I dread facing a caster with final stage of the staff in arena.

I guess its payback for all the times I globalled clothies with SMOURNE.

Deleted
    I didn't see people with Shadowmourne until near the final stages of WOTLK, so I don't think there is too much to worry about.

Deleted
    I already get globaled by arcane mages without the staff. I'm affraid too.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enthus View Post
    I guess its payback for all the times I globalled clothies with SMOURNE.
    Can't wait to pay you all back indeed hahaha. Your topic made me smile

10+ Year Old Account
    It'll be awhile. The questline seems pretty difficult, requiring you to have Ragnaros on farm pretty much. I still think it's bullshit that it's a caster staff. Casters get too much love. There needs to be an Agi polearm/staff for Ferals/Hunter. For sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    I shall run when I see a caster with this staff (and if they can turn into a blue dragon like the rumors state then....shit). I shall wait until we have a legendary 2h mace.
    -Insert flashy and awesome Photoshop signature of my WoW character here-

Lol, I had Shadowmourne Quite quickly once ICC was openned completely.
    It doesnt actually take very long to get legendarys if you are already in a top 100 US guild lol.
    And theres plenty of casters in my guild who will get it, makes me shudder thinking about everyone elses guilds lul.

I think Blizz realized how OP shadowmourne became in arenas and bgs so it might not be as bad now with the caster legendary as it was with shadowmourn, cause even if they do have that staff I can continue to interupt and stun them all day long that the cast wont even matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnozis View Post
    I think Blizz realized how OP shadowmourne became in arenas and bgs so it might not be as bad now with the caster legendary as it was with shadowmourn, cause even if they do have that staff I can continue to interupt and stun them all day long that the cast wont even matter.
    Lol.. I dont know if you know how legendarys work.. But there is ALWAYS something legendary about them to make them worth spending months working on getting it.
    They insta gib in PvP because of how good theyre made for PvE.
    And they let them in to arena purely because very few people have them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnozis View Post
    On Equip: When any spell is interrupted, misses or is a Critical Strike you take on the strength of Tarecgosa allowing you to tail swipe or breath fire hitting for 60,000 damage in a 180 degree cone and knocking back anyone hit by it.

Take that you nasty interrupter type person! :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadet View Post
    On Equip: When any spell is interrupted, misses or is a Critical Strike you take on the strength of Tarecgosa allowing you to tail swipe or breath fire hitting for 60,000 damage in a 180 degree cone and knocking back anyone hit by it.

*Smacks* naughty spell-caster. Let us melee interrupt your spells >=(
    -Insert flashy and awesome Photoshop signature of my WoW character here-

Deleted
    Hopefully Blizzard will make it not useable in arena D:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shadet View Post

Haha, that would be so cool!

this will be the start of PvE guilds dominating RBG's with PvE gear...
    Last edited by Spurmwhale; 2011-05-06 at 01:18 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spurmwhale View Post
    this will be the start of PvE guilds dominating RBG's with PvE gear...
    U havent even seen the stats yet, so dont get mad already

I think they will give it around the same stats as heroic wapons in the tier. But it will have a nice change on hit that would only be working in pve.

Quote Originally Posted by Duallegend View Post
    U havent even seen the stats yet, so dont get mad already

I think they will give it around the same stats as heroic wapons in the tier. But it will have a nice change on hit that would only be working in pve.
    i think its inevitable tbh. when new high end raid itemziation hits, and Arena season gear falls behind and isn't updated with it, pve guilds will have a pretty big edge. its different for Arena since its only so many players, but with RBG's when you're talking 10~ players decked out in high end itemization from top raid guilds i think the effect is much more dramatic. history will repeat itself over and over IMO...especially with the Blizztards partial to the PvE side running the show.