Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Exclamation Need healing help disc and holy Plz Or am I just bad!!!

    Ok so I cannot post my armory link but my stats are
    item lvl 353
    stamina 5000
    intelect 5000
    spirit 1100
    mastery 12.0
    haste 13.04
    crit 14.48



    I am struggling with disc in the fact my dps keep dying I can keep the tank up but in za and zg the dps just keep wiping so fast. I don't understand is my gear bad. I cannot seem to do good aoe heal. Sjould I go holy for aoe healing.

    For disc i pop shield then renew then meanding, and heal accordiling.

    Is holy easier for aoe heals. Should I change gear. Plz help me guys. I get kicked from 5 mans and raids and I am getting to the point of maybe just giving it up. I really need help.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by mdnsiper7 View Post
    Ok so I cannot post my armory link but my stats are
    item lvl 353
    stamina 5000
    intelect 5000
    spirit 1100
    mastery 12.0
    haste 13.04
    crit 14.48



    I am struggling with disc in the fact my dps keep dying I can keep the tank up but in za and zg the dps just keep wiping so fast. I don't understand is my gear bad. I cannot seem to do good aoe heal. Sjould I go holy for aoe healing.

    For disc i pop shield then renew then meanding, and heal accordiling.

    Is holy easier for aoe heals. Should I change gear. Plz help me guys. I get kicked from 5 mans and raids and I am getting to the point of maybe just giving it up. I really need help.
    Don't use Heal
    Don't use Renew
    Use Greater Heal
    Save Penance for a rainy moment

    When people take damage, it's damage. Not a 8.000 health loss you save with Heal. Heal has the same cast time as Greater Heal. Greater Heal is 3x more expensive to cast, but heals exactly 3x as much. It's the same health per mana spent. Gheal when target is at 80% or less, ignore them otherwise. Throw renew in the trash in 5:mans, 90% of the renew is going to be overheal. Don't PoM unless it WILL bounce 5 times.

    Just Gheal and PoH, don't spec into SoS, see Weakened Soul as a "Buff" you're supposed to have on the target 24/7. This will greatly improve your mana return.
    Fiend early, exactly whenever you've lost 30% mana. Don't use it on trash, have it ready for bossfights. Tank won't wait for your mana, they're stupid.
    Don't stand in fires. "Heal spam" works if you're holy in single target heal chakra with a renew on the tank. Heal is a bad spell. If you Heal a tank or player with low health, they're gonna die. Heal should be removed from your spellbook. Heal is only good when you're terrible bad geared. Heal is bad, learn to don't use it. People argue that they can spam Heal without going oom. That is an invalid argument. You should always heal bad DPS even if they stand in fires, if you keep them alive they will atleast do damage. Argue and yell at them after the encounter, but keep them ALIVE during. /lol at DPS who stand in fires, then res them.

    Repeat all above. Only heal tips I have for any healer.
    Last edited by Juber; 2011-05-07 at 10:46 AM.

  3. #3
    You are item level 353 with 1100 Spirit?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by fragglerocker View Post
    You are item level 353 with 1100 Spirit?
    That's just very very bad. I didn't even notice the 1100 spirit. Don't use DPS gear when you heal. You probably gemmed crit too.

  5. #5
    Yeah I couldn't say specifically for priest but I think most healers tend to aim for the 2k spirit mark. Anything below is not good. Additionally if you just listed Region, Realm, Character name, we could just look you up and see other stats.

  6. #6
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    France
    Posts
    263
    I'll go with the second part of your title.

  7. #7
    The Lightbringer Tehterokkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,357
    You should have 2200 Spirit at least in 346 gear. That is your problem

  8. #8
    link your toon on armoury.

  9. #9
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Elizabeth, PA
    Posts
    149
    Actually, for a disc healer, crit is about the best stat after mastery. We don't need haste because of borrowed time.
    Mate, I would get your spirit up over 2k. I have run the new heroics at least 8 times now to completion, and have not even SEEN a piece of spirit gear drop, so don't count on that. If you are healing in DPS gear, get healing gear from regular heroics. Gem for mastery until comfortable, then worry about crit (which you really shouldn't need to gem for... gem intellect to get your crit, and reforge haste into crit).
    I disagree with heal being a bad spell. Heal can be great when spammed, because if you have over 2k spirit, your regen is almost even with the cost. Furthermore, with borrowed time talent, heal fires off fast enough to keep up in most situations. However, it may not keep up in the new heroics. Holy is vastly superior for these due to the massive AoE damage groups take. Since shield spam is not very mana cost-effective, ZA and ZG as disc are extremely rough, especially as you don't have as many "oh shit" buttons as a holy priest. This isn't just guardian spirit and circle of healing and lightwell, but the joys of serendipity, which boosts your GH cast time after you use flash or binding heal. A true lifesaver. Disc simply isn't set up for sustained group healing.
    My advice, unless you overgear the content, use holy for the new dungeons. Disc cannot seem to keep up with the aoe damage on certain fights. Do not get me wrong, I was through there with my rogue the other day and a disc healer got us through ZG, but she was extremely gifted and we had a talented group as far as CC/aggro management/DPS/situational awareness. Disc won't heal a PuG through there, I reckon.

    If you want, take a look at my armory. Do not pay attention to my gear so much as my spec and my reforges/gemming: My spec is set up for holy raid heals. Notice that, for the new five mans, I reforged into haste to hit the "lolrenewcap" of 12.57% without raid buffs, so as to hit an extra renew tick unaided. This does not affect me much, as I was very close before the reforges and my mastery hasn't been noticably reduced.
    My gems are Int, Int/spi and Int/haste. As holy, that's the only way to go (depending. If you are raiding, you may want to swap Int/haste for Int/mastery). As for disc, prioritize mastery above all, then crit. Don't reforge your spirit. Like I said, due to borrowed time, haste is about useless.
    That said, my offspec is disc, but is a poor example for dungeon healing because it is set up for PvP (I know, I specced into haste in the shadow tree... that was a mistake and will be addressed). Don't forget to grab inspiration and desperate prayer from holy tree if you go disc, though.

    EDIT: forgot to link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ormon/advanced

    TL;DR - If you're pugging, forget healing ZA or ZG as disc due to the massive aoe damage and lesser resources than holy. If you are running with guild, get your CC/situational awareness/DPS on track and you will be fine.

  10. #10
    For disc your priority should be INT>Mastery>Spirit>crit 1100spirit is really really low and your mastery is quite low haste is obscenely high.
    Here is my benchwarming priest 350 item level and proper stats.

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssès/advanced

    Here is my current Main Which albeit some weird gemming and reforging bit of shadow dpsing going on for chogall and some other fights as of late still you will see again a properly gemmed enchanted and mostly Reforged properly Holy priest. Actually i am reforged and gemmed 100% atm for holy. So yea

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hakè/advanced

    Pls take note that my bench priest can have severely better stats than you higher ilvl toon by simply gemming enchanting and reforging properly.

    I hope this helps ya out!
    Last edited by Milkshake86; 2011-05-07 at 11:46 AM.

  11. #11
    well i geared my disc to mastery/haste with no crit peices at all for healing 10man hc when you arent just tank healing as we have a holydin on tanks full time (where you mostly heal raid/keep sheild + inspiration rolling on tank) sitting on about 17mastery and 12% haste unbuffed also you get + crit on targets with WS up.

    id agree stack mastery/crit for focus tank healing but if you have to raid heal in 10 or 25 man you want high haste as well as mastery for PoH spam
    Last edited by Jimeeh; 2011-05-07 at 03:36 PM.

  12. #12
    yea I put everything into haste cause I heard we needed tons of haste, didnt think spirit was important because I have so much mana, 95k unbuffed.

    so more spirit less haste

  13. #13
    You need around 2000 spirit as disc, I wouldn't go for more than that though. Other secondary stats depends on role - for 5 mans I find a balanced setup works fine, you don't really want to stack loads of haste though.

    Definitely drop renew from your rot - you don't need it. Spec ToT, use inner focus on cooldown and GH.

  14. #14
    first thing i saw was your ammount of spirit need to get this up so you dont oom
    thought it shouldnt mather to keep your grp alive caus if you dont oom spirit is nothing

    think its mybe your spec pick
    & how you use it

    also dont forget the new instance have some deadly stuff in them that YOUR group needs to be aware of
    & react to it
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucapa View Post
    The shadow priest buff/nerf cycle:
    Being underpowered for 6 months in ToC, no problem.
    Being overpowered for 2 days, hotfix nerfed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    All I saw was
    Patch Notes:
    Warlocks fun factor nerfed by 700%

  15. #15
    The thing as disc is, your mastery scales with crit. So if you have tons of haste, you'll want to also get tons of crit, because more crit means you benefit from your mastery more often. Haste isn't really needed as disc, since you have your haste buff after casting shields, and you have your shields which do in no way scale with haste. You toss in Spirit until you have about 2k, maybe 2.2-2.5k even, but make sure to NEVER sacrifice INT for any other stat, as in: Always gem for int, make sure to always take any int socket bonuses (use int/mastery or int/spirit gems for that), always enchant for int, and use int trinkets.

    As Holy, try to aim for about 2.4k-2.5k spirit for normal heroics, or 3k spirit for raids, then stack haste and mastery, try to avoid crit (because as holy you really do not get anything from crit). Still try to always gem/gear for int, even on trinkets if possible.

  16. #16
    Herald of the Titans Oneirophobia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Summoner's Rift, feeding Darius. >:D
    Posts
    2,675
    Quote Originally Posted by Juber View Post
    Don't use Heal
    Don't use Renew
    Use Greater Heal
    Save Penance for a rainy moment

    When people take damage, it's damage. Not a 8.000 health loss you save with Heal. Heal has the same cast time as Greater Heal. Greater Heal is 3x more expensive to cast, but heals exactly 3x as much. It's the same health per mana spent. Gheal when target is at 80% or less, ignore them otherwise. Throw renew in the trash in 5:mans, 90% of the renew is going to be overheal. Don't PoM unless it WILL bounce 5 times.

    Just Gheal and PoH, don't spec into SoS, see Weakened Soul as a "Buff" you're supposed to have on the target 24/7. This will greatly improve your mana return.
    Fiend early, exactly whenever you've lost 30% mana. Don't use it on trash, have it ready for bossfights. Tank won't wait for your mana, they're stupid.
    Don't stand in fires. "Heal spam" works if you're holy in single target heal chakra with a renew on the tank. Heal is a bad spell. If you Heal a tank or player with low health, they're gonna die. Heal should be removed from your spellbook. Heal is only good when you're terrible bad geared. Heal is bad, learn to don't use it. People argue that they can spam Heal without going oom. That is an invalid argument. You should always heal bad DPS even if they stand in fires, if you keep them alive they will atleast do damage. Argue and yell at them after the encounter, but keep them ALIVE during. /lol at DPS who stand in fires, then res them.

    Repeat all above. Only heal tips I have for any healer.
    Seriously disagree with the PoM part. Isn't it generally accepted that you use it on cooldown? Its probably the best heal per mana spent ability we have (Unless you have Lightwell), especially glyphed.

    INFRACTED! For uhm... Idk, I'll read the ToS later, I'm sure I'll find something in there I can stretch to cover whatever it is I don't like about you.

  17. #17
    Over 9000! Frozenbeef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uk - England
    Posts
    9,990
    For disc your priority should be INT>Mastery>Spirit>crit 1100spirit is really really low and your mastery is quite low haste is obscenely high.
    Here is my benchwarming priest 350 item level and proper stats.
    Just wondering where does haste fit into the stat priority?

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Just wondering where does haste fit into the stat priority?
    Obviously after crit, although you should simply try to avoid gearing for haste, you usually always have the option.

  19. #19
    The Patient sasslefrassed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    Posts
    224
    I recommend you actually look at the Disc/Holy threads on here and on Elitist Jerks. If you think Spirit isn't important as a healer, you obviously have not done much research on your class.
    We could just answer your questions here and tell you what to do, but I seem to remember some saying about teaching a man to fish. So go learn to fish.


    signature by Shyama.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by mdnsiper7 View Post
    yea I put everything into haste cause I heard we needed tons of haste, didnt think spirit was important because I have so much mana, 95k unbuffed.

    so more spirit less haste
    Dude while Haste is important, spirit is more so, I have enough to give me 2500MP5 In combat, even as Disc you should have about that much in Ilvl 353 gear, spirit and Int are your most IMPORTANT STATS EVER!!! You can get your haste from gear and reforging, you should gem for INT and get your spirit from gear too, you shouldn't have to gem for spirit unless you really need it which seems you really do.

    Verth @ Norgannon US if you want to check out my toon. (Don't mind my bracers, I have the worst luck with bracers)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •