Preserve my UI after Name change/server transfer/faction change.

I've looked around and not found much in the way of non-conflicting instructions, and can attest to the one I tried after a name change not working.
    Would anyone be willing to link if there is a good posting somewhere?
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ransfer+change
    Kinda helped. Other searches have been less helpful.

Deleted
    im not sure, but most addons have a "profile" option, once you have name changed can you not just select the old profile on the addons?

Deleted
    Well you can copy the contents of the map with your old character realm/name from WTF over to the new one, but as most settings are saved in one single file (SavedVariables), you'll have to copy the profile of your old character name in each addon. That's the way I did it at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    what i did when we moved server was basically, log into that character on the server, it creates a new folder

from the WTF of the original character, copy everything out of it, comepletely exit the game, paste the older folders contents over the new one

(open the macro file and copy the contents directly, sometimes this doesn't copy right) and log in

the only addon i can remember not working was bartender, which i loaded /bt4, and then loaded the profile form my old server onto the new one

we moved an entire guild, and this method had mixed reviews, worked for some, not for others, but it worked perfect for me (and i moved about 6 characters)