10+ Year Old Account

Your Opinion on the Razer Carcharias

Have looked and reviewed different headsets have had The Fatal1ty head set, and Creative sound blaster.
    Looking for opinions on this product:
    http://store.razerzone.com/store/raz...oryId.35096300
    Have seen many good reviews on it.

I want these too, but what I wonder is if the little snake logo thing on the side lights up blue like the Naga and keyboard do. I have a black computer with a blue backlight I'm getting to go with it so I'd like for it all to match. Would be slightly butthurt if not, but oh well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was wondering that too, apparently they're very comfortable, the sound phenomenal, but they seems to wear and tear after awhile if used "improperly". From reviews anyway.

---------- Post added 2011-05-07 at 06:22 AM ----------

But then other reviews state that no problems after 2 year. So it's just confusing on how people are screwing them up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been using these for a year now, and not a single problem has arisen. I can sit here and wear them all day and forget they're on my head. Sound quality has remained amazing, the mic quality is always perfect, and it has a handy toggle switch for the mic for things like Skype.

I've dropped them and bumped them on things, and so much else that should have broken lesser headphones, but they still stand strong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ty for the input, looking for performance reviews from fellow gamers keep em coming

10+ Year Old Account
    i'm sure they are awesome but the way i go through headsets, be it rolling over the cord with my chair and other misshaps theres absolutely no way i would spend over 15$ on a headset ...... unless of course they had a detachable cable that could easily be replaced

------------------------------------------
    braided cord or not, rolling over headset wires with a chair will damage the wires inside and eventually cause them to have static and eventually not work at all
    Last edited by lockblock; 2011-05-07 at 04:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It does have a braided cord, From my experience they seem to be nearly impossible to pull the wires or cut them by such.

It's pretty much like every Razer item. Cheap plastic that doesn't feel solid at all. The sound quality is also far below par, when compared to any decent equal price headset.

Buy Razer if you buy apple.. Just so you can say "I have a razer item" and pretend to be cool. Otherwise be smart, and buy for cost vs quality.

Mod Warning: Everyone has their opinion. Don't generalize it though. It'll only cause flaming.
    Last edited by mmoc0fc091fcb6; 2011-05-07 at 10:33 AM.

I love them. The cord is braided, yes, and is incredibly durable. The logo does NOT light up, but meh, the actual headphones are fantastic. No, they're not $150 7.1 headphones, but they don't have to be. They serve their purpose as a decent priced headset with great quality.

I've had mine for a couple years now. They are holding up very well (moved them with me all the way to China from America). They are very comfortable and sound great. I would definitely recommend this headset.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please Continue the reviews, and if you are going to mentions cons, be thorough please, instead of just sounding like a troll ty.

I've also got these. Sound quality is perfect. Never have any static from mic (at least friends don't say i do). Good set if headphones for the price. The sides do not light up.

They're good real good. They feel flimsy at first as though you can break em but mine have slingshotted half way across the room and nailed the side of an old tower and nothing broke so they pass durability in my book. The braided cable is a godsend and the sound quality is great. They're super comfy but my only gripe is that the muffs dont completley block out all the sound from around you. But for $80 its a dang good headset, easily the best i've owned.

I recently went from cheap $20-30 sets to a FAILtal1ty set to Carcharias to the Logitec G35 and now on to the Megalodons.

I loved the Carcharias for things like VIOP and random youtube stuff that didn't involve much music. They are an open ear design in where its great if your like me and like to hear your games through the normal computer speakers and listen to your Vent/Mumble/Skype through your headset.

If your sessions are longer then an even an hour, the Razer Carcharias or Magalodons are far and above more comfortable then anything I have ever tried out.

Any creative headset I have ever tried has just failed horribly in mic output quality. I have tried ones from $10 to $120 and all have had the same terrible mic quality.

Going up to directional sound, the sound quality from the Logitec G35 is much better then the Razers, but they are also an enclosed headset and feel heavy after a short amount of time.

IMO, The main advantage of the Razer over any ones that I have tried, is the comfort. I can toss these on for 4+ hours (with glasses on) and they still feel like I just put them on for the day.
    Another advantage is that they are an open air style. This better allows you to utilize the headset for one set of sounds (typically VIOP) and your computer speakers for other sounds. You can clearly hear your computer speakers but have things like vent being loud and clear. Just try playing with game sounds and listen to someone talk by using the same speakers. Enclosed sets like most Stienheiser or the G35 don't let you hear many sounds outside what is coming from the headset itself. They are great for movies and music, but for my experience, a huge issue when i comes to gaming and programs like Ventrillo or Mumble.

The bad about them... well.. they do kinda feel cheap. The physical feeling of them is that of cheap plastic but really, this is somewhat expected for the weight of them and in reasons towards their comfort level.
    Music and movies are not all that impressive either. I don't think these headsets use a traditional speaker and the sound quality when it comes to things like action movies or music don't come through as well as they do on things like Creative over-the-ear headsets. But really, why are you listening to a Chuck Norris movie with headphones on?? pull out the old tower subs and crank em!

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Have it, love it, recommend it. Very comfortable, great sound quality for the price, doesn't bother glasses-wearing any.

Only downside imo: the velvet cover to the ear pieces attract cat hair like no tomorrow. XD Also, my cat likes to try to eat the cord, but because it's braided he cannot (yay!).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazefury5 View Post
    I was wondering that too, apparently they're very comfortable, the sound phenomenal, but they seems to wear and tear after awhile if used "improperly". From reviews anyway.

But then other reviews state that no problems after 2 year. So it's just confusing on how people are screwing them up.
    probably running your computerchair wheels over the cord 900 times. I've broken atleast 10 headets like that

Sound is good, I can wear them for days, they dont block sound.

You can hear all and anyone next to you can hear what you are listening to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hell I've done that to my regular wired Fatal1ty headset and it is never a problem even had it to where I run over it and try pulling my head back and it pulls on the wires. People have to be going apeshit with that to get them to actually break

---------- Post added 2011-05-07 at 07:52 PM ----------

Ya my cat loves the braided cord on my Naga, and the Fatal1ty headset is velvet definitely not bothered with the hair intake.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazefury5 View Post

Yeah mine are very comfy and do sound good.