Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've had the most success with 1 ranged on adds and 2 people on chains. Chains go down at a good pace and the spirits don't get too bad.
    I am a filthy casual!

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feline Grace View Post
    Tbh, ranged ain't necessary, our mage fell off the damn edge and died before first chain even was slammed. Me and a ret paladin killed the spirits while keeping decent range (swipe ftw), and keeping check of chains + big add. No big deal really. Ranged= not needed for killing spirits nor are they only ones able to do so.
    Yes, the tank is even better at killing the adds then ranged are. By far. The tank should be picking them up and dealing with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fox1012 View Post
    The adds are crazy slow, no one should be getting hit by them.
    That's a really important detail that a lot of my dps and healers don't seem to realize, so I run through the pack, drop a consecration, and grab threat on most of them and kite them.
    That's fine and dandy when there's no damage being taken aside from the tank. But when I've got to stop and cast Holy Light ( ~2s+ cast ) every 4-5s because people are taking damage, I can't constantly be on the move.

From a DPS standpoint ( Fury Warrior ), I just alternate between the little adds and the chains and make sure nothing is on the healer. Tank can handle the big guy by him/herself.

Deleted
    What we've been doing everytime we run ZG is basically, dps anything that has a red bar above it.

Works like a charm.

Deleted
    jus get 1 range on them its really easy keeping 2 dps on chain and have tank 1 dps on sprits and thats it

I, as a tank, just tell people to stay near a chain and nuke it after the body slam. I also tell the healer to follow me around (Marking myself), so I can take care of any adds going after him/her.
    I have never thought of the spirits as something to look out for and people just kill them whenever one gets too close.
    I've never assigned anyone to do them and I've always told people to prioritize the chains over the spirits. I'll just continue with that.
    If it ain't broken, don't fix it, as they say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

When I tank him (warrior as well), I just kill the shades...you don't have to tank the big add in any particular place anyway, so just tank him and run around two-shotting the adds. They're not hard to kill at all and I prefer to have all DPS focusing on the unshielded chains rather than worrying about adds that take two hits to die.

what i have my groups do is:

me as tank take the troll and stress that noone dps's it i can kill it on my own they dont have much hp

ranged stack on each chain or near one depends on how good your mele is at kiting the small adds.

i send the mele in my case is normally a dk or feral (bear from ftw) and just have em kill the adds and kite them around pretty standard stuff have ranged nuke the orbs due to the shadow put on ground making mele take more dmg if standing in it. but other ways work too. ive had hunters take all the adds no problems and mele blow up the orbs as well.

lol this fight is a joke, just focus breaking the shields, tell everyone to get near a chain w/ shield wait for the body slam, kill the big add, protect the healer, ignore the chain. dont forget to kill the big add, since he gains a frenzy haste... and will rape the tank...

After the 3 shields are down, the tank can just focus in tanking the little adds, easy just stay w/ the healer since the healer will pull agro just from heal, the Tank can solo all of them.. they only have ~20k HP, I've done it tanking as druid, and paladin... after all shields are down, you have all time to dps the chains.

The problem is if u pug a n00b that don't stand near the chain w/ shield.

I just run around agroing random spirits and picking up trolls until the fights over. It's up to the dps to keep stuff dead, and it's up to the healer to keep me and them alive. If it looks like there are to many spirits up I'll stop pulling trolls and take a break to pick up spirits so dps can burn them.

Attempt to dedicate a very bursty dps to them, like a rogue, hunter or caster w/ high burst and then make sure to have the big dudes on the chain the whole time.
    For me, as a pally tank this is easy because i use my aoe taunt on the healer every time its up and just have them beat on me while the dps nukes it down. Also i try to keep the big guy and teh lil adds on the chain at all time just so some cleave damage get on them to.

usually have the rdps kill adds. as a pally when im not tanking the ogre ill throw my shield at some random adds to help kill them while collecting the next ogre.

10+ Year Old Account
    the way i usually have it is have one dps with good aoe stay on the adds and have the top two dps burn the chains all while staying close to the chains when the big guys are up. on the last chain there is always going to be lots of adds so its best to try and burn it down as quickly as possible otherwise you get overwhelmed.