Where do I find the computer threads on beginner builds?

I wish to spend about 1000 AUS on a computer built from a shop who will put all the parts together for me.
    But.. I know little to nothing about computers.

I want to play on ultra with ATLEAST 50+ FPS.
    Is this attainable with 1000 dollars?

I mean really.. I know nothing -.- lulul.
    Also.. I live in Sydney, so if anyone knows any good shops who will do this for me around there, that would be helpful too!
    Thanks!

Don't really know much about availability in au, but there are sites out there which let you choose a custom build and they'll assemble and test it for you for a fee. Found this one with a google search:
    http://www.centrecom.com.au

If you go to PC Systems -> Custom pc builder, you can put together this intel build:

- Intel CPU: Intel CPU Core i5 2500, 3.30GHz, 6MB CACHE, LGA1155
    - Intel Motherboards: Asus P8H67-M-LE v3 Inter Mainboard (B3 Stepping) - 2x DDR3, 6x Sata, 2x USB3.0, Gigabit Lan, LGA 1155
    - Desktop Hard Drives: Samsung Spinpoint 1TB 7200RPM 32Mb SATA2
    - Optical Drives: LG DVD Burner (GH22NS70)
    - Desktop Memory: Corsair 4GB (2x 2GB) DDR3 1600MHz CL 9 XMS3 (CMX4GX3M2B1600C9)
    - Graphics Cards: Gigabyte ATI RADEON 6850 1GB OC, DVI X2, HDMI Graphics Card
    - Monitor: Asus 20" VE205T BLACK LCD - 5MS / WSXGA 1600x900 / D-SUB / DVI / SPKS
    - Cases (PSU included): Cooler Master Elite 370 - Black ATX Tower Case (500W)
    - Assembly: Built By Centre Com

Costs $986, including the computer, monitor, and assembly/testing, but not including mouse/keyboard/operating-system
    It would be easily capable of doing what you need it to.
    Prices in general seem to be a bit steeper on Australian sites than US ones =\
    You could save $50 if you have an old pc with a cd/dvd rom/rw drive that you could salvage... or a lot more if you already have a tv or monitor that you can use.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Does anyone else have any suggestions?

Thanks heaps for your help Taek too!

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydene View Post
    www.tinyurl.com/FalconGuide

Decent guide for beginners.
    I dont know what any of that means though.. Or what I should be looking for -.-

Hi i'm also from Australia and intend to build a gaming pc for around $1000 but decided to wait til ivy bridge comes out. If you are from Victoria go to Scorption Technology website you can build a custom pc by click on the tab...its very easy. Or you can one of their systems they put together (also you can use it as a guide). When you are finished (put the order in) with you''re system they will check the compatibility and let you know any issues before they build, you can ask them any questions they are really good. They're costs are average but customer service is superb. Australian forum for computer related stuff is Whirlpool Forums 'discussions'. Go through the various posts under desktop pc, monitor, gpu they are very helpful.

Good luck.