Girls & Peace

Very strong album, loving it so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Random song :

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    Girls & Peace

Very strong album, loving it so far.
    You got my hopes up that the album had been released!
    But yea agree, really great album. Can't wait for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Kagdar View Post
    Random song :
    Is this a new group? I've never heard of them before
    Sounds good though.

---------- Post added 2012-11-25 at 01:11 PM ----------

Oh and here: http://www.youtube.com/charts/videos_views?t=a
    Gangnam Style most viewed video on youtube, as well as being the most liked video on youtube by over 3x the 2nd most liked hehe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    You got my hopes up that the album had been released!
    But yea agree, really great album. Can't wait for it!
    Well every song is there, are you're lacking is an "official" release. Gonna have to wait 4 more days for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, the songs have been up for a while but I'm waiting for a proper release xD

---------- Post added 2012-11-25 at 01:39 PM ----------

Have some songs

First ones better

10+ Year Old Account
    /edit 5 times : omg my forum is acting weird... double post getting lost somewhere...

Is this a new group? I've never heard of them before
    Sounds good though.
    checking on the net, they made their debut in july of this year. source here

another new group too that sounds good too. source here

---------- Post added 2012-11-25 at 02:29 AM ----------

2nd single from Tahiti

---------- Post added 2012-11-25 at 02:30 AM ----------

Wow the web site i linked earlier is really great for some k-pop news http://www.soompi.com/
    Last edited by Kagdar; 2012-11-25 at 07:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I fucking love GLAM. Song took over my life when I heard it for the first time when they debuted back in like January. The song is also different from the typical girl group songs. Talks about GirlxGirl love and hints about LGBT rights a bit also, so I really liked it int hat regard also. STILL waiting for their comeback, all they've done since then is an OST song =/

My fav live performance from them.

Edit: Soompi is like a less TMZ version of allkpop generally. Both report on everything that happens, Soompi just tends to be less dramatic with it. Seoulbeats is still one of my fav K-Pop websites though. Actual articles and editorials.

Adorable Miss A interview.
    Last edited by Kurdiern; 2012-11-25 at 08:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd never heard Glam before either, oh my god they're so good. They need more songs!

That interviewer on Jjang is really annoying, saw him on an Orange caramel interview before and hated him so much! Almost makes these interviews unwatchable but I can barely make it through xD

New TVXQ quite good

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the new TVXQ song! Haven't been a big fan of them, but their latest couple of singles (along with some non-singles) have been quite awesome.

Got a mail during the night that Girls & Peace has been shipped and will arrive in 2-4 days. The countdown has beguuuun.
    (Decided I couldn't wait like 2 weeks for the shipping so I paid for extra fast stuff, and this has tracking, I didn't really trust the other one)
    Last edited by BHD; 2012-11-26 at 01:56 PM.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

As I was exposed to J-pop from anime, I'd always go back the The Pillows. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWIrPL4IhZ0

And though not the biggest Miku Hatsune fan, Glow http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwJ_tkgxOds is just amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow just saw a video of Crayon Pop where a crew follow them during a couple of days. We get to see where they live and work.

I must say, i really don't like their manager.

Last edited by Kagdar; 2012-11-26 at 03:05 PM.

So reading the previous page I am curious about Korean. When you write Korean, the characters actually mean what letters are in western languages? So basically tones?

I am studying Chinese at the moment and there characters are just words. The only thing you have that you can go on is that you sometimes can see what the general meaning of the word is. Like anything to do with water has 3 dots/lines to the left of the word or anything with grass has a horizontal line with 2 vertical lines on the top of the character.
    But even that is a little vague. I thought Korean was similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolson13 View Post
    So reading the previous page I am curious about Korean. When you write Korean, the characters actually mean what letters are in western languages? So basically tones?

I am studying Chinese at the moment and there characters are just words. The only thing you have that you can go on is that you sometimes can see what the general meaning of the word is. Like anything to do with water has 3 dots/lines to the left of the word or anything with grass has a horizontal line with 2 vertical lines on the top of the character.
    But even that is a little vague. I thought Korean was similar.
    Korean "characters" each represent a syllable, but the characters themselves are composed of normal letters like in English. For example, in Korean, Korea is written 한국 which to the untrained eye would look like working the same as in Chinese/Japanese Kanji. This is read as han-guk and if you look closely at the first syllabe block 한 it's composed of 3 letters, ㅎ, ㅏ and ㄴ which are read as H, A and N respectively. It is the same as 국, which is composed of ㄱ, ㅜ and ㄱ again. Which are read as G, U and K respectively. There is a rule why the first ㄱ is read as G and the second as K but it's easy.

This is what makes Korean alphabet, Hangul quite different to other east asian writing system because well, it's a true alphabet ^^ It's also very simple, you can learn to read/write korean in a day.

Learn to read and write maybe but understand is a different matter I guess . But actually that is a lot easier the Chinese then. I pretty much gave up ever being able to read a newspaper. Basic things maybe but remembering everything while not living there, will take like 8 years or so haha.

Oh, I also checked out those SNSD ladies. Don't you guys think the beats are too basic? I was looking at the US website and they had a few remixes of that boys song. And those sounded not that bad actually. I think with a western album where at least some songs have a more western house beat it could actually be a lot more popular. Female vocals are always good with house/trance types of songs (and those actually sell records in stead of dubstep or techno), at least here in the Netherlands where we love house music. Get one of the Dutch DJ's to work with them . Especially now after that whole Gangham craze which is actually just a normal record here in stead of a youtube sensation that people laugh about. Don't know how that is in other places but I read that it is more of a joke song everywhere else.

You probably want to kick my butt for me wanting to change it though haha. But I mean this was a big hit here:

and I can name a few others if you want. But simple stuff like that can sell like crazy. Heck, even that Swedish eurovision song was popular here. When was the last time that happened (ABBA?). And it is not like those ladies couldn't do such music. All the rappers in the US are all of a sudden into using housebeats as well so why not them. And Eminem said "nobody listens to techno", look who missed the boat . Gangsta rap is dead .

Oh and they are pretty woman yet have the wholesome image which is always good. These days you need to sell the picture as well and they can do that. Maybe equally as important as the actual music (hense Justin Bieber).
    Last edited by Bolson13; 2012-11-26 at 11:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolson13 View Post
    And Eminem said "nobody listens to techno", look who missed the boat . Gangsta rap is dead .
    Sorry to only reply to such a tiny part of your post, but as an Eminem fan I just had to add a quick comment. He said "nobody listens to techno" about 10 years ago, when very few did! ;p
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, what is popular is Korea is far from being the same as what is popular in other countries. Even J-pop songs don't really sound exactly like K-pop. The theme is not the same. And i don't think Korean or even Japanese ppl would really like songs in english that appeal to international standards.

And imo, the song you linked Bolson (which i have heard some time ago on my radio) is far from sounding like any SNSD songs or any other j-pop/k-pop songs.
    Just listen to the backgroud beat, in your song it's just the same thing repeated endlessly with a change in tone. While any k-pop/j-pop songs i've listen too have much more complex beat going on.

If you like techno, you should listen to some Perfume. You will see it doesn't sound remotly near to european techno/ dubstep songs.

Plus, k-pop and j-pop has a lot to do with dancing and singing. EU techno / dubstep is much more around the techno sound than the vocals.

On the Amiran side, most songs have a direct link to girls seducing their male partners, which i don't like. There is too much sex innuendo in everything these days... I prefer j-pop for that (and k-pop in 2nd) for that, it's much more innocent.
    Last edited by Kagdar; 2012-11-27 at 03:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagdar View Post
    On the Amiran side, most songs have a direct link to girls seducing their male partners, which i don't like. There is too much sex innuendo in everything these days... I prefer j-pop for that (and k-pop in 2nd) for that, it's much more innocent.
    This is why I fear the upcoming all-english album from SNSD. I do want them to take over the US and get even more fans and success, but not if it costs them their originality, their core so to speak. I fear that the album will make them sound like any american female artist, which is not the reason I fell in love with kpop. I want them to get world famous for songs just like "Gee" and all their songs thereafter (tbh, the songs before too! ).
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Btw guys! This is happening.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post19210607

Need a Tiffany and a Sunny, also a Hyoyeon. I got Mynta to agree to be Hyoyeon but he said only for a day, so we still kinda need one but at least we'd have all 9 for a day xD

I honestly can't believe Tiffany is one of the last people we need!

EDIT: But as to not derail that thread, since it's about people posting their own pictures, don't reply to me in that thread. Here or where some of the other members avatars are located here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...layers-vs-Mods

---------- Post added 2012-11-27 at 05:10 PM ----------

Also recently looked up one of the people from let's go I didn't know, surprisingly, he's pretty good!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    Btw guys! This is happening.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post19210607

Need a Tiffany and a Sunny, also a Hyoyeon. I got Mynta to agree to be Hyoyeon but he said only for a day, so we still kinda need one but at least we'd have all 9 for a day xD

I honestly can't believe Tiffany is one of the last people we need!

EDIT: But as to not derail that thread, since it's about people posting their own pictures, don't reply to me in that thread. Here or where some of the other members avatars are located here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...layers-vs-Mods[COLOR="red"]
    Only if I can be Sica.