Poll: Your choice is...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Varian Wrynn View Post
    Was just a thought man, no need to raise blood pressure

What exactly is it about a race that doesn't look like it's been beaten mercilessly by the ugly stick that disturbs you? Cause 'they dun fit mature hrode loktar oger lolz'?
    Sarcasm indicates raised blood pressure. Gotcha.

And did it ever occur to you that some people don't find the blood elves attractive? Sure, the males have nice hair, but the "attractiveness" ends there for me. For everyone guy that finds a chick with no hips, ass, or chest attractive, there's one who likes a woman that looks like a woman. Some people don't like night elf women or human women because they've got dem hips 'n ass. Unfortunately for Horde women that aren't dead or have hooves, they got stuck with some seriously horrifically-rendered faces. Sure, trolls and orcs have "cute faces", but they unfortunately tend to look like vapid space cadets. (Aside from having wonky, half-finished animations.)

I also vastly prefer the Horde not because of "mature hrode loktar oger lolz" as you so eloquently put it, but because their over-arching storyline is far more entertaining than the Alliance. The Alliance consist of typical fantasy trope members, while the Horde has a rather new and refreshing twist on stuff that I spent my D&D youth killing for EXP and Masterwork Armor.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Last DJ View Post
    Sarcasm indicates raised blood pressure. Gotcha.

And did it ever occur to you that some people don't find the blood elves attractive? Sure, the males have nice hair, but the "attractiveness" ends there for me. For everyone guy that finds a chick with no hips, ass, or chest attractive, there's one who likes a woman that looks like a woman. Some people don't like night elf women or human women because they've got dem hips 'n ass. Unfortunately for Horde women that aren't dead or have hooves, they got stuck with some seriously horrifically-rendered faces. Sure, trolls and orcs have "cute faces", but they unfortunately tend to look like vapid space cadets. (Aside from having wonky, half-finished animations.)

I also vastly prefer the Horde not because of "mature hrode loktar oger lolz" as you so eloquently put it, but because their over-arching storyline is far more entertaining than the Alliance. The Alliance consist of typical fantasy trope members, while the Horde has a rather new and refreshing twist on stuff that I spent my D&D youth killing for EXP and Masterwork Armor.
    Well said, though personally I don't mind blood elves.. they could use a bit more badassery in their severely ignored leadership, but aside from that I think they have a decent model and some solid lore.

Voted BE because they taste delicious too.

Quote Originally Posted by ShayMG View Post
    I think Blood elves would be a much more appealing race if they actually did something of note with their faction leader, it seems like he is just twiddling his thumbs in SMC.
    Kael'thas did many things of note. That SMC guy is just a pussy. I would accept Voren'thal the Seer as more of a leader of the Blood Elf race than Lorthemar.
    Nightstormer of Azuremyst

10+ Year Old Account
    From an RP server standpoint, blood elves could have easily trumped night elves in lore and attitude. Unlike the night elves, who are fairly typical tree-hugging statuesque long-lived xenophobes, the blood elves are cool, calculating, devious, and utterly bloodthirsty in both their search for power and a magic source. I mean, aside from the dead guys, who've got little to lose as it is, they actually had the cajones to drain mana from demons. That doesn't just bend the Rule of Cool, that takes it over its knee and breaks the damn thing in half.

Unfortunately, given their blatant anime looks and the average player age of WoW, it quickly turned into lots of "Darksephiroth" and "Sasukexx" types going "LOL IM A FRIGGIN' DEMON" who happen to be the long-lost illegitimate son-or-brother-or-daughter of Kael'thas. Sure, the night elves had a metric ton of Drizzt and Zaknafein clones and wannabe-drow, but the blood elves got hit hard with the Anime Stick of Retardation pretty hard.

Dath'Remar: "Magic is fun! Look - I can turn this squirrel into a frog!"
    Malfurion: "Yeah. Except when it breaks the world. Remember when it broke the world? You were there? I was there? A legion of howling demons was there?"
    Dath'Remar: "... I fail to see your point."
    Malfurion: "Look, I'll make it real simple - stop abusing the evil, demon-attracting powers, or you're out of here."

So much win.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaojin View Post
    Dath'Remar: "Magic is fun! Look - I can turn this squirrel into a frog!"
    Malfurion: "Yeah. Except when it breaks the world. Remember when it broke the world? You were there? I was there? A legion of howling demons was there?"
    Dath'Remar: "... I fail to see your point."
    Malfurion: "Look, I'll make it real simple - stop abusing the evil, demon-attracting powers, or you're out of here."

So much win.
    ok thats funny.

also night elves, i don't like the narcissistic megalomaniac pretty boys and the ditsy sawdust for brains match sticks.

Deleted
    I vote the night elves!
    Andu falah dor! For Elune! For Cenarius! Time to trample the enemies and then burn their towns and use their bodies to feed the animals that were starved by their excessive butchering of animal life and then grown trees in the ashes of their cities. In a few hundread years nobody will know they were even there.

Ok, being serious, I like the night elves more, they are a race that loves nature, that has higher experience but is misunderstood, they have amazing architecture and friendships with great races, they are night creatures and they know what's theirs and they defend it. Besides that many even put the greater good of the world, even their enemies before their good, like they are going now in Hyjal. That's a thing to congratulate.

Blood Elves for sure, after all the terrible things the Night Elves have done I was jsut unable to vote for them.
    I almost wanted to click on them because they have awesome mounts, but my hand was stopping me.
    its not like your precious blood elves are innocent , i hope you do know they have bad historial too :P and yes that includes night elves, since blood elves were originally night elves, that just got addicted to arcane magic and they wanted free bronzage! , SO if you call your ancestors evil, that could include u as well :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Blood Elves, not because of the reasons most choose.

But for the lore based around them. Trolls and Blood elves to me, have the best lore in the game. May be biased but just personal opinion.
    v you dun got goofed bro!
    Quote Originally Posted by Broheals View Post
    I guess you have a job with blizzard... Oh no wait you do better stuff than blizzard! Well done love it, I must see more!
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    I cut out bits from Hamlet and pasted them together in another book. I'm a better author than Shakespeare!

the blood elves are cool,
    mmm RP ? is the word cool allowed or i am really lost. anyway , this is not the description that i would expect from someone that loves lore and RP, you are just trying to not to sound like a horde fanboi :P. yes, if u must know, whoever says horde is cool gives me bad impression, now if you tell me good things about horde ( and races ) in a mature way then ill change my mind, again specially from a RP standpoint as u said.

i will go always for night elves, gnomes, tauren and trolls . my favorite races!

Blood elves, best lore, and we got Kael'thus!

10+ Year Old Account
    A question I need to ask!
    Is this based who would win in a fight 1 on 1? Or favoritism.
    Cause one on one Night elves would break Blood elves like twigs. Arm Size+Height=pain.
    v you dun got goofed bro!
    Quote Originally Posted by Broheals View Post
    I guess you have a job with blizzard... Oh no wait you do better stuff than blizzard! Well done love it, I must see more!
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    I cut out bits from Hamlet and pasted them together in another book. I'm a better author than Shakespeare!

15+ Year Old Account
    I prefer BE architecture (SWP is my favourite place in WoW because of it), but for everything else I prefer NE's

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chocho View Post
    mmm RP ? is the word cool allowed or i am really lost. anyway , this is not the description that i would expect from someone that loves lore and RP, you are just trying to not to sound like a horde fanboi :P. yes, if u must know, whoever says horde is cool gives me bad impression, now if you tell me good things about horde ( and races ) in a mature way then ill change my mind, again specially from a RP standpoint as u said.

i will go always for night elves, gnomes, tauren and trolls . my favorite races!
    cool [kool] adjective, -er, -est, adverb, noun, verb
    calmness; composure; poise: an executive noted for maintaining her cool under pressure.

syn·o·nym –noun
    1.a word having the same or nearly the same meaning as another in the language, as joyful, elated, glad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coinbangles View Post
    A question I need to ask!
    Is this based who would win in a fight 1 on 1? Or favoritism.
    Cause one on one Night elves would break Blood elves like twigs. Arm Size+Height=pain.
    Think it's more a choice of favoritism, which one you like best, at least that's what I understood from the OP's post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Butbutbut....I like ELVES IN GENERAL DAMMIT!

But if I had to choose, I'd go for Blood Elves. Seeing as the WoW elves represent the two most common kinds of elf in fantasy (magic-users and forest-dwellers), I'll go with my personal favourite of the two. Bring on ze magic! =D
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Think it's more a choice of favoritism, which one you like best, at least that's what I understood from the OP's post.
    This. You simply have to choose your favourite elf race.

I have to say Blood Elves, mostly their WC3 stuff.
    "With this costume, I'll get Asian girls for sure!"
    - Judge Malthred revealing my avatar's inner thoughts

Nightelves. I'm not going to claim that they're any better than Bloodelves, they've both made great contributions and committed horrible atrocities. I just like the lunar aesthetic of the Nightleves.
    Warlocks are what FDR was talking about
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHordeGlory View Post
    RAGNAROS: WOULD YOU LIKE THAT TOASTED?!
    Customer: Um, no thanks.
    RAGNAROS: TOO BAD! TASTE THE FLAMES OF SULFURON!