[Ret] 4 Set Bonus.

I just picked up my shoulders, and what I am wondering is how good if the 4 set bonus? I can see the extra up time on Inq. allowing more TVs, but is there numbers on how good it actually is? Or would doing something like sticking with 2 set and using vicious pvp gloves for the CS boost be better? Any help would be appreciated.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...krausis/simple

You've already got the shoulders equipped and still don't have your 4 set, are you asking in general if 4 set beats 2 set + pvp gloves?
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

In short, yes the 4-set is better. The only way you're going to get accurate numbers yourself is if you run a 100k iteration simulationcraft test for your character, but I can assure you it will come out on top. Pure mathematics aside, it's also a nice boost for things like air phases because it'll allow you to deal 30% more holy damage for a slightly longer period of time. Although that may not seem like a whole lot, the little things do count.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdream View Post
    You've already got the shoulders equipped and still don't have your 4 set, are you asking in general if 4 set beats 2 set + pvp gloves?
    Basically. I don't have enough valor for chest to complete the 4 set yet, but I will shortly.

4piece is a good dps upgrade from anything. Even though i dont got the t11 head from nef yet im using t11 shoulders over the Halfus HC ones i got even though the shoulders are BiS. BiS and things like that isn't BiS unless you got other things that fill your BiS gear. Also the fact that im rocking the engineer head im not actually loosing alot of stats from using the shoulders, mainly 20str and a few crit rating but apart from that the 3piece + "BiS" shoulders wont be better than 4piece without "BiS" shoulders with the gear i got now.

Infact the only "big" upgrade in my future is a 372 wep, hopefully dropping from Magmaw HC next week.

If the tier gear was changed along with our mastery it would be one thing, we don't need haste and the tier stuff isn't always best in slot. The two piece is nice and is a huge boost to our DPs but I personally wouldn't get the four piece bonus unless the haste is changed to mastery. Even with reforging it doesn't look appealing to me to junk that much mastery.

Just my opinion on it, the extra time and boost on inq would be nice with the mastery but le sigh, the haste mod is just garbage.
    Last edited by Deal; 2011-05-07 at 04:11 AM.

Yes, the 4 piece bonus is worth it. EJ has mathed it out and has proved so. Feel free to dig in the ret topic there about it. I know for me it's not worth dropping my 4-piece bonus for the heroic Pauldrons of the Great Ettin (tier I'm wearing is shoulders, chest, gloves, and legs). It's a 600 dps loss for me. I need to wait for a tier helm to drop before wearing them.

As stated, feel free to run simcraft yourself, but you should find the 4-piece bonus very much worth your time over the pvp gloves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deal View Post
    If the tier gear was changed along with our mastery it would be one thing, we don't need haste and the tier stuff isn't always best in slot. The two piece is nice and is a huge boost to our DPs but I personally wouldn't get the four piece bonus unless the haste is changed to mastery. Even with reforging it doesn't look appealing to me to junk that much mastery.

Just my opinion on it, the extra time and boost on inq would be nice with the mastery but le sigh, the haste mod is just garbage.
    Tell your guild that I feel bad that they raid with you.

15+ Year Old Account

You cant be serious.Higher inq uptime with less HoPo spent is a great dps buff.

i can't believe what im reading here, are my eyes deceiving me?
    "No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lvtwo/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Kenjji View Post
    i can't believe what im reading here, are my eyes deceiving me?
    they must be since your a baddie faes
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

15+ Year Old Account

Tell your guild from the MMO-Champion Ret Paladin Community, "We're Sorry".

Haha, yeah I guess too many mothers day drinks tonight before posting. Wrong post originally quoted NOW it's better.
    Last edited by Krekko; 2011-05-09 at 02:56 AM.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    Tell your guild from the MMO-Champion Ret Paladin Community, "We're Sorry".
    Too drunk tonight , quoting wrong post ?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Floross View Post
    Too drunk tonight , quoting wrong post ?
    Haha, quite spot on actually! Yes wrong post but better now! Thank god you caught that.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature