Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Juber View Post
    Don't use Heal
    Don't use Renew
    Use Greater Heal
    Save Penance for a rainy moment
    Renew isnt all bad, Its just VERY situational.
    I never use Heal.
    Flash heal in heroics (Unless your are way overgeared for it.) is ONLY a emergency heal.
    I use penance on CD, I dont save it.

    However, You need more spirit, 1100 at ilvl 353? you should have around 1900-2000 by then at least =/ Reforge/Gem/Enchant?

    Edit: Also, an armory would be nice.
    Last edited by Kyzar; 2011-05-08 at 02:40 AM.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    Seriously disagree with the PoM part. Isn't it generally accepted that you use it on cooldown? Its probably the best heal per mana spent ability we have (Unless you have Lightwell), especially glyphed.
    No, it's only our best heal if you get 4-5 bounces. If only the tank is taking damage you just spent 3k mana for a 10k heal, which is definitely not efficient. I don't use PoM on most heroic pulls, only where the dps get hit a lot.

  3. #23
    If your going to play Disc you really only need a ton of int mastery and spirit u can neglect crit and haste is just well not good for disc never has been. You will assume Borrowed time is up. I cannot agree w/ 2k spirit being anywhere near enough for disc especially when ur fall back during heavy aoe is going to be shielding. Shield is heavy on mana cost and 2k just wont cut it. Now ill agree heal is going to be rarely used but flash will be and PoM on CD whoever doesnt is slow.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    If your going to play Disc you really only need a ton of int mastery and spirit u can neglect crit and haste is just well not good for disc never has been. You will assume Borrowed time is up. I cannot agree w/ 2k spirit being anywhere near enough for disc especially when ur fall back during heavy aoe is going to be shielding. Shield is heavy on mana cost and 2k just wont cut it. Now ill agree heal is going to be rarely used but flash will be and PoM on CD whoever doesnt is slow.
    I have 2k spirit and finish most fights with mana to spare (on 10 man), you really don't need that much if you're not spamming pointless overheals or flash heal all the time...

  5. #25
    Your definitely with a resto shaman w/ a ton of spirit if your retaining mana as disc. 1 Good burst of aoe dmg like for instance ODS security measure and shields will be popping on priority targets ofc 10m is a bit relaxed on the amount of healing to be done. Personally id aim for 2500spirit min. Id include tsunami fully proced or jar as part of it tho. So if ur base 2k spirit tsunami ur like 2400ish in a combat situation.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    Your definitely with a resto shaman w/ a ton of spirit if your retaining mana as disc.
    Holy pala and resto druid actually. And I don't get innervates. Good rapture procs, lots of atonement and archangel and Tyrande's Doll does me fine.

    Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    1 Good burst of aoe dmg like for instance ODS security measure and shields will be popping on priority targets ofc 10m is a bit relaxed on the amount of healing to be done. Personally id aim for 2500spirit min. Id include tsunami fully proced or jar as part of it tho. So if ur base 2k spirit tsunami ur like 2400ish in a combat situation.
    Normally just spam poh through stuff like security measure. Unless people are really taking a slapping poh is more efficient, and with aoes over time like that you even get reasonable DA use.

  7. #27
    You should never pick up Jar as a disc in front of the other trinkets that provide intell as mainstat. Spirit is important but not more important than intell -> rupture manaregen.

  8. #28
    Just out of interest, in terms of healing/mana I think Penance gives me my most efficient heal but nobody has mentioned this as a good heal, why so? I use Penance whenever it's off CD. I also use renew just to keep people topped up as an instant cast is useful if you need to reposition at the same time

    Also, in Arena healing how important is Spirit for Disc and how much do people stack (considering Arena matches don't last nearly as long as PvE content)?

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by stiglet View Post
    Just out of interest, in terms of healing/mana I think Penance gives me my most efficient heal but nobody has mentioned this as a good heal, why so? I use Penance whenever it's off CD. I also use renew just to keep people topped up as an instant cast is useful if you need to reposition at the same time

    Also, in Arena healing how important is Spirit for Disc and how much do people stack (considering Arena matches don't last nearly as long as PvE content)?
    I'd say the opposite. When you get higher in the ratings you will meet people you can't blow up in the opener and the matches tend to become rather long. Watch all the good healers, they all run with DMC:Tsunami for a reason.
    Tenser @ EU-Auchindoun
    Officer of <WTFlux> 2-day-weekend-raiding-guild, T14: 8/16HC, T15: 2/13H
    Warlock POV - streaming raids on sat/sun 10am-2pm GMT+1

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Wablakin View Post
    I'd say the opposite. When you get higher in the ratings you will meet people you can't blow up in the opener and the matches tend to become rather long. Watch all the good healers, they all run with DMC:Tsunami for a reason.
    Really? Fair enough then! At the moment my matches are only lasting less than 5 mins but like you say maybe that will change when we get to a higher rating.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by stiglet View Post
    Really? Fair enough then! At the moment my matches are only lasting less than 5 mins but like you say maybe that will change when we get to a higher rating.
    Even my team, 1700 RMP has some games lasting a long time, our record is probably 25min, but this is due to crappy CC chains while at higher ratings it's interrupting CC chains that make them go longer.
    Tenser @ EU-Auchindoun
    Officer of <WTFlux> 2-day-weekend-raiding-guild, T14: 8/16HC, T15: 2/13H
    Warlock POV - streaming raids on sat/sun 10am-2pm GMT+1

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferin View Post
    Holy pala and resto druid actually. And I don't get innervates. Good rapture procs, lots of atonement and archangel and Tyrande's Doll does me fine.



    Normally just spam poh through stuff like security measure. Unless people are really taking a slapping poh is more efficient, and with aoes over time like that you even get reasonable DA use.
    So if im assuming properly id say normal modes for the most part? It is legit hell if you get caught in Shadow conductor+security measure. Oh man terrible.

    PvP not being my main objective i rarely arena and really have no gear to but i find even in 10+ min matchs w/ only 2-3 ppl your going to just go int. In 5s were gonna assume a mana tide cuz shaman are op. Really tho get ur spell pen where its supposed to be and amass intellect. Beyond that figure the playstyle out lol.
    Last edited by Milkshake86; 2011-05-09 at 03:30 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •