Page 86 of 103 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Meh, just like earlier it's just the singles from SJ-M that seems to be any good.. but we shall see!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.n...96976727_n.jpg

Boy do I wish I had the money to get the LE of IGAB! D:
    Last edited by Skinny Red; 2013-01-06 at 12:34 PM.
    Black sunglasses with skinny jeans, that's me
    With groovy steps, skinny red, that's me
    All my people on the web (click me)
    All my people on sites (click me)
    singin' lalalalalalala

Quote Originally Posted by Grimsolution View Post
    Well they're all celebrities, and Kim Jong Kook is a singer, Haha is a rapper/singer (I'm not really sure where to put him...), Ji hyo is an actress, and so is Gwang soo. Whereas Jae Suk and Suk Jin are both comedians and well, just pretty much tv personalities.
    I'd assumed Gary was a comedian like Jae Suk

The rest I knew though, but Gary I've never seen perform or anything until the links in this thread.

I probably won't really like the SJ-M Album. I don't really like music in mandarin so really the only SJ-M songs I listen to are the ones re-done in Korean.

---------- Post added 2013-01-06 at 08:48 PM ----------

So I was just looking through my SNSD funny pictures album and came accross a few I'm curious if you guys would get

Who gets this one (Or understands the reference anyway)
    http://i.imgur.com/yZ4eQ.png

I think I got the reference.. Is it about Sica's pictures of the other members undressing?

Tbh, I'm the other way around, but only when it comes to SJ-M. I don't really like the korean versions of their songs But that could be because I'm so used to listening to them in mandarin.. Although I really enjoyed the japanese version of Oh! :s
    singin' lalalalalalala

The only Mandarin singers I've liked have been Vaness woo and GEM. They just have a way about them and their voices I like The rest I don't like though. There is just something about the way mandarin sounds that I dislike :<

And yes, that's what it was

Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    The only Mandarin singers I've liked have been Vaness woo and GEM. They just have a way about them and their voices I like The rest I don't like though. There is just something about the way mandarin sounds that I dislike :<

And yes, that's what it was
    Can't say I've really listened to anything mandarin apart from SJ-M and Hangeng's solo stuff. Not too fond of Hangeng's music but that's more about the actual music and not the language ^^

Aww yeah!
    Last edited by Skinny Red; 2013-01-06 at 01:30 PM.
    singin' lalalalalalala

I've linked GEM here before I'm sure of it. Maybe you didn't see. Anywhere here are two great mando songs.

Those are my two favourite songs by them, Van Ness Wus has Junho from 2pm in it

Also OMG...GEM does vlogs on youtube!

Here is her singing one of her other songs on one of her vlogs.

Forgot to mention Alan, but I think I've only heard her japanese music anyway so maybe it doesn't really count Didn't really like GEM, but there's nothing wrong with her voice, I'll check out some other songs and see if I like them better Van Ness Wu was good!
    singin' lalalalalalala

Yea Van Ness Wu is good, and he has some surprising collaborations.

I really love Jolin Tsai:

Singer Sen and S.H.E also have some nice songs.
    http://last.fm/user/migari_migi
    seulgi <3333333333333333333

The song with Ryan Tedder was the first Van Ness Wu song I heard, it's great

---------- Post added 2013-01-06 at 09:51 PM ----------

Yea that Jolin song is kind of an example of why I'm not normally into mandarin songs :<

Every third syllable is Ch or Sh. I liked it the first time I heard a mando song (this was the first one I heard) but then when I heard more and realized it was all like that...couldn't really like it. I'm not sure how or why but Van Ness Wu and GEM have a way of either not doing that or making their songs so awesome it's not noticeable.

I'd assumed Gary was a comedian like Jae Suk

The rest I knew though, but Gary I've never seen perform or anything until the links in this thread.
    Well, if you watched the show you may have noticed them playing off Leessang songs like "you're the answer to a guy like me", usually just the chorus. And sometimes they go with the start of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFxOPuuYdEY. They also joke about him sometimes beeing a rapper, and he says so himself also in a few episodes. Though, sometimes it can be hard to catch that up, because he's not solo.

On the mandarin part, never really cared for it, think the language sounds odd sometimes... I feel language is quite important, espicially when it comes to ballads. So there's tons of japanese ballads by kpop groups I like, and not so often japanese artists themselves, because well, they sing in a different way.
    Here's a good one of Shinee:

Yea I'm the same Grim, love Japanese music by Korean artists and also some Japanese artists, though not that many.

I haven't watched much running man to be honest. I've only seen 3.5episodes I think. It's always been on my to do list to watch more.

The episodes I've seen are two with 6 members of SNSD in it, half of one with Jessica in it and 1 with Big Bang in it.

Yea Van Ness Wu is good, and he has some surprising collaborations.
    The first one was quite good, but second one.. not so much ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Meari View Post
    I really love Jolin Tsai:

[video=youtube;3N7JIgDdIIE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3N7JIgDdIIE[video]
    That's a really good song! Probably not one of the major thing to wonder about concerning the video, but did she inject Pepsi into someone? o.o
    singin' lalalalalalala

Only C-Pop I've ever listened to, funnily enough listened to it while on the plane trip to Japan l0l. The entire album, Believe in Jane, was a real treat. Once I get some time going to def look her up some more.

I like that song. I remember when G.E.M was posted a couple weeks ago i think it was and i found this song in the suggestions on youtube.

A little late, but i just found that funny video for christmas:
    Quote Originally Posted by JonLajoie
    Are you tired of focusing your time and energy on projects and activities without seeing any positive results? Try…not giving a f*ck!!
    Quote Originally Posted by JonLajoie
    Not giving a f*ck is awwwesome.

Speaking of M-pop it's here

It's quite good, but I can already tell when/if they release a Kor version I'll prefer that version.

---------- Post added 2013-01-07 at 08:02 PM ----------

And some other new tracks

WHAT

Why do K-pop artists do that, I swear half the good songs in K-pop have at least one other with the same name xD

Oh damn, it's today! Can't wait until I get home so I can listen to it :3

Got to my internship at 8:15 and I've been on MMO-C the ENTIRE time D: (13:12 here now) No assignments so I can't do anything at all.. just let me go home and listen to new and hopefully glorious j/m/kpop!

And yay, my order from kpoptown got shipped last night \o/ Does anyone know of a website where you can buy kpop merchandise? Never really been into anything but metal before but shouldn't there be any fun tees or posters available for pop-groups somewhere, without buying an album? Or are merchandise rights reserved for underground music? ^^
    singin' lalalalalalala

Speaking of M-pop it's here

[video=]SuJu-M[/video]
    It's quite good, but I can already tell when/if they release a Kor version I'll prefer that version.
    Bit different from what I expected, but still good.

Youai
    Why do K-pop artists do that, I swear half the good songs in K-pop have at least one other with the same name xD
    Maybe life on success, maybe because it fits the song, probably both ^^
    I like it, though as someone in the comments also said, she doesn't really have a strong voice for being solo.

Will give the full Suju-M album a listen now, but that title song didn't really catch my attention. Maybe it's one of those songs that gets better after each listen?

Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    And yay, my order from kpoptown got shipped last night \o/ Does anyone know of a website where you can buy kpop merchandise? Never really been into anything but metal before but shouldn't there be any fun tees or posters available for pop-groups somewhere, without buying an album? Or are merchandise rights reserved for underground music? ^^
    Doesn't Kpoptown have merchandise? You could also check out http://fyzzed.com/ for shirts and http://english.gmarket.co.kr/ for pretty much anything.
    http://last.fm/user/migari_migi
    seulgi <3333333333333333333