Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uennie View Post
    Am I reading this right or am I assuming that you believe the best people in this game are fluidly stroking their keys with calm collectiveness and suave confidence.
    He was mocking him for clicking instead of using keybinds.

To the OP : Its an odd design element of the fight that its *easier* with fewer people, so pointing at it and saying "herp derp I can solo it y u so bad?" isn't especially clever. most of the p1 deaths are a combination of toxic link splash+whispers of hethiss, a non-factor when you're solo. In p2, its harder to position Hethiss so he doesn't breathe on any of the 5 still spread out people, vs just 1. And in p3 there's no chance of being boxed in by another Bloodvenom targetted on people standing in your path.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah the OP is spot on with just about everything hes saying.

I have taken this boss from 50% several times due to pugs think green = awesome rainbows of happiness.

It's almost easier to solo (or twoman) than a full pug.

But on a sidenote, when bad people die (hunter mainly beacuse they can send their pets in) they pull the god damn turtleboss and send it on me so that I will die and they can stand in the poison again
    Quote Originally Posted by Manlypecs
    It's always safe to blame the healer, since healers aren't real people anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry7212 View Post
    I was really disappointed in ZA/ZG, I logged onto my warrior who had full 2200 pvp gear, plopped on my sword and shield and pugged both with 1 wipe, the fights were just ridiculously easy... I hope firelands doesn't disappoint.
    Being carried by the rest of your group doesn't make the instance easy.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Deleted
    Problems that may arise:

1. Tank stands in Breath of Hethiss
    2. People with Toxic Link move too slowly
    3. Healer is clueless and runs on to poison on floor
    4. DPS does 1 and 3
    5. Healer does 3
    6. There's more than 1 person alive so the Tank gets the Toxic Link

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Toxic link does like 10k a tick plus 30-40k explosion after you break it. Tons of damage, especially if you don't have nature resist in some form. The idea is interesting, but the fight itself is rather badly balanced. The less people you have, the easier it gets, since link breaks instantly so you only get 2 x 30k, instead of 50+.

Quote Originally Posted by Mew View Post
    I don't think you are in a position to judge anyone else's skill in this game, when you are furiously clicking half your binds.
    why do ppl hate on clickers? i click and i can out heal/dps and tank all with clicks better than most keybinders. so i have no idea why everyone ives them shit. when i try to button mash(roll face across keyboard) i do worse. ill stick to what im good at so stop hating on the clickers

---------- Post added 2011-05-08 at 12:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Being carried by the rest of your group doesn't make the instance easy.
    this^^^^^^^^

Avatar and Sig by Serryn. Amazing TY

10+ Year Old Account
    could also be that people have their particle density low, ran with a tank in my guild that dad that.. he turned it up to ultra and saw the maze and everything else as if it was a glow stick
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

Its actually pretty easy to heal through except for druids, because druids arent really good healers because they lack emergency heals, thats why in guilds like paragon you only see 1 resto druid because they are only really used for raid stabalization, but most of the other healers have very good quick heals while druids are lacking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, people could just be assuming he's moving his mouse from bind to bind. I have a Razer Naga and I heal entirely with my right hand because of all the buttons I "click" on the mouse. Regardless, Venoxis is frustrating to people (I can't tell you how shocked I get when I'm in a group that can't even do Zanzil). It's a terrible foreshadowing of Jin'do.

To the person who posted about being able to "breeze" through it. Pug it a few more times. No pug is the same. Maybe you're incredibly lucky and I'm incredibly unlucky, but I've had people wipe on Zanzil 10+ times and Jin'do 12 times max before I finally gave up and went to bed. Usually, it's with people who can't focus their damage on adds. That's pretty much always it.

The thing that kills the group whenever I'm healing is that the tank stands with the boss and the melee at the bottom of his poisoned throne. Ticks for 10k every second, not that hard to manage, but when one of those people gets a toxic link, and tries to run up the throne....

Quote Originally Posted by Lplatehealer View Post
    why do ppl hate on clickers? i click and i can out heal/dps and tank all with clicks better than most keybinders. so i have no idea why everyone ives them shit. when i try to button mash(roll face across keyboard) i do worse. ill stick to what im good at so stop hating on the clickers

---------- Post added 2011-05-08 at 12:21 AM ----------

this^^^^^^^^
    Why? because theres no way in hell you can click as fast as press. short: Multitasking with the keyboard is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than pressing with the friggin mouse.

with people who are switched on and concentrating this isn't hard fight, throw in lag and people not kiting stuff properly it can easily turn bad. However your video really doesnt prove a thing. This fight is easier with less people and your video proves how easy it is with a tank class that has lots of survivability. Doing it solo you dont have to consider where other poeple are or anything, you have the whole area to yourself and you certainly use luxury to your full advantage. Do it again only moving around in that area at the base of the stairs where a tank would normally stay and dont move around tot he other areas where other people would normally be as well and see how you go.

I've only fought him once. Our healer died when Venoxis was at 91% hp and a dps died at 84% hp. We managed to 3 man the rest of it and still had most of our health left. From my view it wasn't that hard of a fight. ^^

Also tip: the people attached to the link arent the only ones that need to pay attention to it, if someone else in the party runs through the beam connecting them it will break it prematurely causing them to take alot more damage.

I think one of the reasons is that with certain video cards/drivers and at certain angles the maze is totally invisible.

Blue Post:
    This is something that has been passed to us but for now I would suggest that you try to ensure that you are not looking at the maze from directly over-head.

Quote Originally Posted by Uennie View Post
    Am I reading this right or am I assuming that you believe the best people in this game are fluidly stroking their keys with calm collectiveness and suave confidence.
    Yes, there's a reason they're the best.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodVengeance View Post
    Its actually pretty easy to heal through except for druids, because druids arent really good healers because they lack emergency heals, thats why in guilds like paragon you only see 1 resto druid because they are only really used for raid stabalization, but most of the other healers have very good quick heals while druids are lacking.
    Just for the record.. I heal these as a druid, and have never had any problems at all. Do we have the burst healing of some other classes, no.. But I've never really found it to be a problem. Between swiftmend, tol -> tranquility (now on a 3 min CD), natures swiftness etc there is no reason a druid should struggle to keep anyone alive in a heroic dungeon.

Deleted
    TBH, solo as a deathknight

I don't get how people can wipe on Venoxis either... It happens way too often! :/
    It was understandable for the fist 2-3 days after 4.1, but there's really no excuses at this point, except being if it your first time in there.

Off topic:
    Merinicus!? I remember you!
    Not sure if you remember me, (Yunitha, I often go by the name Ratbear though).. We were in a guild together, back in WotLK.. Can't remember if it was Aspasia, Faith, Kratos, Fusion or some other guild..
    Anyway, just wanted to say hi ;D
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

Quote Originally Posted by Navene View Post
    Just for the record.. I heal these as a druid, and have never had any problems at all. Do we have the burst healing of some other classes, no.. But I've never really found it to be a problem. Between swiftmend, tol -> tranquility (now on a 3 min CD), natures swiftness etc there is no reason a druid should struggle to keep anyone alive in a heroic dungeon.
    Yeah, i must be getting bad druids then cause on my dps alt when i do dungeons most of my wipes are when i have druid healers.