Deleted

A few Healing questions for 10 man raids

Hello all,

After going through all 5 men content and reaching 352 ilvl i think i'm ready to start thinking into raids but i'm a little suspicious if i know all there is to know about healing strategies in early 10 men content. I did research a lot in the web but i didnt find answers to this so here goes:

Question 1) Beacon => I will probably be assigned to the main tank right off the bat since the community regards holy paladins as a tank healer. Should i use beacon on the main tank (my target), or the off tank?

Question 2) Healing strat => Imagining the main tank has Beacon+Lifebloom+rejuv+riptide+Earth Shield, in not so high damage phases i imagine the tank could be kept up witout my direct heals so i could be using my direct heals on the group, is this situation rare or should i ALWAYS keep 100% of my heals on the tank and forget the group?

Question 3) AOE phases => I imagine that holy radiance is a powerfull spell and should be kept on cooldown, but what about LOD? in 10 men content is it more valuable or only in 25 men should be kept on "cooldown" ?

Question 4) Cooldowns => In normal 10m content is it needed a cooldown rotation on the main tank that should be previously arranged between all the healers or is this only necessary in Heroic Modes and 10m content is easier than that?

Question 5) 2 paladins => If there are 2 paladins and 1 is designated main tank healer and the other raid healer, how should beacon be used?

Thank you all for your patience and possible answers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by knightpt View Post
    Hello all,

After going through all 5 men content and reaching 352 ilvl i think i'm ready to start thinking into raids but i'm a little suspicious if i know all there is to know about healing strategies in early 10 men content. I did research a lot in the web but i didnt find answers to this so here goes:

Question 1) Beacon => I will probably be assigned to the main tank right off the bat since the community regards holy paladins as a tank healer. Should i use beacon on the main tank (my target), or the off tank?

Question 2) Healing strat => Imagining the main tank has Beacon+Lifebloom+rejuv+riptide+Earth Shield, in not so high damage phases i imagine the tank could be kept up witout my direct heals so i could be using my direct heals on the group, is this situation rare or should i ALWAYS keep 100% of my heals on the tank and forget the group?

Question 3) AOE phases => I imagine that holy radiance is a powerfull spell and should be kept on cooldown, but what about LOD? in 10 men content is it more valuable or only in 25 men should be kept on "cooldown" ?

Question 4) Cooldowns => In normal 10m content is it needed a cooldown rotation on the main tank that should be previously arranged between all the healers or is this only necessary in Heroic Modes and 10m content is easier than that?

Question 5) 2 paladins => If there are 2 paladins and 1 is designated main tank healer and the other raid healer, how should beacon be used?

1) my guild runs with 2 hpalas and we cross beacon normally but on nef i have beacon on my main target because of crackles.

2) I try to raid heal as much as i can but use your brain, tank death is almost = raid wipe.

3) i LoD each time i think it's better than WoG, you got quite a few fights where you can hit 5 (6) targets with low hp. Al'akir p2, Maloriak red phase, cham stack phase, magmaw (if you stack with melee's and only have one ranged out), 2 drages in Bot when dispell, and cho'gall.

4) i don't use CD on none end bosses in normal mode but the tanks i heal are quite geared so if you know there is going to be a dmg spike pop one, and a good tip: try to use DF with HR to get more ticks.

5) Normally when there is 2 hpalas in raid each one have a tank to heal but on fights where there are only one tank both beacons on main tank ofc, fights like magmaw, atramedes, 2 drages and al'akir.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by knightpt View Post
    Hello all,

Here's my 10m Heroic POV:

1) I find this depends. I am specced into ToR and on certain fights I feel like I need to utilize it (things like Nefarian where it's questionable if Beacon heals will reach the second target), whereas others (H Magmaw) I find it more helpful to keep Beacon on the offtank.

My rule of thumb:
    Insane damage on one tank: Beacon the tank that's getting beasted and use ToR.
    Decent damage on main tank, some damage on off tank: Beacon offtank, heal MT.
    About equal damage on both: Beacon offtank, switch between healing MT and OT depending on who's taking more damage and if you need to squeeze out more Holy Power.

2) We are now much more flexible in raid healing than we used to be. In low-tank-damage scenarios (Atramedes), I like to Beacon him and heal the raid. Even if I am directly tank healing, I still raid heal where I can.

3) HR is powerful, but it's expensive. It's best used in situations where everyone's grouped up--remember that the heal ticks get smaller the further away they are from you.

On the same vein, LoD is situationally good as well for the stacked-up situations, but if people aren't stacked, it's much harder to hit 5 people in 10m. If you can manage to hit 5 people, the Beacon transfer roughly equals (or surpasses) a WoG on the Beacon target, so take advantage of this when you can. In 25m, you can basically sneeze and hit 5 people, so LoD is much more highly valued in 25m compared to WoG.

4) I find that 10m normals rarely need external cooldowns, but I am geared, so this may impact it. Use Hand of Sacrifice liberally.

5) Depends on if you have two tanks. If you have two tanks, I'd cross-beacon (his beacon on your target, yours on his.) If you have just 1, well then there's not really much of a choice than for you to both Beacon the tank.

However, we still aren't the best raid healers, so I'd recommend you have a more balanced healing group if you can manage it (we run rdruid, hpally, hpriest).
    Last edited by eternalwhitemoon; 2011-05-07 at 07:05 PM. Reason: clarification

Deleted
    Alot of healers wont auto agree on this, but

1) Keep your Bacon on MT and heal others. If MT needs moar, you can use DL + the added hp for a short while, but other than that rely on the other healers to keep him up. Putting bacon anywhere else is just a big waste of 50% healing.

2) Keep your direct heals on everyone else, than MT. (Unless really needed)

3) I've never liked LoD that much, since ive mostly raided 10m. Its often hard to get enough lined up for the heal, but it is really neat thou. With beacon on tank and heavy aoe u can spam DL on MT and get fast hp and spam LoD

4) Its abit situational and often just a good boost.

5) Both can beacon MT, heal everyone else, and keep an eye on MT