Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    We had some trouble on this fight too in the beginning, people claimed it was due to low dps and every reason there are.
    We found out that a few things that will probably help you out a lot is to use 3 healers as long as you can finish before the 3rd pool adds spawn. And do not use BL instantly in the last phase, use it when healing becomes a problem (usually after the first tentacle spawns) this will buy you about 20 seconds more. Have the shadow priests use divine hymn in the beginning of P2 to make sure that everyone is topped properly which might even allow BL to be used later.

Ideally you should end the fight with a few seconds of BL still left, not gone since 20 seconds since the fight scales healingwise and you need more CDs in the end to kill him and BL is the biggest healing CD there is .

Hope this helps and good luck.
    Oooh, switching one of the spriests to a Disc priest (atonement) as the third healer is awesome, with the proper specc he can easily pull about 9-10k dps and still heal very very well in the last phase.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Carnivorous View Post
    We had some trouble on this fight too in the beginning, people claimed it was due to low dps and every reason there are.
    We found out that a few things that will probably help you out a lot is to use 3 healers as long as you can finish before the 3rd pool adds spawn. And do not use BL instantly in the last phase, use it when healing becomes a problem (usually after the first tentacle spawns) this will buy you about 20 seconds more. Have the shadow priests use divine hymn in the beginning of P2 to make sure that everyone is topped properly which might even allow BL to be used later.

Ideally you should end the fight with a few seconds of BL still left, not gone since 20 seconds since the fight scales healingwise and you need more CDs in the end to kill him and BL is the biggest healing CD there is .

Hope this helps and good luck.
    Oooh, switching one of the spriests to a Disc priest (atonement) as the third healer is awesome, with the proper specc he can easily pull about 9-10k dps and still heal very very well in the last phase.
    We'll try this, thanks mate!

Quote Originally Posted by Carnivorous View Post
    Our shadow priest is currently respeccing and learning to heal as disc as we speak >.<

Thankyou for all your replies - will try all your suggestions out tonight, hopefully we get him down!
    If not, I will spam here with world of logs >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Revengance View Post
    Just posting this for some help, in total we've had around 30/40 wipes on this guy. We know he isn't a walk in a park, but we are failing as soon as we go into Phase 2.
    Here is a link to the video our tank did so we could ask for help, any tips will be helpful and much appreciated.
    http://youtu.be/gJS0YwRaitU

Our set-up in the video is different to what we normally go with, instead of the Holy Paladin we go with a Holy Priest, and instead of a DK we run with a Rogue.

Will post World of Logs if we don't get him down tomorrow evening, as I have not set it up yet >.<
    Honestly its your Darkened creations wiping you, if they die fast its like nothign in p2. However on our alts we tunnel like were on our mains and occasionally fuck this up lol so i can say w/o a doubt its the creation damage. If you can get em to spawn in a central location aoe them down but atleast make sure your interrupting them asap. I also suggest pulling chogall to a side of the room and all stacking on em so the spawns are relative to position.

Update : We got him down after 2 attempts tonight.

1st attempt - we wiped on 65k health! never lol'd so much in my life >.<
    2nd - WIN! with no deaths.

WoL posted - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-14prblxldd89estf/

Thankyou all for your help Should've come on here and asked sooner!
    Now for Al'akir 10/12 yippee!

Update : We got him down after 2 attempts tonight.

1st attempt - we wiped on 65k health! never lol'd so much in my life >.<
    2nd - WIN! with no deaths.

WoL posted - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-14prblxldd89estf/

Thankyou all for your help Should've come on here and asked sooner!
    Congrats, I found Cho'gall easier than Al'Akir and Nef but maybe that's just me

Al'akir actually isn't all that tough as long as people understand how to move. Phase 1, dont stand in squall line and dont stand in ice patches. Phase 2, keep the add debuff rolling on the boss as much as you can, what we end up doing is holding the adds until the 3rd spawns and then start burning them down, they dont have a lot of hp so 1-2 dps can handle them. Phase 3 is the tricky part. make sure people adjust their cameras so they are behind their toon and not above of at a 45 degree angle. you need to be able to see the clouds and how far you have to move.