju/shinee moments and watch all the different videos that show up along the way. ^^

But from your description, it sounds like a really fun show, I shall watch it!
    there's a site called Isubs, which have subbed the first 100 episodes (you probably have to make an account, and I suggest you start with 63 and 64 (SNSD special episodes). and then you could mostly go for another kpop group special or from 1-... I watched them all :P + Kshownow.net comes out with every new episode on tuesdays :P

Quote Originally Posted by Grimsolution View Post
    there's a site called Isubs, which have subbed the first 100 episodes (you probably have to make an account, and I suggest you start with 63 and 64 (SNSD special episodes). and then you could mostly go for another kpop group special or from 1-... I watched them all :P + Kshownow.net comes out with every new episode on tuesdays :P
    Sweet! Then I'll have this and Love Rain to keep me busy while hyping the shit out of The Hobbit ^^
    singin' lalalalalalala

Sweet! Then I'll have this and Love Rain to keep me busy while hyping the shit out of The Hobbit ^^
    Love Rain eh? I saw it. Personally really liked the first part ( 4 first episodes ). The rest wasn't special but the first four got me hooked up pretty badly.

Quote Originally Posted by raddry View Post
    Love Rain eh? I saw it. Personally really liked the first part ( 4 first episodes ). The rest wasn't special but the first four got me hooked up pretty badly.
    Yeah Love Rain is supposed to be pretty bad. I was going to watch but ended up not doing so because of everything I heard about it. The plot sounds pretty good though!

The ones on my to-watch list are currently "Big" and "City Hunter"

Quote Originally Posted by Meari View Post
    Yeah Love Rain is supposed to be pretty bad. I was going to watch but ended up not doing so because of everything I heard about it. The plot sounds pretty good though!

The ones on my to-watch list are currently "Big" and "City Hunter"
    Yeah, well I don't really like Korean Dramas anyway, I watched Love Rain because Yoona was there and I needed a material to get to hear some Korean for my learning. Now I watch the variety show which are good TBH. It's only that the 4 first episodes were actually quite interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by raddry View Post
    So far I've only seen the first four episodes, and they're really great. I've only heard bad things about the show, but what the majority thinks is shitty I tend to love. So we'll see :3

Saw "For You In Full Blossom" a coupe of weeks ago and it was awesome.
    singin' lalalalalalala

Also thanks for the Running Man site isubs, really nice they have it all. I was looking for that show for a while but couldn't find it. I really like these shows, they're really funny and since I'm learning Korean, I think it's a good idea to watch a lot of them ^^

I think I went a little too far just now. Bought 4 SNSD albums. MAH MONEY D: (totally worth it)

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    I think I went a little too far just now. Bought 4 SNSD albums. MAH MONEY D: (totally worth it)
    Jeez lol. I grabbed Gee from the Soompi shop on Black Friday, but 4 CD's has gotta hurt your wallet

Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    Jeez lol. I grabbed Gee from the Soompi shop on Black Friday, but 4 CD's has gotta hurt your wallet
    Yar, it does. But in the end it's only money Actually, 3 albums weren't that expensive, it's the new one that is pretty expensive.
    Last edited by Asmekiel; 2012-12-02 at 11:17 PM.

I buy them on iTunes, cost me 1.99$ per songs or less. They aren't all there, but there is a lot of the songs i like from different k-pop/j-pop artists.
    Quote Originally Posted by JonLajoie
    Are you tired of focusing your time and energy on projects and activities without seeing any positive results? Try…not giving a f*ck!!
    Quote Originally Posted by JonLajoie
    Not giving a f*ck is awwwesome.

I managed to get my hands on both Baby Baby and Run Devil Run for 15 USD including shipping, so buying albums aren't that expensive if you know where to look! And I've always prefered buying physical albums over digital on stuff like itunes, but I just love gathering stuff around me for no real reason. (my room is a mess of books/movies/albums/random shit like harry potter wands & TCGs)

Buying the physical thing has it's perks, though, like getting posters and such. But the posters from Girls & Peace were awful, extremely awful.
    singin' lalalalalalala

Me too badhairday on preferring physical. Once you have physical you can put the music on your computer and then you have both physical and digital copies, and the digital copy you can move where ever you want, instead of it being stuck only on itunes and apple devices.

The posters are bad? D:
    I selected normal shipping so haven't got them yet.

Buying them physically on yesasia also works out cheaper I believe, not for the brand new albums maybe but the older ones like run devil run are cheaper from yesasia.

I was hoping for Flower Power-inspired posters, but after seeing pictures of the album before having it arriving I kinda figured that the posters would have them in flight attendant uniforms. However, the posters aren't focusing on the girls, they look like commercial ads for some flight company. The girls are more often than not to the right/left side and not in the centre of the picture, leaving random text about different cities you can visit to get more spotlight. When I buy posters of music groups I want them to focus on the members, not some text about going to Egypt! Oh, and Jessica's posters only shows her face, the rest of the poster is taken up by a giant picture of an airplane.

I probably won't be putting more than one of these on my wall, and that's just to tell myself the first press deluxe edition was worth it. It's not like I regret buying it, since I supported the girls and SM, but I was very disappointed. At least that makeup thingie didn't come along, unless the box itself is a makeup box, it looks.. peculiar. ^^

Can't find any good pictures of the posters online, so I'll take a photo of the worst one (Jessica's) when I'm done attacking the snow with my shovel!

To think that I'd be this emotional over some posters.. but damn I was so excited to finally put some kpop on my wall! :C I do have a Run Devil Run poster of Tiffany but I didn't find that one to be any good either. ^^
    singin' lalalalalalala