Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    So removing any possibility of feeling pro because there's nothing you can really do to improve your DPS is "better"?

I was just referring to shocks, you make it sound like i was talking about all of my abilities.
    And no, managing shocks and UE is not a " possibility of feeling pro", it is an "impossibility" of feeling pro. The "possibility of feeling pro" that you mention does not exist since Shocks ( and im talking about Enhancement) are our weakest abilities, and gaining 500 dps does not make me feel pro. So if a "complicated " system is not giving the results one expects , then at least make a " quality of life " improvement and make it simpler.
    Last edited by Pantsless; 2011-07-29 at 09:01 PM.

A lot of this shouldnt be much of a suprise considering that most progression guilds were on the ptr and people that watched videos or read forums knew that range in general would be high on the charts. I walked into firelands on my elemental shaman in 357 gear on my first shannox fight on that toon and pulled almost 21k.

I raid on my mage and we have a enhancment shaman in 370+ gear and he only pulls 18k on that fight. There are various fights that range does more dps because of the boss mechanics as in shannox chasing adds and running around traps. Bethalic was more of the same sitting down turreting like elemental loves and hitting drones and spinners.

Taking the cd off FS would be another buff for elemental at the same time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adeeil View Post
    A lot of this shouldnt be much of a suprise considering that most progression guilds were on the ptr and people that watched videos or read forums knew that range in general would be high on the charts. I walked into firelands on my elemental shaman in 357 gear on my first shannox fight on that toon and pulled almost 21k.

I raid on my mage and we have a enhancment shaman in 370+ gear and he only pulls 18k on that fight. There are various fights that range does more dps because of the boss mechanics as in shannox chasing adds and running around traps. Bethalic was more of the same sitting down turreting like elemental loves and hitting drones and spinners.

Taking the cd off FS would be another buff for elemental at the same time.
    I pulled more than 21k with my Enhancement Shaman when I first walked into Firelands.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I pulled more than 21k with my Enhancement Shaman when I first walked into Firelands.
    Gratz to you, im happy with 4pc t11 and za gear for 21k as i watch the melee run around traps taking dmg while i sit dpsing away.

I raid on my mage and we have a enhancment shaman in 370+ gear and he only pulls 18k on that fight. There are various fights that range does more dps because of the boss mechanics as in shannox chasing adds and running around traps.
    That's raid leader fail, and a pretty bad one. Melee should stick to boss and leave the dogs for ranged for obvious reasons.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    That's raid leader fail, and a pretty bad one. Melee should stick to boss and leave the dogs for ranged for obvious reasons.
    I have no argument about the raid leader failing and his brilliant idea to stack melee.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gratz to you, im happy with 4pc t11 and za gear for 21k as i watch the melee run around traps taking dmg while i sit dpsing away.
    I actually don't have to run around traps all that much. Your melee DPS are doing it wrong.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted

Erm, that is a problem of skill, while i can see melee having more problem on normal shanox with teh chasing add and so on, 18k for 370+ gear is BAD. I have 371 avrg ilvl T11 2p and t12 2p, 378 mace MH, 359 axe OH, (i m am unlucky with drops =X), sipler to say:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Drmetal/simple
    And i consistently and easily do 25k+, and thats with bad RNG. But avarage is about 26.5K+ on spank fights, such as Balerog and shannox HC (with my best one being almost 28k on balerog, but that was prepoting, using earth ele and pretty good RNG). I really dout that even, that little gear difference and a little of movement would make 8k difference... Maybe you rly need to talk to your shaman =P

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish I had my Enhancement play down strongly enough to hit 26.5k. I know I'm pulling fairly decent numbers in general, but when I compare myself to "top notch" Enhancement players, I notice they're able to pull out way more than me.

And to this day, I can't figure out if it's raid strat, raid composition, rotation, or gearing. I'm leaning towards raid strat and composition, because I put a lot of work into playing this spec, but I hate to say such arrogant things.

I'm leaning towards player skill ;P

10+ Year Old Account
    So I can't help but wonder what your guy's thoughts are on the supposed Rogue Legendary. I kinda figured it'd be something with AGI slapped on it, but not something so limited. Wonder if the proc on it will outweigh the dagger being so fast
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I wish I had my Enhancement play down strongly enough to hit 26.5k. I know I'm pulling fairly decent numbers in general, but when I compare myself to "top notch" Enhancement players, I notice they're able to pull out way more than me.

And to this day, I can't figure out if it's raid strat, raid composition, rotation, or gearing. I'm leaning towards raid strat and composition, because I put a lot of work into playing this spec, but I hate to say such arrogant things.
    you should check their logs for Tricks of the trade and unholy DKs 20% haste fighting for wol rankings sometimes can take drastic proportions

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

10+ Year Old Account
    You rarely find any Enhancement shamans in the top abusing tricks of the trade, there's some but, rare, at least compared to other classes and I have yet to see an unholy DK (lol, who plays unholy when frost is way better) give away his Unholy Frenzy ^^

Seranov: Why do you want a dps cooldown which applies Searing Flames faster when you already hit 6 stacks of searing flames before you are able to use Lava Lash? I don't get it (or did I miss something here?)

and I'm sorry but, did someone say that they're enhancement and that they're not up dps'ing bethilac? We are in the top when it comes to DPS to the boss on that encounter, especially of the melee

Matuk, always try to time your Searing Totem with your agility trinket seeing as it benefits from the stats you have when you drop it. Trinket is 1min cd, and the Searing Totem duration is exactly 1min ^^ (I hate giving tips since I think I know tricks, but I have never tested if that's actually why I do more DPS )
    and as you probably know, Earth Elemental is for me about 835dps while it's up if you time it with trinkets + potion (yes earth ele also takes the stats that you have when you drop it, I think) BUT that requires the fight to not have any kind of adds up when you place it, else it will just run off to that add and taunt and die

Matuk, just taking a fast glance at your last shannox log, you seem to have every single debuff and buff present at the kill, and your gear looks great, BUT having people dying does most of the time mean that you will end up with lower DPS because the fight lasts longer then the other kills that have been done with perfect play on worldoflogs. The strats used by the different guild could also impact it, but there's always a way for you to mash in that extra dps. Just remember that every second you are away from the boss is a dps loss, especially if you have Lava Lash or Stormstrike off cooldown.

Also, fuck me, do you guys really want to spam flame shock on a lot of targets and then press fire nova? Doesn't sound like AoE burst to me.
    Last edited by Falling; 2011-09-15 at 05:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Falling View Post
    You rarely find any Enhancement shamans in the top abusing tricks of the trade, there's some but, rare, at least compared to other classes and I have yet to see an unholy DK (lol who plays unholy when frost is way better) give away his Unholy Frenzy ^^

Seranov: Why do you want a dps cooldown which applies Searing Flames faster when you already hit 6 stacks of searing flames before you are able to use Lava Lash? I don't get it (or did I miss something here?)

and I'm sorry but, did someone say that they're enhancement and that they're not up dps'ing bethilac? We are the top dps on that encounter lol...
    wat

I never asked for such a thing. If you mean that thing the guy suggested about being able to put 5 stacks of SF on a target instantly for better target switching, I was all about that. But that's all it would be for, target switching. Also at the beginning of a fight, too, I suppose.
    || Yuuzu - 85 Draenei Enh Shaman || Soulu - 85 Worgen Arms Warrior ||
    || Revii - 85 Draenei Blood DK || Convivia of <Bacchanalia> of Durotan US ||

The river flows outside of town/ Away from dirt, away from crowds/
    And if I could follow it to the sea/ I'd wash the sweat right off of me/
    So break my legs and weigh me down/ Throw me in, but I won't drown/
    I'll float away, go down the stream/ The river leads outside this city.

Million Dead - Carthagio Est Delenda

10+ Year Old Account
    I meant this thingy:

Quote Originally Posted by Seranov View Post
    Fire Ele: Melee attacks, totem attacks and non-periodic spell hits (read: everything but Flame Shock and Searing Flames ticks) apply Searing Flames to the target. Also increases Fire, Frost and Nature damage by a small amount for the duration.
    (sorry I should have quoted it in my prev post)
    Doesn't that just increase the rate of which we stack Searing Flames to the current target, or is it just me being blind because it's late and I should be in bed a long time ago? :X
    (Also yes it's late, I totally did not see that this thread was like two months old... I'm sorry if what I have replied to is old information :/ )
    Last edited by Falling; 2011-09-15 at 06:04 AM.

Oh, that was only because you can't have Searing Totem down while Fire Ele is up.

I think, anyway. I had completely forgotten I'd even said such a thing somewhere in this nearly 40 page long thread. :x
    || Yuuzu - 85 Draenei Enh Shaman || Soulu - 85 Worgen Arms Warrior ||
    || Revii - 85 Draenei Blood DK || Convivia of <Bacchanalia> of Durotan US ||

The river flows outside of town/ Away from dirt, away from crowds/
    And if I could follow it to the sea/ I'd wash the sweat right off of me/
    So break my legs and weigh me down/ Throw me in, but I won't drown/
    I'll float away, go down the stream/ The river leads outside this city.

Million Dead - Carthagio Est Delenda