Razer Naga Epic macro question.

So I remember reading somewhere that Blizz would allow people with a g15 to use the macro functions where you can loop a macro, the Razer Naga comes with a macro setup too. I'm wondering if it is illegal/bannable to use the macro function here, "as long as I dont leave my computer" I think the blue post said (like they would ever know). Main reason for this is prospecting/milling hundreds of stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmela View Post
    So I remember reading somewhere that Blizz would allow people with a g15 to use the macro functions where you can loop a macro, the Razer Naga comes with a macro setup too. I'm wondering if it is illegal/bannable to use the macro function here, "as long as I dont leave my computer" I think the blue post said (like they would ever know). Main reason for this is prospecting/milling hundreds of stacks.
    I believe the general rule is if the macro does more than one thing for you that you normally could not do within the constraints of the game.. then its breaking the rules.

Two skills off of the GCD is okay, IE: Avenging Wrath and a Trinket.
    But if a macro does two skills for you that is ON the GCD, then it is against the TOS
    IE: Crusader Strike then Judgement with only one mouse click/press.
    Last edited by solvexx; 2011-05-07 at 02:34 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmela View Post
    So I remember reading somewhere that Blizz would allow people with a g15 to use the macro functions where you can loop a macro
    Source? That's against everything they've said (and acted on) in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Source? That's against everything they've said (and acted on) in the past.
    Lol, he/she must of just read something a blue post said wrong... Unfortunately.

If a cat was attacking your face, and you had to defend yourself with both hands, could your character continue what it is doing in-game?

If so it's not allowed.

On the other hand the Razer Naga mouse software is installed on every computer with a Naga whether or not it uses a macro capability and detecting its presence means nothing.
    Last edited by lawomous; 2011-05-07 at 03:19 AM.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Looked for it, couldnt find it, as much as I remember though the blue said the looping was illegal but they would allow using the G15 keyboard to use macros. Now once the macro was pressed they could see the third party program running maybe but wouldnt know if you looped it or not.

---------- Post added 2011-05-07 at 03:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    If a cat was attacking your face, and you had to defend yourself with both hands, could your character continue what it is doing in-game?

If so it's not allowed.
    Honestly, I've spammed my scroll wheel with my feet while reading with a prospecting macro, so yes?

No. They said the opposite, that the g15 and similar products that allow automation are against the ToS and bannable. But how are they gonna detect it?
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    No. They said the opposite, that the g15 and similar products that allow automation are against the ToS and bannable. But how are they gonna detect it?
    For example, the driver software of the G15 might contain hooks to detect such automation (wouldn't be surprised) - besides, it's also impossible for a human to push the macro in exactly the same interval every time, so that's another dead giveaway right there.

im quite sure that they said that they will never ban someone for using a prospecting macro. gonna try to find the source

Blizz has said you can't do anything that you can't do in game through macros such as multiple (GCD) abilities on one key or loops.
    Anything you can do with an in-game macro is fine, anything else is not.

And just for people's info since they don't seem to realize this, WOW has built-in protection software that actively monitors your memory for such activity and programs. If you would actually read those agreements you just scroll to the bottom of and hit AGREE on, you'd see where they even ask your permission to do this and you agreed.

the best and safest thing is to simply not use it if you cant find a legitimate blue on it. Asking on forums you may get bad info. I have naga and macro keyboard I dont use it for combining any types of macros just for the fear of getting banned.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    They've stated multiple times that if you're using a hardware macro to do something that's not possible via addons or the in-game macro system, that it is considered botting and is a bannable offense. A friend of mine who is on the team that looks into reports of botting agreed with this when I asked him in person - hardware macros that violate the "one hardware action = one gcd action" rule can get you banned.