Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dattish View Post
    I'd say, look up Kamil. He was an awesome inspiration back in the days.
    There have always been great Rets just each season a new one emerges and the old top dog leaves. Kamil however is probably one of the longest running and most common Ret names. Not because of reaching Rank 1 because very few people actually care about that but he has always put out good funny videos and excels at playing the spec.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Vanguards doesn't do rated battlegrounds. No rating per se. So he has a special comp that works for him but it's not an outcome other Rets should expect. RBG is where I believe you are truly tested because there are more factors you can't control. Ret just sucks and Blizz wants it that way. Roll a Mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/arena/dr...3/sushi%20day/

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/arena/sa...ken%20warrior/

Vanguards main and alt Rets both with 0 games played since 4.1 sooo ya he isn't playing the Rets.
    he still plays coconutjoe post-4.1 afaik? not seriously, but yeah, he's still got an "active" ret

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealous View Post
    Vengeance isn't considered an enrage, but a magic buff iirc. So purge should work, while Shiv shouldn't.
    Vengeance IS an enrage. Shiv works on Vengeance, Purge won't.

Quote Originally Posted by rubyloc View Post
    he still plays coconutjoe post-4.1 afaik? not seriously, but yeah, he's still got an "active" ret
    He played ret/bm/rsham to 2700 post 4.1 in half blues.

So yeah, i guess ret is still terrible (shrug)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slickx View Post
    He played ret/bm/rsham to 2700 post 4.1 in half blues.

So yeah, i guess ret is still terrible (shrug)
    Considering he is one of under a dozen ret paladins in the world above 2300 rating yea ret is fairly terrible.

The only reason he is able to reach that high of ratings with ret is because he has the reaction timing of a fighter pilot, the best ISP service in the US, a great PC & a arena comp that relies on 1 thing that thing is bursting down enemies within the first 20 seconds or losing.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeyu View Post
    Seriously,

I'm stuck at 1650 rating, seems like i can't get better, Im always ridiculed by range DPS in Duels...anyone with a rating of 1850 or + will just faceroll me. Is their somewhere some kind of good PVP guide or Youtube channel kind of like swifty (the warrior) but for Ret? THere is something i'm doing wrong. If a high rated Ret would like to spend some time on IMS with me or even on my server and watch my duels and give me a few tips or even in here, it would be sooo much appreciated.

Please help me!

My wowarmory : http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ol/xeyu/simple

Thanks in advance!
    I'm sure you are very skilled. It's just that the state that Ret is in now, there is just no point in trying, cause you won't get much higher than that.
    Even if you are extremely skilled, equally skilled players at the same rating will know exactly how to counter a broken class/spec, and they will have no problem doing so.

In addition: As far as i've been told (can't say if it's true so don't take my word for it) Vanguard, an extremely skilled ret, stopped playing while he had the rating to try go for Glad. I think this is the greatest nerf ever made to a single class/spec combination... ever. Besides, now they also INCREASED the cost of our castable heals... what a fucking joke...

I don't know if you or anyone else cares, but that was it for me. I am quitting now. I can't take that kind of bashing... Fuck Blizzard... Really.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascendanzy View Post
    I'm sure you are very skilled. It's just that the state that Ret is in now, there is just no point in trying, cause you won't get much higher than that.
    Telling someone there is no point in trying to get beyond 1650 is.....so ridiculous I don't know what to say. There are gladiator level rets currently playing. The 3rd ranked 3s team in my BG has a ret on it. Don't be absurd, Chicken Little.

I think this is the greatest nerf ever made to a single class/spec combination... ever. Besides, now they also INCREASED the cost of our castable heals... what a fucking joke...
    No, the WOG cooldown was not the biggest PVP nerf in the history of wow, shockingly enough. I applaud how ridiculously out of touch your claims are.

The mana increase of some holy spells...
    1. Is a holy thing, and has nothing to do with Rets. If you're using casted heals in arena, that might be a clue as to why you think Rets can't do better than 1650. Problem is between the chair and the monitor.
    2. Won't hurt HPallies since they don't have mana issues anyways.
    3. Is just a small counterbalance to the fact that the 4.2 crit changes (heals now crit for 2x instead of 1.5) will benefit HPallies more than any other class.

I don't know if you or anyone else cares, but that was it for me. I am quitting now. I can't take that kind of bashing... Fuck Blizzard... Really.
    What a terrible loss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beingmused View Post
    Telling someone there is no point in trying to get beyond 1650 is.....so ridiculous I don't know what to say. There are gladiator level rets currently playing. The 3rd ranked 3s team in my BG has a ret on it. Don't be absurd, Chicken Little.

No, the WOG cooldown was not the biggest PVP nerf in the history of wow, shockingly enough. I applaud how ridiculously out of touch your claims are.

1. Is a holy thing, and has nothing to do with Rets. If you're using casted heals in arena, that might be a clue as to why you think Rets can't do better than 1650. Problem is between the chair and the monitor.
    3. Is just a small counterbalance to the fact that the 4.2 crit changes (heals now crit for 2x instead of 1.5) will benefit HPallies more than any other class.

What a terrible loss.
    Could you maybe tone down the level of obnoxiousness in your posts? It's unpleasant even skimming through them.
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

Deleted
    Of course it wasn't my intention to make him stop trying. I apologize for that badly composed sentence.
    Thanks for the information sir. Would you please tell me Who's the best 2v2 ret and position aswell? Same with 5v5 please. Because i can't see he was talking about 3v3 specifically. And besides, he was mentioning duels. You cannot escape the fact that most classes will defeat a retribution if they know what they are doing.

First of all, i was not only talking about the WoG nerf. Because i can live with WoG being nerfed because i agree that we were made for dpsing and shall continue to do so. Although they did nerf Divine Protection CD aswell as the ICD on Sacred Shield. Talking regular battelgrounds for example: (Because not everyone spends several hours a week doing arena to boost ingame epeen. I do that via Achievements) In battlegrounds i do NOT carry a personal healer with me in my backpocket, and if i am able to get out of a fight alive, i want to heal myself up, and that was already difficult enough as it was. Or take bubble for example... If there is nowhere to run, you have to heal, go ahead and try to see how much health you can gain from full mana... Start at 5k hp and tell me how much you have when you go oom.

I was not talking about Holy paladins. You took what i said out of context. I could not care less about holy. And the fact that The crit has been changed doesn't mean much to a crappy geared ret like myself, because we stack mastery. Not crit.

What a terrible loss.
    There is absolutely NO reason to be rude.
    Last edited by mmoc4ed396b4ca; 2011-05-12 at 07:21 PM.

ahahaha Ascendanzy, if i couldn't get past 1600 in 3s (like you) i'd be crying about my class too.

Ever think that it's maybe not the class and its possibly you?

Deleted
    ahahaha Ascendanzy, if i couldn't get past 1600 in 3s (like you) i'd be crying about my class too.

Ever think that it's maybe not the class and its possibly you?
    I you would've read my last comment, i just stated i don't play much arena (actually, not at all). And i will say it again: I was talking about ret in pvp as a whole, and not only Arena.

And yes ofcourse it's partially me, i never stated that i was good, or even decent at it. But it does not matter. Because you know just as damn well as i do what happens when you fight a Feral Druid, Frost Mage, Blood DK etc etc.

But thanks for being an ignorant prick <3 Atleast i got to giggle a little.

10+ Year Old Account
    This will NOT turn in to a PVP e-peen contest. Cut the bashing or I start bashing skulls in.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

I you would've read my last comment, i just stated i don't play much arena (actually, not at all). And i will say it again: I was talking about ret in pvp as a whole, and not only Arena.

And yes ofcourse it's partially me, i never stated that i was good, or even decent at it. But it does not matter. Because you know just as damn well as i do what happens when you fight a Feral Druid, Frost Mage, Blood DK etc etc.

But thanks for being an ignorant prick <3 Atleast i got to giggle a little.
    The game isn't balanced around 1v1 so i don't care about that.

I just find it funny how you cry about ret in arena when you obviously don't know what your talking about.

When a mod posts a big red warning to stop bashing each other, you should do it in the next friggin' post. - Hitsurugi
    Last edited by Malthanis; 2011-05-12 at 08:10 PM.

Of course it wasn't my intention to make him stop trying. I apologize for that badly composed sentence.
    Thanks for the information sir. Would you please tell me Who's the best 2v2 ret and position aswell? Same with 5v5 please. Because i can't see he was talking about 3v3 specifically. And besides, he was mentioning duels. You cannot escape the fact that most classes will defeat a retribution if they know what they are doing.
    Well then apologies for the strident tone of my reply; it is just that yours was the second reply in this thread I've seen that something along the lines of "its all the spec's fault, there's no way you can be helped", which is just dishonest and unhelpful to the extreme to the OP.

I have no idea what Rets have the highest ratings in 2s and 5s. PVP gets less balanced the fewer people involved, which is why duels are completely meaningless, and 2s somewhat less so. Since he mentions arena rating, I'm going to assume he just wants to know how to play arena PVP better overall, no matter what bracket he's in.

If there is nowhere to run, you have to heal, go ahead and try to see how much health you can gain from full mana... Start at 5k hp and tell me how much you have when you go oom. I was not talking about Holy paladins. You took what i said out of context.
    I didn't take it out of context, I was merely pointing out that the holy change doesn't hurt Rets in competitive PVP. You're talking about casting heals on yourself in BGs, which isn't a concern in Arena or RBGs. Even in regular BGs, it is a better use of your time to just die and respawn than it is to cast Holy Lights on yourself until you're OOM.

OP: Here's some things you can do. First, none of your PVP gear is reforged, and you should do so to emphasize mastery. Secondly, your spec could be improved. Why a point in divine storm? The points in selfless healer and eternal glory don't help much now with the WOG CD - shift eternal glory points to Divinity, and unlock the 2nd tier of the Prot tree so you can get improved HoJ. Consider only using 1 point in Acts of Sacrifice - the only bonus there is having 20% less HoF CD vs. 10%, which is a small difference.

Here's an AJ guide that is helpful, if not up to date with 4.1 changes:
    http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/18...paladin-guide/

As far as general tactics, you can read up on how the TSG comp plays (warrior/DK/holy paladin). We are similar to Frost DKs in terms of burst (we're tied or ahead of them when Zealotry+AW+trinkets are up, obviously behind when they're not), and mobility (they're more easily kitable than we are, which is why TSG's tend to run with Holy paladins for HOFs on the DK). And since people are talking about that comp a lot right now, you can take what is said about Frost DKs and adapt it to your own general tactics.

Deleted
    The game isn't balanced around 1v1 so i don't care about that.

I just find it funny how you cry about ret in arena when you obviously don't know what your talking about.
    No, i've heard that a few times now.. That it's not balanced around 1v1, and i can understand that, it would be kinda hard to do that.
    But it still does not change the fact that you will lose in 1v1 against most classes (that are capable of handling them).
    And i'm not sure if you are aware, but in battlegrounds it CAN actually happen that you have to fight another player 1v1. Believe it or not.
    And one (i hope) is not supposed to run away if one does not have backup because one knows it's, in most cases, pointless in trying to counter, say, a frostmage. (As an example)

I'm sorry, but i don't understand how you manage to twist my sentences into me whining about arena?
    I guess you didn't read my last comment that was aimed for "Beingmused" in which i explained what i meant?

---------- Post added 2011-05-12 at 10:02 PM ----------

Well then apologies for the strident tone of my reply; it is just that yours was the second reply in this thread I've seen that something along the lines of "its all the spec's fault, there's no way you can be helped", which is just dishonest and unhelpful to the extreme to the OP.

I have no idea what Rets have the highest ratings in 2s and 5s. PVP gets less balanced the fewer people involved, which is why duels are completely meaningless, and 2s somewhat less so. Since he mentions arena rating, I'm going to assume he just wants to know how to play arena PVP better overall, no matter what bracket he's in.

I didn't take it out of context, I was merely pointing out that the holy change doesn't hurt Rets in competitive PVP. You're talking about casting heals on yourself in BGs, which isn't a concern in Arena or RBGs. Even in regular BGs, it is a better use of your time to just die and respawn than it is to cast Holy Lights on yourself until you're OOM.
    I see that we had a big missunderstanding you and i, as we interpreted his text differently, obviously.

And you are correct in what you say. I just hope that you understand my situation, and what i mean. As i don't do competitive Arena/RBGs.
    I am merely a casual player who seeks to have some fun in random battlegrounds when i have some free time on my hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another thing ... I just didn't want to create a new thread just for this, but:

Is it just me, not seeing it, or was the "buff" to Repentance just removed from the patch notes on the front page? I seriously hope it's just some simple issue with the page, or something like that, and not ... you know what.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Andron View Post
    Another thing ... I just didn't want to create a new thread just for this, but:

Is it just me, not seeing it, or was the "buff" to Repentance just removed from the patch notes on the front page? I seriously hope it's just some simple issue with the page, or something like that, and not ... you know what.
    maybe because it was never in the patch note, it was part of datamined spell, this could go live or stay the way it is now.
    Yet that wont change much to all problem except in pve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora View Post
    maybe because it was never in the patch note, it was part of datamined spell, this could go live or stay the way it is now.
    Yet that wont change much to all problem except in pve.
    Oh, right. Forgot that. Well ... it practically HAS to go live or you can drop Repentance as CC completely with the new mechanic.

There are gladiator level rets currently playing. The 3rd ranked 3s team in my BG has a ret on it. Don't be absurd, Chicken Little.
    I bet you they're not queueing anymore, just like every other top retribution paladin. Your point is moot.