Thread: The Witcher

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    the game is by no means outdated. Watch the opening cutscene and tell me to my face this game isn't capable of being beautiful. I'm about 5 hours in, I just picked it up myself. I'm having a good time so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    the witcher is a great game, an odd combat style but thats makes it different then other games.
    also i would recommend completing the witcher before starting at the witcher 2 as it will have effects on the gameplay of the witcher 2 (ie characters not showing up in assasin of kings if you killed them in the first game wich alters your gameplay abit)
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Oh and i almost forgot, The Witcher is derivated from a series of books/novel by a polish author that do quite a nice job, and that is mostly (from memory) translated in English and a couple other languages (German and French too i think).

It's worth reading them to understand the game better, because it gives a little more background and shine light on the Way of the Witcher and WHY some things needs to be done a certain way or another.

There is quite some references to the books in some of the choices you're offered ingame.

Starting with the trilogy is probably better, the short stories book can be disturbing if it's your first (i didn't had the choice, it was the only one translated in a language i can understand at first... ), because it makes quite some references to the trilogy's content.

Is there classes and customization to it to pick how you want to play or are you set as just being a warrior type?

Quote Originally Posted by Druxray View Post
    Is there classes and customization to it to pick how you want to play or are you set as just being a warrior type?
    There is only one char and one "class", but you have a shitload of "points" from different quality to put into "trees" that unlock abilities and bonuses.
    You can manage to have different profils at the end, and different abilities, and have choices to make.

Deleted
    spoilers:

Goddamn this game gives some tough choices, I just finished Chapter IV (51 hours played) and sided with the Order, thinking: "that way they won't be in my way against Salamandra in Old Vizima...but wait, did I consider the Salamandrra evil or not actually? Is Salamandra or the matter with the nonhumans my main problem now, personally? Gaah..."

How long should I expect Chapter V to take at this pace? 10 hours? I'm willing to skip some side quests if that proves necessary (I play this game 1-3 hours a day probably) to finish the game in time for Witcher 2.

Deleted
    its a really good game and the enhanced edition is currently only $4.99 on gog.com so well worth it

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/the_witcher

Deleted
    I'm so deep into the story of the Witcher. I absolutely love it. As soon as I finished the game, I bought and read all 7 books about it.

I think it's an awesome game and I can't wait for the Witcher 2. 4 days...

Wither 2 and La Noire on the same day.. That's just as bad as Mortal Kombat and Portal 2 on the same day.. For once I think there are too many good games coming out!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    Wither 2 and La Noire on the same day.. That's just as bad as Mortal Kombat and Portal 2 on the same day.. For once I think there are too many good games coming out!
    That "problem" is gone when you don't own a PS3 nor a Xbox360 :P

Quote Originally Posted by SocialCola View Post
    its a really good game and the enhanced edition is currently only $4.99 on gog.com so well worth it

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/the_witcher

is there a us site like that? my credit card wont allow international online charges

If addons are just a crutch for healing, forks are just a crutch for eating spaghetti and real carpenters pound in nails with their foreheads.